Loftus

Why are you so down on Milo?

It's not that I'm down on Milo. The kid never had a chance if we're being honest.

Why didn't he stand a chance?

For starters, he's from California. You don't go to CA to find OL if you're Miami. See Robert Bergman as an example.

Secondably, the kid is apparently a weakling. Again, not his fault. Bad genes I guess.

We're doing this again?

He made me do it.

Advertisement
rok's Hit List is irrefragable. The man is money. Who's next, [MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION] ?

Nobody uses "irrefragable," here. Nobody. I know what it means. I read it once in an opinion from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. It should not be allowed here.

You hush your mouth.

I've improved my vocabulary reading Chise's posts over the years.

Maybe Telfort gets the call and offer now

Definite upgrade...just needs a year of RS and S&C. He will be a good powerful guard. He is already 6-7/300 amd Nike numbers were better that the guys who are being released and those who need to be. Also level of competition he played against is far superior.

Advertisement
It's not that I'm down on Milo. The kid never had a chance if we're being honest.

Why didn't he stand a chance?

For starters, he's from California. You don't go to CA to find OL if you're Miami. See Robert Bergman as an example.

Secondably, the kid is apparently a weakling. Again, not his fault. Bad genes I guess.

We're doing this again?

He made me do it.

Milo?

We have 6 new OL in this class already in Donaldson, Dykstra, Hillery, Gaynor plus Slaton & Herbert (pending). With Isadora, Gall, Knighton and now Loftus leaving, that makes 4 exiting and 6 entering. So I doubt the coaches add Telfort even if Mahoney, Jones or some other OL on roster also depart. They could have recruited him all this time and haven't.

You don't go to California to find olineman? Gtfoh with dumb statements like that.... Jonah Williams day 1 starting true freshman right tackle at bama is from California...

Advertisement
don't understand the Milo hate at all. Dude was highly rated by all recruiting services and, more importantly, had a decent offer list just two years ago. He has great length too. O-Line is notoriously the hardest position to transition from HS to college so I'm not down on him just because he hasn't gotten PT yet as a f*ckin redshirt freshman. Let Searels coach him up and figure out whether he fits better as RT or as a guard. After next season we will be losing a bunch of experience on the OL.

I have no stats the back this up but here's a thought: part of the slow transition might be because he is a west coast OL guy playing in the ACC which is predominently made up of east coast players. The style of play is completely different and takes time to get used to. Had Milo gone to Washington or ASU maybe he'd be challenging for more PT earlier. I'd be interested to see how other west coast OL have fared early in their careers playing in ACC or SEC vs staying in PAC12.

You don't go to California to find olineman? Gtfoh with dumb statements like that.... Jonah Williams day 1 starting true freshman right tackle at bama is from California...

Haha should have read this before my question about west coast OL playing early for east coast teams. Obviously 1 guy is a small sample size but I'd be interested to see if there's a trend toward these west coast OL needing more development if they leave the pac12. I'm not questioning the talent or potential of west coast OL at all, just wondering if it takes more time to adapt when they leave the west coast programs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back