Mario vs Utah Round 2

Advertisement
"The Ducks had vowed to be much better against Utah than two weeks ago"

Jada Pinkett Smith Movie GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Mario was any other ethnicity and not from Miami, you guys wouldn’t want him. You need to see past this. He’s not a good coach. Lane train.

Advertisement
For the record...

This game is completely inconsequential to me, I just enjoy stirring it up a little bit lol

Here’s the reality, Mario’s a good coach & is a without doubt an upgrade over Manny, but there’s questions...

If you’re a staunch Mario supporter/believer the questions are valid, no sense in running from it, just stand in the paint & embrace it.

If the argument is that he’s going to recruit at such an elite level that it will overshadow & compensate for some the areas he’s not as proficient in, then you should lean into that, but ehre’s what you shouldn’t do (at least I wouldn’t recommend it), don’t deify Mario & present as a future championship coach, because otherwise you’re just setting yourself up with that one.

This is why a few weeks ago when someone made an expectations thread for next year I said in there, lower the expectations & allow yourselves to be surprised, don’t make the Mountain too high to climb & then get disappointed when it remains unclimbed...

The reason why you don’t see my defending the criticisms of Lane is because they’re all valid & I don’t think Lane would lead us to a title, I think at best we would have a really high octane offense that would put us in position to win most of our games, but even saying that I don’t think we’re a playoff team with Lane. The logic is, he takes what we have & makes a quick fix with a 2-3 season run where we can then parlay that into success on the trail & if he leaves makes us a more attractive program for the next coach. It’s a short term plan, but College football operates in 3 season cycles nowadays anyways because the game has evolved...

One of the concerns among the many with Mario is that if it doesn’t hit the ground running in the beginning it may take a little longer to get up & going in general... And that’s where the fast fix vs slow build debate comes into play.
The problem with Lane is background. There are some real issues there and it’s deeper than social media swag and philandering.

As a coach, him and Durkin are an awesome tandem.

Advertisement
Inherited. He’s signed a bunch of blue chip QBs but none of them seem to be good.

I’m glad he’s inheriting some talent here. HBK in ‘22 and then Aronson waiting in ‘24. Garcia sounds like he’s staying.

Who is HBK?

Advertisement
Back