McShay on UM players..

Streeter should have stayed. would make a lot more bank in next years draft.

The others probably wouldn't have helped themselves that much, well maybe Vernon. Forston is another injury waiting to happen, unfortunately.

Advertisement
ya'll mofos are crazy as a **** house rat for doggin on Miller calling him soft. smfh

kid will be a high draft pick (2nd round at worst) and will have a good career.

lol. You must not have seen him completely disappear in the second half of last season. Kid spent more time in the ***king training room nursing injuries than playing for us in his three years here. He didnt come CLOSE to running as tough as a 210lb running back should run. Kid's soft.

And of course he has talent. No shi*. But will he stay HEALTHYenough to have a good career? Will he be TOUGH enough to have a good career? lol. Who knows.

Arm chair QBs calling a kid soft even though he averaged 20 carries per game over the last 6 games. This all despite playing with a shoulder that needed surgery after the season.

He also average 94/ypg over the last 6 games so I'd hardly say he disappeared.

hawaiicane is a uf fan who thinks white rb's don't get their fair shake.

Look some of these guys definitely could have benefitted from another season at UM and left too early. Fact is they're gone. Stop bashing canes just because you're mad they wont be playing for the U next year. ****es me off every year how some players who were slobbed on all season all of a sudden are "soft" and "weak" and going to be a bust when they leave for the NFL. Fake *** fans IMO. Lamar Miller is one of the best rbs to ever play at UM period. If healthy he will have a nice NFL career. Stop bashing guys because they are poor and need money to support their families. SMH I bet a bunch of these so called fans don't even have season tickets and never go to games. GTFOOH

lmao. I've been calling him soft for a million years now. Never slobbed on him, whatever that means. lol. Are you thinking of the word "slobbering"??

Kid is weak. Das a fact. Has nothing to do with him leaving early. ****, he was SMART to leave early because most likely he would have suffered another serious injury and gotten knocked out again before getting PAID $$$$. lol. All i'm doing is stating fact - kid is soft.

Bottom line is with the new NFL collective bargaining rules there's less incentive to stay another year in school. The days of 1st rounders making top dollar are over, so the sooner you start the clock on your second contract, the better off you'll be.

Streeter should have stayed. would make a lot more bank in next years draft.

The others probably wouldn't have helped themselves that much, well maybe Vernon. Forston is another injury waiting to happen, unfortunately.

B Wash would def made $$ by staying another year

Advertisement
still don't understand why half of em left. can't be for the $ since half are 4th round to UFA going into the NFL. maybe some didn't want to put in the work for AL and earn the black jerseys...

Miller - I would draft in 1st or 2nd. Injury prone or not, he has break away speed and will be a nightmare to prepare against as a D coordinator if he joins a team with an elite quarterback.
Spence - I would draft in 2nd. Undersized, but showed he could play great undersized starting from freshman year.
Streeter - I would draft in 3rd. Don't like his hands. Always bobbling the ball. Route running needs improvement. Great upside though.
Vernon - I would draft in 4th. As much as I don't like him off the field, he doesn't get pushed around and is an angry player on the field. He can make plays.
Forston - Not drafting. Injury prone. A lot of hype. If he came in as a two star, no one would be talking about him.
TB - 7th round. Why is he still so **** small. WTF.
Chase Ford - Not drafting. But I think the guy can play. I definitely think he can play in the NFL in the right system.
Brandon Washington - 3rd round. Put him at guard and he will have a long career.
Jacory - Not drafting, Future quarterback coach Miami Northwestern High School.
Laron Byrd - 7th round. Where was he last year? Who knows. But might have been F'd by Golden

Bottom line is with the new NFL collective bargaining rules there's less incentive to stay another year in school. The days of 1st rounders making top dollar are over, so the sooner you start the clock on your second contract, the better off you'll be.

This actually makes the biggest amount of sense. The rest of the discussion is a footnote.

ya'll mofos are crazy as a **** house rat for doggin on Miller calling him soft. smfh

kid will be a high draft pick (2nd round at worst) and will have a good career.

lol. You must not have seen him completely disappear in the second half of last season. Kid spent more time in the ***king training room nursing injuries than playing for us in his three years here. He didnt come CLOSE to running as tough as a 210lb running back should run. Kid's soft.

And of course he has talent. No shi*. But will he stay HEALTHYenough to have a good career? Will he be TOUGH enough to have a good career? lol. Who knows.

Arm chair QBs calling a kid soft even though he averaged 20 carries per game over the last 6 games. This all despite playing with a shoulder that needed surgery after the season.

He also average 94/ypg over the last 6 games so I'd hardly say he disappeared.

thank you. these mofos should be ASHAMED calling LM "soft". dude is the best back we've had in 10 years. smfh. kid redshirted his first year. pretty sure he played in every game after that. soft my ***. ****** retards

Advertisement
Soft as Charmin but he rushed for over 1000 yards with a shoulder that required surgery at the end of the season. that's alot more than I can say for you who proudly put his seat numbers in a thread on grassy only not to show up when you were to answer for some of the BS you talk behind that computer. Computer coward..... pretty sure you're familier with that term.

Wow I agree with Nites.

no doubt. Miller is a great RB and is pretty much the opposite of soft. kid has heart and ELITE physical talent. he will be a good to great PRO. book it

Soft as Charmin but he rushed for over 1000 yards with a shoulder that required surgery at the end of the season. that's alot more than I can say for you who proudly put his seat numbers in a thread on grassy only not to show up when you were to answer for some of the BS you talk behind that computer. Computer coward..... pretty sure you're familier with that term.

Wow I agree with Nites.

no doubt. Miller is a great RB and is pretty much the opposite of soft. kid has heart and ELITE physical talent. he will be a good to great PRO. book it

It's not that he's 'soft.' He's FRAGILE.

From the POV of the NFL, that's a big issue.

And, fragility aside, he's not a guy who breaks a lot of tackles at the second level. He's fast, but not necessarily a 'tough' runner. Doesn't mean he's soft, but it is what it is.

yeah, well he only played 2 years in CFB (after redshirting). he is still not a finished product. he will get much better in the NFL

this is a big part of it. also, its funny that these mofos on here are turning their nose up at "4th round money". the NFL league minimum is probably more than 350K a year right now.

how many of you are making that?

Advertisement
Seen it way too many times. Guys slack at the U under Coker/ Corch and turn into legit NFL players. I'd have concerns with just about all of them so I wouldn't go too high.
Miller would be great towards the end of the first to a contending team that needs a breakaway back for a couple years. Atlanta would be a nice landing spot for him since it's not too cold and they have a good young QB and 2 good WRs to take the pressure off the run game. He could share carries with Turner to keep them both from wearing down.
Spence should be a good NFL player in the right defense. He's smaller, so he'd have to find a spot in an attacking scheme that doesn't ask him to take on huge blockers.
Streeter has the physical tools, his concentration is questionable. He could be a great weapon for a team that already has a couple good WRs and a really good QB. Maybe New Orleans.
I wish them all well, but I'll still be disappointed when they find the "light switch" after the paychecks come

It is not just about Lamar's injury issue, which is definately an issue mind you. I feel that his yards came mostly from outrunning the defenders. He basically shot through a hole and accelerated past the defense. I can tell you that becomes much more difficult in the NFL. Think about just how many runningbacks broke off 50+ yard runs in the NFL last year. Not many. Most runningbacks in the NFL find their successes on tired 4th quarter defenses or in the passing game.

That said, I feel Miller can produce in the NFL if put in the right place, kinda like Bush did in New Orleans. But I don't see him as a NFL franchise type of player. He cannot carry a NFL team to success Emitt Smith/Frank Gore style. He doesn't have the instincts, hard nosed running capability, or elusiveness you would expect from a top flight runningback. So the question becomes what would I spend for a situational runningback?

Once again, he did fine in college because of his speed, but in the NFL he needs more than just speed to be an elite back.

Wow I agree with Nites.

And, fragility aside, he's not a guy who breaks a lot of tackles at the second level. He's fast, but not necessarily a 'tough' runner. Doesn't mean he's soft, but it is what it is.

fragile..soft? (((YAWN))) Ran for over 1200 yards while being fragile and soft. Sure buddy. Miller has a bad shoulder that's been bad since highschool. With that bad shoulder (that required suregry) he still ran for 1200+ yards. that's heart. Miller's a speed back so he's not a guy who's going to break alor of tackls at the second level. he'll run by you instead.

Big talk from guys who take 2-3 days off work for a paper cut.

Advertisement

Wow I agree with Nites.

fragile..soft? (((YAWN))) Ran for over 1200 yards while being fragile and soft. Sure buddy. Miller has a bad shoulder that's been bad since highschool. With that bad shoulder (that required suregry) he still ran for 1200+ yards. that's heart. Miller's a speed back so he's not a guy who's going to break alor of tackls at the second level. he'll run by you instead.

Big talk from guys who take 2-3 days off work for a paper cut.

Stop making excuses. Miller's weak, fragile, soft, whatever he is, he utterly underperformed in college spending half his time on the DL, both for your boy and for Golden. Total waste of talent for us. For his sake, he better toughen up in the NFL.

Sounds about right - fragile, which is why staying another year at the cfb level wasn't in his best interest. LM actually reminds me of Chris Johnson.

Wow I agree with Nites.

Stop making excuses. Miller's weak, fragile, soft, whatever he is, he utterly underperformed in college spending half his time on the DL, both for your boy and for Golden. Total waste of talent for us. For his sake, he better toughen up in the NFL.

hey **** face. get your **** straight. LM was rarely if ever on the "DL". lmao.

LM played in 23 games, netting nearly 2k yards rushing at 5.7 ypc with 15 TDs on 2 6 or 7 win teams:

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/miller_lamar00.html

he played in **** near every game from his RS FR year

miller also rushed for 1200 behind an average Oline... Like I said, dude wouldve had over 2000 yards if he rushed behind that Bama Oline...

Advertisement
Back