MEGA New Miami Adidas Ultraboost🔥 - The Shoe and Nike/Adidas Thread.

Advertisement
I’m curious to the comfort level.

You can't see it well in the pictures, but there is a nicely padded collar around the ankle/heel area. The underside of the gongue is kinda neoprene-ish, I tend to prefer a more padded tongue. The shoe is VERY light and the sole is very strong.

The Lumier drops on August 7, I got a kinda-sort shock-drop notice and they arrived today. If you can find the Sol (the mostly white colorway) in the stores, check it out before you buy. I'm definitely going to wear these and then see if they come out with an orange/green colorway.

You can't see it well in the pictures, but there is a nicely padded collar around the ankle/heel area. The underside of the gongue is kinda neoprene-ish, I tend to prefer a more padded tongue. The shoe is VERY light and the sole is very strong.

The Lumier drops on August 7, I got a kinda-sort shock-drop notice and they arrived today. If you can find the Sol (the mostly white colorway) in the stores, check it out before you buy. I'm definitely going to wear these and then see if they come out with an orange/green colorway.

Did u know this?

Advertisement
Getting closer?

I knew about the shoes, I just didn’t know Jordan Brand laced Andre for attending The Bowl game. This happened not too long after we left Nike for Adidas; just thought that was interesting.

As far as us, just what I know on my end, it’s going to be interesting to see what “we” do.

God****. It’s such a simple shoe, even now 8 years later…how is this not available to the public? I want something like this bad.
You guys don't have them?
1000005666.webp

Advertisement
Also @TheOriginalCane

I’m on the hunt for these Melo J’s. They released in Barcelona yrs ago, but I’m trying to get my hands on them.

So, Jordan Brand never released AJ5’s shoe, but I know some ppl who saw these & took there 11’s & tried to customize it to match. Is that what u did, or did u buy these from a 3rd party?
No, the ones I have are fake. I randomly found them at a Goodwill. They were my size so I picked them up for the **** of it

Did u know this?

I vaguely remember seeing something like this, not sure if it was a snapshot on Facebook or the entire article.

First, there are barely any orange OR green colorways of Jordan 11 that I can find on GOAT. Second, it seems like it would be harder to customize/paint the soles of the shoes, compared to the uppers.

Regardless, I'd love to have a pair. FINDING a pair? Probably **** near impossible (until we sign with Jordan).

Advertisement
As I have mentioned in the past Im cheap with shoes. Well I'm pretty cheap with everything. My wife always tells me to just do it. But I'd rather wait until my whole heel is out with socks or a shirt is beyond wearing to get rid of it. But shoes are Always under $100. (just got a pair of the waffle 6's for $55...Im a 5K/10K guy and love the minimal weight but man it def makes you run harder without realizing while working your legs a bit more so i was hurting the first few times). I got spoiled when I coached because i was getting a pair or two per year for free or basically free.

But My goal was to get to 200lbs and then treat myself to a training shoe and get back into lifting/training fairly hard again to shed the final 20. Finally got to it about 2 months later than I hoped. So i went and designed these. How are these shoes for HIIT type workouts that Ill tend to mix with lifting.

1722608721205.webp

Ayyyye, they look cool & b/c it’s a rare shoe u can get away w/ it. Lol.

So a while back, I told you how I found a pair of all-white AF1s at Goodwill for $5.

I think I've finally figured out what to do with them.

I'm going to order some acrylic leather paint and hit the swoosh and heel-tab with some baltic blue.

A tribute to my very first pair of Nikes back in '79:

1722611530044.webp

Advertisement
As I have mentioned in the past Im cheap with shoes. Well I'm pretty cheap with everything. My wife always tells me to just do it. But I'd rather wait until my whole heel is out with socks or a shirt is beyond wearing to get rid of it. But shoes are Always under $100. (just got a pair of the waffle 6's for $55...Im a 5K/10K guy and love the minimal weight but man it def makes you run harder without realizing while working your legs a bit more so i was hurting the first few times). I got spoiled when I coached because i was getting a pair or two per year for free or basically free.

But My goal was to get to 200lbs and then treat myself to a training shoe and get back into lifting/training fairly hard again to shed the final 20. Finally got to it about 2 months later than I hoped. So i went and designed these. How are these shoes for HIIT type workouts that Ill tend to mix with lifting.

View attachment 296652

So in full disclosure, I’ve never stepped foot in the 9’s. From what I understand, the Metcon 9’s are more geared to straight weight lifting, so it’s more rigid for support. I only F w/ Metcons, & I love them. Mine felt super weird at 1st, but then they just magically gave me support + comfort.

I’m a HIIT guy, & I hit the ish outta my Metcons. However, it would be to try them on in person b/c like I said, it can feel weird at first. Also, get a true size. They have wide versions, too.

So in full disclosure, I’ve never stepped foot in the 9’s. From what I understand, the Metcon 9’s are more geared to straight weight lifting, so it’s more rigid for support. I only F w/ Metcons, & I love them. Mine felt super weird at 1st, but then they just magically gave me support + comfort.

I’m a HIIT guy, & I hit the ish outta my Metcons. However, it would be to try them on in person b/c like I said, it can feel weird at first. Also, get a true size. They have wide versions, too.
Wide is good...my feet arent super wide but I will say the Waffles are really narrow

Thanks for the info.

So a while back, I told you how I found a pair of all-white AF1s at Goodwill for $5.

I think I've finally figured out what to do with them.

I'm going to order some acrylic leather paint and hit the swoosh and heel-tab with some baltic blue.

A tribute to my very first pair of Nikes back in '79:

View attachment 296661
You’re shopping at Goodwill? I’m shocked!

You’re shopping at Goodwill? I’m shocked!

Man, when I first was moving to ATL, I had no idea where anything was. I had just bought my house, but because of my wife's medical issues, it was going to be a month before we moved the furniture, etc. So I stopped at a Goodwill store to see if they had some household things (I actually got a desk lamp and a stand-up lamp). As I was headed up to the register, I went past the shoes, and the AF1s just caught my eye.

I've got nothing against Goodwill, had to shop there a lot when I was a kid. When I used to buy those canvas Nikes for myself for $20 (lawn mowing money), it was only because I couldn't afford the leathers for $40. I used to scrub them to keep them clean, but eventually the canvas would rip.

I still know the value of a dollar...

Advertisement
Back