Most talented RB/WR/TE group in the ACC for 2022?

I was looking through some projected ACC depth charts and began to wonder if our 2022 projected offense includes the best RB/WR/TE group in the ACC. And, who on our schedule is well-suited to slow them down.

We already have the ACC's likely best QB.

RB: Adding Parrish and Citizen make our RB room as deep as almost any program in the country. It's as complementary a unit as you can have, too. Speed, some power, pass catching, and lots of hungry players.

Our WR room may lack that supposed clear-cut #1, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that George, Smith or Brinson grow into high volume targets. Taken from a well-constructed post in the depth chart thread, this is what we're looking at for WR/TE:

WR: Brinson - Ladson - Redding
WR: K. Smith - George – Horton
WR: Restropo - B. Smith
TE: Mallory - Arroyo - Skinner

How many ACC teams have guys like Arroyo (maybe, if not Mallory), George, and B Smith on their second units?

Obviously, the success of the skill positions and QB partly rely on the success of our OL and playcalling. But, talent for talent, we're a leap at WR away from being the best in the ACC already by this season.

Maybe some of you with deeper knowledge of ACC units can chime in and compare.
Agreed. The right OC turns Brinson, George, K.Smith and Restrepo into high volume targets. That's not even counting TE and RB. With TVD to sling it. Watch out.

Advertisement
are we talking rankings?

we're behind behind clemson but I do think it's close

I mean clemson got the #1 TE last year in the country and Will Shipley the #2 RB. a bunch of top WR's sprinkled in that rank higher than our guys

I believe in our players though and think we can compete with Clemson. I think after the '23 recruiting class it'll be more evident we take the leap
Skill wise it's getting close and it's going to get much closer. Obviously the main focus needs to be the OL. We start closing the gap there and we're smoking.

LOL @ u ninjas comparing rosters already... We can have the #1 roster in the nation and still finish dead last in the ACC...

I don't want to have the most talented RB/WR/TE group in the ACC for 2022 until we prove we can keep the most talented RB/WR/TE group in the ACC for 2022.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back