MEGA New Miami Adidas Ultraboost🔥 - The Shoe and Nike/Adidas Thread.

Advertisement

I might cry when Miami finally drops they going back to Nike

A little back story on this:

I dropped what was going to happen w/ Auburn & UA way back in May 2023 in another thread (Nike).

My cousin played for Auburn in the mid 2000’s & still stay around the program. Auburn fans have been begging for Nike for a min. but the timing was never there.

I told this board, b4 it came to fruition how much $$ Auburn lost on its UA deal b/c of the stock options. UA stock plummeted, causing a huge lost in revenue.

Cohen is Auburn’s new AD. He was once upon a time the AD at MissSU. He had an extensive relationship working w/ Adidas. When the call came for Auburn to leave UA, Cohen’s prior history w/ Adidas pushed him into vouching for Nike. Cohen wanted to upgrade Auburn’s persona. I also knew when they hired Hugh, the switch to Nike was going to happen b/c Freeze is a big Nike guy like Harbaugh.

When they polled fans, student athletes, & former student athletes, the overwhelming choice was Nike. With Bo & Barkley being Nike signature athletes, it’s going to be interesting to see the love they get. Also, hearing Bama is in for a huge pay day when their contract comes up next yr. They missed the first $$ rush, but they won’t this time.

A little back story on this:

I dropped what was going to happen w/ Auburn & UA way back in May 2023 in another thread (Nike).

My cousin played for Auburn in the mid 2000’s & still stay around the program. Auburn fans have been begging for Nike for a min. but the timing was never there.

I told this board, b4 it came to fruition how much $$ Auburn lost on its UA deal b/c of the stock options. UA stock plummeted, causing a huge lost in revenue.

Cohen is Auburn’s new AD. He was once upon a time the AD at MissSU. He had an extensive relationship working w/ Adidas. When the call came for Auburn to leave UA, Cohen’s prior history w/ Adidas pushed him into vouching for Nike. Cohen wanted to upgrade Auburn’s persona. I also knew when they hired Hugh, the switch to Nike was going to happen b/c Freeze is a big Nike guy like Harbaugh.

When they polled fans, student athletes, & former student athletes, the overwhelming choice was Nike. With Bo & Barkley being Nike signature athletes, it’s going to be interesting to see the love they get. Also, hearing Bama is in for a huge pay day when their contract comes up next yr. They missed the first $$ rush, but they won’t this time.
So fr realistic timeline for us what is it? 2/3 more years can we get out of it early ? I need and wants back in Nike like yesterday

Advertisement
So fr realistic timeline for us what is it? 2/3 more years can we get out of it early ? I need and wants back in Nike like yesterday

So every contract has an early negotiating window. Miami can inform Adidas of its intent to negotiate w/ another apparel company by 2025. However, I’ve told a couple of ppl this privately, but I’m very suspicious of those behind the scenes here. I’m weary of a certain booster & his ties to Adidas, so we’ll see.

I’ve always tried to address apparel contracts, & how something that seems one way may not be that way. Ppl get fooled all the time by the big, shiny info, and pay very little attention to the fine print. For instance, when Auburn signed w/ UA, it was said to be one of the richest apparel contacts in the NCAA, when in actuality it wasn’t b/c of the conditions. Auburn’s contract actually bled $10m. On the other hand, UCLA appeared to be taking pennies on the dollar compared to their fraudulent UA contract, when in actually, b/c of royalties + “winning” escalators, it wasn’t too far off:

“UCLA has taken some steps to address its financial problems. The department has cut costs by reducing staff and travel expenses. The department has also raised revenue by increasing ticket prices and by selling more merchandise.”

“UCLA’s $18.3 million in revenue from sponsorships, licensing agreements, advertisements and royalties was an increase of $3.5 million from the previous year thanks in part to it being the first year the school earned sales commissions from its Nike deal.”

With the increase sales in merchandise from the switch, it helped close their financial gap. Some of our fans r stuck in the same rhetoric of “but, but Adidas paid more,” not understanding the intricacies and hidden details found w/in contracts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back