Michael Jackson-Kerr DB from Alabama committed-unconfirmed

Advertisement
He has over a 95 SPARQ rating, Redwine by comparison has a SPARQ rating in the 80's..this kid ran a faster 40 than Redwine, and a better 20 short shuttle at a higher weight. Nice long athlete it seems.

He has over a 95 SPARQ rating, Redwine by comparison has a SPARQ rating in the 80's..this kid ran a faster 40 than Redwine, and a better 20 short shuttle at a higher weight. Nice long athlete it seems.

Never mind that...from Alabama...he soox

Yes let's stay in sofla and get those 5 star cb's just like Tracy Howard...O wait he is having a terrible yr, can't tackle and even when playing man (his specialty according to all the sofla stud scouts around here) he has been dominated. He got abused by either Famu or Ark st I forget which game it was.

Also need to take into account that some of the kids in sofla have terrible grades or trouble issues ie. Cole. I am not slurping on Golden's **** but some of you guys just want to ***** about anything possible. As someone else stated our two most consistent corners this year have been Elder and Gunter. Both from out of state and less highly ranked then Burns and Howard.

Lastly, although we all know our scheme sucks to put it lightly, doesn't mean that we should try and recruit people that don't fit the scheme we use. Clearly Golden will be back next year and clearly it is his BS scheme that we use, so whether Dorito is back or not we will almost 100% be playing the same scheme. Therefore it makes sense to bring in the type of corners they feel fit the scheme they use.

Advertisement
Yes let's stay in sofla and get those 5 star cb's just like Tracy Howard...O wait he is having a terrible yr, can't tackle and even when playing man (his specialty according to all the sofla stud scouts around here) he has been dominated. He got abused by either Famu or Ark st I forget which game it was.

Also need to take into account that some of the kids in sofla have terrible grades or trouble issues ie. Cole. I am not slurping on Golden's **** but some of you guys just want to **** about anything possible. As someone else stated our two most consistent corners this year have been Elder and Gunter. Both from out of state and less highly ranked then Burns and Howard.

Lastly, although we all know our scheme sucks to put it lightly, doesn't mean that we should try and recruit people that don't fit the scheme we use. Clearly Golden will be back next year and clearly it is his BS scheme that we use, so whether Dorito is back or not we will almost 100% be playing the same scheme. Therefore it makes sense to bring in the type of corners they feel fit the scheme they use.

Played pretty darn good last season. Perhaps the coaching + development blows cack?

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
He seems legit to me. Good size, decent speed, very athletic and can play both corner or S. He was evaluated in person at the Miami camp in June and was offered then.

6'1", 195
4.67 40. 4.29 shuttle, 34 inch vert, 35 Powerball, 95.6 SPARQ Rating

Here is how our 3 DBs came in this year:
Marques Gayot (6'1", 205): 4.87 40 (4.82 best), 4.29 20, 13 reps of 225, 365 squat, 264 clean, 300 bench, 30.5 vert
Kiy Hester (6'0", 200): 4.64 40 (4.57 best), 4.30 20, 9 reps of 225, 455 squat, 252 clean, 285 bench, 28.5 vert
Ryan Mayes (6'1", 197): 4.66 40 (4.61 best), 4.42 20, 4 reps of 225, 385 squat, 242 clean, 245 bench, 32 vert

Others:
Artie Burns (6'0, 196): 4.56 40 (4.47 best), 4.26 20, 6 reps of 225, 385 squat, 252 clean, 270 bench, 32.5 vert
Antonio Crawford (5'11", 191): 4.47 40 (4.38 best), 4.27 20, 11 reps of 225, 325 squat, 242 clean, 300 bench, 30.5 vert
Corn Elder (5'10", 188): 4.46 40 (4.37 20), 4.45 20, 0 reps of 225, 350 squat, 220 clean, 250 bench, 33 vert
Ladarius Gunter (6'2", 198): 4.58 40 (4.56 best), 4.33 20, 7 reps of 225, 315 squat, 285 bench, 30 vert
Tracy Howard (5'11", 188): 4.57 40 (4.52 best), 4.26 20, 12 reps of 225, 365 squat, 242 clean, 300 bench, 29 vert
Ray Lewis III (5'9", 188): 4.63 40 (4.58 best), 4.41 20, 10 reps of 225, 460 squat, 242 clean, 285 bench, 28 vert

Deon Bush (6'1", 198): Didn't test in running events, 17 reps of 225, 264 clean, 355 bench, 37.5 vert
Jamal Carter (6'1, 213): 4.67 40 (4.62 best), 4.52 20, 20 reps of 225, 485 squat, 318 clean, 395 bench, 30 vert
Dallas Crawford (5'10", 196): 4.85 40 (4.83 best), 4.36 20, 17 reps of 225, 435 squat, 264 clean, 305 bench, 30.5 vert
Rayshawn Jenkins (6'1", 202): Did not test due to coming off injury

He would come in as our fastest S along with Carter. I think Bush is faster but did not test.

Last edited:
Advertisement

yes unless the local newspaper is making stuff up:

"Colleges have neither stopped nor gotten enough of Michael Jackson.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pound defensive back from Spain Park High School picked up his first offer from a Southeastern Conference school last week. In fact, both LSU and Georgia offered him a scholarship on the same day.

"It was real surprising," Jackson says. "You don't expect those two to be your first SEC offers. It was real eye-opening."

Jackson got both of the offers while at an Alabama summer camp. Georgia coaches told him they "liked everything I bring to the table and I'm perfect for their secondary." Alabama coaches liked Jackson too, though they haven't offered him a scholarship yet. He expects to hear from Alabama coaches this week on whether his camp performance warranted an offer. Alabama already has four defensive secondary commits and 19 total for its class of 2015, meaning spots are very limited going forward. "

give that writer a pulitzer.

Also need to take into account that some of the kids in sofla have terrible grades or trouble issues ie. Cole. I am not slurping on Golden's **** but some of you guys just want to **** about anything possible. As someone else stated our two most consistent corners this year have been Elder and Gunter. Both from out of state and less highly ranked then Burns and Howard.

Played pretty darn good last season. Perhaps the coaching + development blows cack?

Bull****...he was better in his sophomore season than his freshman season.

He's gotten worse in his junior season and you blame that on coaching?

What about Corn? Where's the cry for pitiful development there?

What about Gunter? What about Deon Bush who has made dramatic improvement at the Safety position.

What I THINK happened is that Tracy got to feeling his oats and reading his own press clippings.

His high school head coach Shawn Raney said the college coaches are really impressed by Jackson's versatility.

"He's one that is athletic enough to play corner but if not he could be a really athletic safety because of his size. He's got the size and the cover skills. I think he can play corner in college, but all of them say that even if he can't that he can be a very athletic safety. So they've got two choices and two places to fit with him."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/spain_park_rising_senior_cb_mi.html

Bull****...he was better in his sophomore season than his freshman season.

He's gotten worse in his junior season and you blame that on coaching?

What about Corn? Where's the cry for pitiful development there?

What about Gunter? What about Deon Bush who has made dramatic improvement at the Safety position.

What I THINK happened is that Tracy got to feeling his oats and reading his own press clippings.

You're right, the coaching and the development is perfect.

I'm going with the overlying MAJOR problem till I see proof of the opposite.

Remember, UNC is the real test this week.

Biggest game of Bunchy's tenure next week.

Advertisement
Back