Miami at Florida State (1-27-21) at 6 pm on the ACCN.

Actually, it really is.

If you are not making jump shots, practicing shooting more.
If you are not driving the ball off the tee, go to the driving range and practice your swing.
If you are dropping the football, get on the juggs machine and work on your hands catching the football.
If a quarterback has accuracy issues, find a receiver to throw the ball to running the route you have issues with.

You don't get to hit the B button to become a better shooter in real life.

Reps lead to improvement.

Walker and McGusty have good form and only need reps, I'll give you those. Olaniyi is passable.

As for the rest of the team though, if they legitimately want to improve their jumpshots, they need to do it in the offseason. Most of this team's shooting issues trace back to terrible form; Wong does a deep squat before rising, Beverly shoots off his shoulder, and Timberlake from his nose. Reps won't help any of that, they all need to be overhauled. It takes about 3 months before a reworked shot is even usable in a game, let alone effective.

And the more drastic the change, the longer its gonna take. With Timberlake for example, they probably need to scrap the whole thing and start over, beginning with single handed form shooting from the charge circle. How that wasn't done when Earl was in like 7th grade is absolutely mind blowing to me. Who the **** coaches these kids?

Advertisement
Walker and McGusty have good form and only need reps, I'll give you those. Olaniyi is passable.

As for the rest of the team though, if they legitimately want to improve their jumpshots, they need to do it in the offseason. Most of this team's shooting issues trace back to terrible form; Wong does a deep squat before rising, Beverly shoots off his shoulder, and Timberlake from his nose. Reps won't help any of that, they all need to be overhauled. It takes about 3 months before a reworked shot is even usable in a game, let alone effective.

And the more drastic the change, the longer its gonna take. With Timberlake for example, they probably need to scrap the whole thing and start over, beginning with single handed form shooting from the charge circle. How that wasn't done when Earl was in like 7th grade is absolutely mind blowing to me. Who the **** coaches these kids?

The 300 to 500 jump shots is only the season requirement. It should be 1000 per day in the offseason.
Once a kid gets on campus, it is up to the college coaching staff to improve and develop his talent.
That is what was promised during the recruiting process.

The 300 to 500 jump shots is only the season requirement. It should be 1000 per day in the offseason.
Once a kid gets on campus, it is up to the college coaching staff to improve and develop his talent.
That is what was promised during the recruiting process.

If shooting a million jumpshots turned you into a good shooter, everyone in the sport would shoot 40% from 3. Yet the saying "if we can just teach him to shoot" has gotten thousands of coaches, executives and GMs fired over the years. Its not that easy.

If shooting a million jumpshots turned you into a good shooter, everyone in the sport would shoot 40% from 3. Yet the saying "if we can just teach him to shoot" has gotten thousands of coaches, executives and GMs fired over the years. Its not that easy.

No, it does turn you into a great shooter. The problem is most people aren't disciplined enough to do it.
A lot of people will about Mamba Mentality or Be like Mike, they even buy and wear the shoes but they have no desire to be in a gym 8 hours a day working on their basketball game.
It is called a work ethic.

No, it does turn you into a great shooter. The problem is most people aren't disciplined enough to do it.
A lot of people will about Mamba Mentality or Be like Mike, they even buy and wear the shoes but they have no desire to be in a gym 8 hours a day working on their basketball game.
It is called a work ethic.
I'm not sure it's so simple either, but have no expertise whatsoever to fall back on to judge. I did think it interesting that Sam seemed to always make his 3's more than anyone, even DJ, in warmups... a beautiful form even. But gametime, fuggetaboutit. With these issues of (Matt Cross) confidence, hero-ball, who gets the open pass - or not - and when... I would venture it's possibly a good deal more complex than work ethic.

Advertisement
I'm not sure it's so simple either, but have no expertise whatsoever to fall back on to judge. I did think it interesting that Sam seemed to always make his 3's more than anyone, even DJ, in warmups... a beautiful form even. But gametime, fuggetaboutit. With these issues of (Matt Cross) confidence, hero-ball, who gets the open pass - or not - and when... I would venture it's possibly a good deal more complex than work ethic.

Watch any NBA team during shootaround; they never miss. Yet even Steph, the best shooter the sport has ever seen, misses more in-game 3s than he makes. ****, even Ben Simmons makes it rain in shootaround.

Shooting in practice is waaaaaaaaay different than shooting in the game.

Advertisement
Back