Miami at Boston College (1-12-21) at 7 pm on Fox Sports

Advertisement
Overall, here's my take on tonight's game. No matter the personnel a team can always control their energy and effort. Tonight's outcome is completely unacceptable. I don't know if there's a player on BC's roster that was recruited by us, but watching them play a few times this season I can tell you not one of their players is talented enough to start for Miami. How you allow yourself to get blown out by them is baffling to me. As a Canes fan, I hope this staff and this team uses this as a learning experience. Timberlake needs to be reigned in some. Shows a lot of flashes in transition but looks very lost otherwise. Cross was soft today. Not sure if he had any jitters for playing back at home but he looked out of it from the onset. Wong and Beverly look like they're regressing. Worst of all is I hate the body language I'm seeing from the players on the floor and on the bench. Players with their heads down, slouching in their chairs is unacceptable behavior. Team has to come together, including the whack *** coaching staff Coach L has in place or this could be one of the worst Miami teams we've seen in a long time.

GO CANES!
This should be the defining game for his dismissal. You could see Jim's frustration. These kids are not responding.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Actually, these comments are comical to me.

Don't get me wrong, I want the team to play better and win more. However, at no time. I am not throwing my cell phone at my flat screen TV. I keep my emotions in check.
I’m not doing that either. I only watch them when they are on one of the espn networks. Not going to waste my time trying to find a live stream for a team that sucks and a coach who needed to go for over a year now.

I'm sure Coach L is a good technical coach. Whether he's burned out or over the hill is certainly debatable. However, as Consigliere and others have frequently said, I think not filling all the scholarships is unconscionable, and especially has a telling impact on fielding 2 teams for intra-squad practice games. How many times (after an injury or 2) do we hear the staff say well, we can't have a full practice - not enough guys...

...being in the wrong spot, playing hero-ball over passing and assists, and several things that seem to take a losing toll - would handily benefit from abundant full squad practice games. If this roster management trend doesn't turn around fast, I'm aboard the ByeBye Express.

Advertisement
Jim is a good guy who was a great HC 10 years ago. He's done more for the program than any coach this side of Leonard Hamilton. As it stands, we are going to be 3 years removed from a tourney appearance after making 3 in a row.

The whole FBI thing with Dewan should have been a one season blip at worst but we were still hearing excuses from Larranaga this time last year before the pandemic ended what would have been yet another losing season. With that said, the current roster has 8 players who were consensus 4 or 5 star recruits coming out of high school coupled with two players (Brooks, Olaniyi) who were contributors in other conferences.

Injuries are part of the game but it's excuse after excuse and poor evaluation after poor evaluation, not to mention horrific roster construction, and I haven't even gotten to the coaching staff part. Recruits are barely old enough to remember the 2012 team that won the ACC. Fans weren't coming to games before and certainly won't be showing up in the winter once they can start trickling back into the arena if there isn't a major shakeup made.

What I think a lot of your are underestimating is that Blake didn't hire Coach L in the first place and is a ticket salesman at heart. It's impossible not to see that there is ZERO juice left in the program and this upcoming postseason presents an opportunity to inject life back in what is now a close to dormant program. He's undoubtedly feeling pressure for his total body of work so don't think he'll pass up an opportunity to make a potential splash.

This just might be the worst 3 point shooting team UM has ever put on the court. Bunch of bricklayers, game after game.

And, for those thinking we might be better without Lykes .... it is definitely not turning out that way!

Advertisement
Back