NC State 9pm ESPNU

Advertisement
Deng Gak’s moment has arrived

My God he's so bad. I know he has zero offensive skills but if he's not even gonna try to move his feet on defense he's just a liability. MCgusty even had enough and was giving him the Mario Chalmers treatment. Miller tried but somehow looked even worse. It's really something that we're even winning these games with no inside presence.

...when someone told him what Inday said...
1640837542778.webp

Advertisement
Huge win. Wasn’t looking too great there for a while. It’s pretty amazing we are 10-3 with absolutely zero presence inside. Kam is having an All ACC season. A smooth 20 points, 11 boards, and 5 assists. Wong was amazing down the stretch, but like I said in another post I’d love to see that aggression from him earlier in the game. I’ve noticed a trend with him lately where he waits to take over late. Jordan miller with his best game as a Cane by far. Drilling 3’s, hitting tough shots, playing solid D. Moore was frustrating at times like he always is but also made some nice plays. Joseph gave us solid minutes off the bench. I don’t get why people on this board rip him. He’s not going to be a focal point of the offense this season. Walker had his best minutes of the season down the stretch. No need to talk about Gak and Rodney 😂

Advertisement
I was getting to the point where I was about to give up on Coach L, but I gladly admit I was wrong to do so just yet. Since our new AD Rad has been hired, Coach L has stepped it up. After 2+ years of being an ACC basement dweller, i will relish any Canes basketball win against an ACC opponent. Go Canes!

I was getting to the point where I was about to give up on Coach L, but I gladly admit I was wrong to do so just yet. Since our new AD Rad has been hired, Coach L has stepped it up. After 2+ years of being an ACC basement dweller, i will relish any Canes basketball win against an ACC opponent. Go Canes!
No coach could have won wiith all the injuries the last 2 years

Advertisement
He was amazing down the stretch. I just wish he wouldn’t wait until so late in the game to take over. He’s good enough to do that earlier in the game.
Yep. It honestly may be as simple as getting him earlier minutes handling the ball. With Lykes perma-injured he had a lot more opportunity to do it last year. It could be why he’s been (relatively) meh this year.

Advertisement
Amazing watching Wong take over late.. We might be a tournament team if we had even 1 competent big... But we don't. Sam is a stretch 4 and you see how much we missed him tonight. Amazing how long Gak and Miller have been here and they're just unplayable.
Been a problem since L got here. He inherited the big guys on the ACC title team and Tonye has been the only serviceable one since.

Interesting win team showed grit and Wong looked like the guy I often saw amazing things from. So much for Dak but the inside got a lot tighter. mGusty keeps playing like this we might be special. Our best inside guy and shooter Mr. New Zealand couldn’t play tonight so we have a possible special bunch. Coach L needs to teach our guys how to break a press. Good job guys keep it up and GO CANES !

Advertisement
Back