MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question: For anyone that might be familiar, was Coach Brown a primary and 'closer' recruiter at UGA or did Richt elevate him more into that role at the U? Thanks I'll hang up and listen.

He was a long man out of the pen. Mop up duty with an occasional save opportunity.

Advertisement
Just heard some good news...

We can all relax, trust da GAWWWWWWWds

Don't blue ball the thread!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trust me mane.

Take a deep breath and know we good.

Pour yourself a nice stiff drink and light up a stogie.

This should be posted on the Maryland boards. Their fans are confident lol

what's going on here fellas?

Obviously he comin.

Trust me mane.

what's going on here fellas?

Trollin'

Advertisement
Cbf to read the whole thread. Has anything happened since this morning?

Walton has announcement some time this week around page 33-40 and Brown followed people on twitter once or twice. Bags. Dinner. Brown. Everyone shook.

Trust me mane.

Maryland fans shouldn't be confident in anything.....ever

Advertisement
We'd pick up a transfer. It's FINE.

Ridiculous. Yeah, there are a ton of transfer RBs out there with the talent of McFarland...whatever.

We have more QBs on the roster right now than RBs, and that is just crazy.
Did I say that a transfer would be as good as Mac? No. It would be a depth piece. But no no, you guys keep crying about McFarland who may still be coming. I'll go enjoy the rest of our class while this plays out. Crootin newbs, I swear.

"Crootin newbs". What a joke. I started at UM in 1986, I've been through this for decades. I've also seen plenty of times when coaches have put all their eggs in one recruiting basket and come up empty.

I simply took issue with your delusional, and capitalized "It's FINE." No, it's not "FINE". It would be a major loss at a key position, particularly when trying to work in a new QB. Only a year ago, we were facing the possible loss of Walton due to a criminal investigation. At least last year, we could turn to Yearby and Edwards.

This year, if Walton blows out a knee during practice, we would have to turn to Homer (has not yet played or proven anything), Burns (seemingly always injured) and Gray (seemingly always injured).

That situation does NOT become "FINE" with a grad-transfer RB, particularly when you look at who is on the market.

It doesn't matter if YOU say McFarland or a grad-transfer would be a "depth piece", if Walton goes down, that player might just be the next man up.

Football newbs. It's amazing how much they choose to ignore the injury factor.
McFarland is important because he's a difference maker, not because of depth. Depth at RB is good enough. You guys are all going with the "Homer has done nothing" rap. He's done more than McFarland. He's a guy with all kinds of tools.

And in a pinch you could coach Deejay up to play RB this year.

Chise, I'm not saying "Homer has done nothing" to discredit him. I'm just pointing out the truth. When Gus had done nothing, we thought he was going to be great, then he got into games, and he wasn't immediately great. He was a much better runner this year, it just took time for him to develop.

Also, when a running back hasn't taken meaningful reps for a while, it is easy to get banged up when he does start running hard again. So, yeah, projecting success and reliability and excellence in the first year of playing RB after a layoff of a year (and three of our possible guys, Gray, Burns, and McFarland would all be coming off of serious injuries), is a bit farther than I want to go in entrusting our running game if our ONE "known quantity", Walton, has to sit out for any reason.

Call it what you will, but having multiple options among 4 running backs who have nearly 0 college carries is simply an insurance policy, where you can turn to another guy if one of them isn't getting the job done. We have one great running back and four who have great potential, but have not yet demonstrated what they can do.

I know we will do whatever it takes to put someone behind the QB, even if it's Deejay Dallas, but you can't ignore the fact that having multiple options is important, in addition to, and separate from, the fact that McFarland is a great player and a difference-maker on his own.

lol....Quote from the Maryland board.........

"i'm not one for using punctuation or correct grammar on the few posts that i make on these message boards, but jesus christ i just tried to read the Miami board related to McFarland and am legitimately dumber rn "

"i'm not one for using punctuation or correct grammar on the few posts that i make on these message boards, but jesus christ i just tried to read the Miami board related to McFarland and am legitimately dumber rn "

They dont get the show

Advertisement
The RB position is one of the easier positions to transition to as a freshman. To not see Homer play there this year makes me think he's not all that he's cracked up to be.

You know you feel the same way here half the time.

Advertisement
The RB position is one of the easier positions to transition to as a freshman. To not see Homer play there this year makes me think he's not all that he's cracked up to be.

Totally agree. The fact that he had three established, returning players ahead of him had nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back