Most talented RB/WR/TE group in the ACC for 2022?

I would say both WR & RB are a good collection of talent - but is there a true alpha in either group? I'm optimistic there will be, but from what I've seen so far I I'm only semi-confident there will be.

As a whole we're as talented as anyone in the ACC. Just need some go-to playmakers to emerge.

Advertisement
The key for me will be the TE's. Mallory is in a money year and has to finally prove he can consistently make big catches. Arroyo showed some flashes of how good of a receiver he can be and hopefully improves even more his second year.
If the Skinner kid can be used the same way Arroyo was used his Frosh year then we are really cooking with gas.
I am excited to see any combo of those guys on the field and maybe even some 3 TE sets near goalline.
(It all depends on the OC we know, we know.)

Advertisement
The key for me will be the TE's. Mallory is in a money year and has to finally prove he can consistently make big catches. Arroyo showed some flashes of how good of a receiver he can be and hopefully improves even more his second year.
If the Skinner kid can be used the same way Arroyo was used his Frosh year then we are really cooking with gas.
I am excited to see any combo of those guys on the field and maybe even some 3 TE sets near goalline.
(It all depends on the OC we know, we know.)
Mallory has enough good film, especially if you throw in the plays called back by BS penalties. :)

We need to sure up the OL. I don't trust Campbell at RT. He's always looked ok at OG but was a turnstile at OT.

The greentree insiders always talk him up as an OT but he sucks come game time.

Mallory has enough good film, especially if you throw in the plays called back by BS penalties. :)
Yes.
But we all know he can play better. Like Mackey award finalist type of better if he can stay healthy and play up to his potential.

Advertisement
A lot will depend on the offensive system they’re in.

I think the RB’s & TE’s will be the primary focus of the offense going forward & will have the most productivity.

As far as most talented in the conference, we’re in the top 3. Clemson & UNC are still recruiting at a high level.

Don't know enough about their WRs, and you guys both know what you're talking about. Our WR unit looks good potential wise but has a lot to prove productoin wise. Overall across skill positions, do UVA or Pitt stack up to our guys?
Virginia has no RB that I know of. I’d say Elliott will address that though. They lost their stud TE.

They bring back Armstrong so they’re set at QB and WR

Pitt has Jordan Addison and they have decent depth behind him but nothing like the 3 headed monster at Virginia. Pitt also has a nice stable of backs and Kedon Slovis at QB. They won’t drop off too much.. minus their OC hire leaving a lot to be desired. He probably slows them down himself.

UNC recruits at a high level and have Josh Downs and decent depth at WR and RB.

Yes.
But we all know he can play better. Like Mackey award finalist type of better if he can stay healthy and play up to his potential.
It's been more frustrating seeing him not get the ball when he has been open. Now I don't need our TE getting 10 catches a game, but it does frustrate me that he often seems to get forgotten on the field. He's a matchup nightmare, and we haven't taken advantage of that, yet. Maybe with the O actually clicking on all cylinders we'll see his full potential.

Now, who the **** is calling plays next year?

Advertisement
More specifically, run blocking.
Run blocking looks better when play calling isn't too predictable. I think our line is as good as any we've had in years. Just don't be so predictable.

Another thing that I have to say. When it's 3rd and a foot, why must we always have the QB in shotgun? The **** QB sneak is a lost art. Put some 350 pound dude behind the QB and tell him to push like Manny Diaz giving birth. It aint rocket science. All this BS trickery happening 6 yards in the backfield is stupid. The **** ball has to move forward a foot, but now you've gone and made it 3rd and 7 by snapping it back. I hate it.

Thats my old man rant for the day.... Until my wife gets here.

In my eyes:
RB: I like ours as on par with Clemson (we have insane depth suddenly) and Pitt slightly behind
TE: On par or the best as pass catchers. Likely bottom few in blocking capability.
QB: Give me TVD over anyone right now possibly in the country
WR: Not real high on ours yet (not that they can't show out with rambo gone and improve) I just did not love the routes from key smiff. Restrepo I LOVE and I think Brinson and/or George will surprise this year. Lots of good players, but no great players yet. Would take UVA WRs over ours in a heartbeat and probably Pitts as well as Addison is a beast on his own

Advertisement
There is just something about Bronson and the way he makes contested catches that make me think he can be a 1000 yd x receiver.

He is open even when he isn’t open. When our quarterback’s realize this AND he develops better separation, it is over for ACC defenses.

I think our number 1 is already on the roster.

The wide receiver coach hire is very important. We need a teacher that builds their confidence. These guys have the skill set to get TVD 3600+ yards.

We need the offensive coordinator to be better than Lashlee. We can’t defend our own guys calling plays that run them into coverage.

I was looking through some projected ACC depth charts and began to wonder if our 2022 projected offense includes the best RB/WR/TE group in the ACC. And, who on our schedule is well-suited to slow them down.

We already have the ACC's likely best QB.

RB: Adding Parrish and Citizen make our RB room as deep as almost any program in the country. It's as complementary a unit as you can have, too. Speed, some power, pass catching, and lots of hungry players.

Our WR room may lack that supposed clear-cut #1, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that George, Smith or Brinson grow into high volume targets. Taken from a well-constructed post in the depth chart thread, this is what we're looking at for WR/TE:

WR: Brinson - Ladson - Redding
WR: K. Smith - George – Horton
WR: Restropo - B. Smith
TE: Mallory - Arroyo - Skinner

How many ACC teams have guys like Arroyo (maybe, if not Mallory), George, and B Smith on their second units?

Obviously, the success of the skill positions and QB partly rely on the success of our OL and playcalling. But, talent for talent, we're a leap at WR away from being the best in the ACC already by this season.

Maybe some of you with deeper knowledge of ACC units can chime in and compare.

Hopefully Mario lets these guys loose. Have my reservations whether he will.

Advertisement
Back