Miami at Florida State (1-27-21) at 6 pm on the ACCN.

Advertisement
The lowest this program has been in almost 28 years.
This is how I feel. At least in the early 90’s we were resurrecting the program but at least had guys who played hard, although we’re totally over matched. This current situation is a disgrace. I can’t say a single good thing about this program.

You can find a success, mid-major coach who would take an ACC job. You have to go back 93-94 to find a team this embarrassing.

IF we can find and land a relatively young coach on an upward trajectory, I'd have no qualms with replacing Coach L. That said, I don't think this is an X's and O's issue. Coach L definitely has blame here, but I am of the belief that he doesn't have the staff or support around him to consistently get ACC players on campus. This is a talent issue.

Thank goodness Coach Hamilton is a merciful guy. They could've hung up 100+ on us tonight and beat us by 40 if they wanted to. Embarrassing

IF we can find and land a relatively young coach on an upward trajectory, I'd have no qualms with replacing Coach L. That said, I don't think this is an X's and O's issue. Coach L definitely has blame here, but I am of the belief that he doesn't have the staff or support around him to consistently get ACC players on campus. This is a talent issue.

Good, up and coming coaches would absolutely be interested in the job.

Problem is, I don't think our AD/BOT could distinguish a good, up and coming coach from a two legged dog wearing a top hat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This is the football program outside of 2017 and 2020.

I get the gist of what you're saying, but truth be told it's not even close. As bad as our football program has been over the years, I don't think they've ever been as low as our basketball program is today. What we're seeing from this basketball program is unprecedented even by Miami standards. This is bad. Like God awful bad. I can't remember ever seeing any of our major sports teams being this terrible. Not sure you realize just how bad we are at basketball right now.

I get the gist of what you're saying, but truth be told it's not even close. As bad as our football program has been over the years, I don't think they've ever been as low as our basketball program is today. What we're seeing from this basketball program is unprecedented even by Miami standards. This is bad. Like God awful bad. I can't remember ever seeing any of our major sports teams being this terrible. Not sure you realize just how bad we are at basketball right now.

I do. That’s why I watch about 10 minutes of every game or until we get down about 10 which is sometimes quicker than that.

Is he deliberately sabotaging the program at this point?

Honestly, I don't think so. I just feel he does not have the answers to the situation this season has turned into.
For example, when Coach L was in the press conference talking about the team is not good at shooting 3 point shots. I was disappointed because I think that is a simple fix. All he has to do is make all of the perimeter players shot an additional 300 to 500 3 point shots per day outside of practice. That would improve the shooting on the team.
Things like that make some people feel he has lost interest in coaching. Leaders have to provide answers in a time of crisis.

Advertisement
That's... that's not how that works.

Actually, it really is.

If you are not making jump shots, practicing shooting more.
If you are not driving the ball off the tee, go to the driving range and practice your swing.
If you are dropping the football, get on the juggs machine and work on your hands catching the football.
If a quarterback has accuracy issues, find a receiver to throw the ball to running the route you have issues with.

You don't get to hit the B button to become a better shooter in real life.

Reps lead to improvement.

Advertisement
Back