My pitch to Flowe.

Good except for the part of how relevant we ONCE were. Miami is ALWAYS relevant. "Hey kid, this is when we were relevant!" So you think you're IRRELEVANT now? Boy, that's a pitch he won't be able to resist.🙄

We are obviously not as relevant as we once were. The point I was making is, if we want to return to our former prominence, we need players like him to do so. He means more to us then he means to Clemson.

Advertisement
We really should fly Ray Lewis (in a private jet, then helicopter) to personally deliver his LOI/paperwork to his playoff game.

Ray: “Sign these papers now and suit up, it’s time for a new legend!”
(52 then throws up the U and squirrels back to the heavily armed millitary chopper)

I never said he's a 100% Lock...All I was responding to is the "He has No interest in UM"...."Just a free trip" BS that was said non-stop.....Kid has legitimate interest...Knows far more than you realize about UMs LBer History...Either way....kid had a smile on his face the entire time I saw him...

I never said he's a 100% Lock...All I was responding to is the "He has No interest in UM"...."Just a free trip" BS that was said non-stop.....Kid has legitimate interest...Knows far more than you realize about UMs LBer History...Either way....kid had a smile on his face the entire time I saw him...

Don’t tell LCE this. Lol

Advertisement
Sorry OP, but this is an awful pitch. I'm a UM fan and even I would be looking around after this pitch. Flowe is a special player, he is looking to go somewhere he can do special things, we need to show him we are THAT place for him to unlock his potential, not the he should do us a favor and help us out.

Now, will the staff put him 3 yards from the LOS so he gets caught in the trash in every outside zone? 56 and 55 are not great athletes, but our D don't help them very often

I am not sure if you offered an alternative here. But, as you said, he is a special player. In my pitch. I am acknowledging that we need special players like him for us to get back where we once were. That’s a reality. We also have special players on defense to surround him with that would allow him to thrive.

BTW, a big part of recruiting is all about enticement. And in some instances, **** near begging. What do you think it means when kids asked to be “shown love”. I don’t believe my pitch “asking for a favor” or “helping us out”. It’s about being a part of making something great again versus being a part of something already great.

I would start by having him sit through highlights of UM in its glory years. The big games, the pageantry, the big wins. Just show him how relevant we once were. How much we mattered to CFB
I would then outline the following
1. You will be great anywhere you go
2. You will have a chance to start pretty much anywhere you go.
3. Your leader Clemson, is elite and will continue to be elite with or without you.
4. There are an awesome array of young and explosive front 7 players to support you and allow you to flow (no pun intended) to the ball.
4. Miami will never be elite again until we start to getting players like you.
5. You will make the biggest difference to college football if you are part of the awakening of a “sleeping giant”. Your legacy will be that are one of the main reasons Miami is elite again. CFB will be better for it.
Are you ready to make a difference? Are you ready to make history?
You forgot to add in a nice big designer bag full of cash đź’°

Advertisement
We are obviously not as relevant as we once were. The point I was making is, if we want to return to our former prominence, we need players like him to do so. He means more to us then he means to Clemson.
Not as much? Agreed. However, you did say "irrelevant".

Advertisement
Back