MIAMI at NC STATE ( -3) 12 NOON JAN 14 ACCNX BALLY SPORTS PLUS

Advertisement
Difference in that half was possessions. They had 4 more rebounds, 5 more offensive, and 5 less turnovers resulting in 10 more shot attempts.

Flip the switch with turnovers and with Wong back in, we’ve got a chance.

Eh, can’t be too upset. Some really sloppy play but overall they played tough. Burns is a problem inside. Wong not playing the last 5+ obviously the difference.

I expect the refs to call it tighter in the second half… we’ll see. NC State is a good team (idk who said they weren’t) and they’re desperate for pay back. Have to get Miller involved and Pack has to get going.

I trust Coach L to make adjustments

Advertisement
this stretch of the season is tough and we really need to start forming an identity. Because right now I see a talented team that doesn’t panic but it has flaws that a lot of teams in the country can expose on any given day. Height is an issue but when you aren’t that big and can’t shoot 3’s your margin for error is minuscule. The constant larger deficits is no way to play either. We really need more from Pack.

That being said it’s not panic time by any means. I’d rather a 2-4 stretch happen now then later

Advertisement
The Tobacco Road Mafia is real!
Admittedly I don’t have the game on as not televised here but posters on this forum love to throw around male alpha and beta commentary. When I see posts blaming refs and “tobacco road madia,” more than anything to this screams beta, excuses and whining.

Just shutup, play and win

Maybe we all got ahead of ourselves we look nothing like a Top 25 team and guys like Miller and Wong are just not leading this team and that is not acceptable.
Amazing how many of our "Fans" overreact anytime this team isn't winning by 30+. I knew that as soon as I saw the score coming into half, I'd read poorly reasoned takes like this. Yep, Miami, who has beaten MULTIPLE NCAA Tournament teams, who is currently 14-2 with a solid OOC schedule and is into conference play with a solid start isn't a Top 25 team. Why? Because of one half, on the road, against another solid team.

Miller and Wong are trash, they haven't combined to score 25+ this half. Miami is shooting 25% from deep, that's the big problem. Open perimeter looks aren't falling but Miami is still shooting 50% from the field overall. Once a couple of 3's go down, this game will likely turn. We've seen this play out OVER AND OVER again this season, but people refuse to learn. NC State isn't elite, but they aren't the dregs either. Winning on the road in the ACC isn't a gimmie, that's true in any major conference.

Advertisement
Game is a 10 pt difference at halftime.

Turnovers - UM 9 NCSt 3
Pts off Turnovers - NCSt 15 UM 5
Turnover and shooting 25% from 3 is a recipe for a loss.
Maybe we are just in the dog days of the schedule now and winning on the road will just continue to be a problem for most teams in a tough conference.

Pretty sure this ridiculous knee jerk porst after one bad half may be getting ahead of yourself.
I go and take my dogs on a walk, and I knew as soon as I walked back in, knowing what the margin was, that I was going to read some nonsense. It's like a fair number of our fans are utterly clueless about the team.

Advertisement
1673719611871.gif

Advertisement
Back