LaSalle Game!

Advertisement
LaSalle (3-1) only lost to #20 Northwestern by 8 today, 82-74. Down by 22 at the half, they outscored the Wildcats 50-36 in the second half. Good test if this UM team has come together yet.

Doesn't look like this game is being televised. Only listing is radio on WINZ 940.

LaSalle (3-1) only lost to #20 Northwestern by 8 today, 82-74. Down by 22 at the half, they outscored the Wildcats 50-36 in the second half. Good test if this UM team has come together yet.

They also lost to BC today by 20+ points. La Salle isn’t a good team.

Advertisement
Fair point. LaSalle was picked 5th in the 14 team A-10. So, good things were expected. And, it's the first Canes game on the road. Be interesting to see if the crowd roots for their hometown guy's team or the "local" Philly team.

Fair point. LaSalle was picked 5th in the 14 team A-10. So, good things were expected. And, it's the first Canes game on the road. Be interesting to see if the crowd roots for their hometown guy's team or the "local" Philly team.

Last year they had 3 teams in the NCAAT.

Homecoming for IV. Making his grandparents proud. Props to LaSalle for playing this game "on the road" so near Thanksgiving Day.

LaSalle went 15-15 (9-9) last year; sporting a 130ish RPI this year after their blowout loss on Sunday.

They do have a decent scoring tandem of Cuse transfer and A10 player of the year candidate SR SF BJ Johnson (22 ppg) who can hit the 3 pt shot and JR G Pookie Powell (14 ppg).

Contain Johnson, especially on the glass (did I mention he also leads the team in rebounding?) and this game won't be close.

giphy.webp

We roll.

Very true. And, I think the thought is that the A-10 is down this year (compared to last season). We'll face GW in DC (Lykes's homecoming), another A-10 team, a week before Christmas. The Colonials were picked to finish #11 in the league. Plan to go to that one as it's not far from me.

Advertisement

Last year the 5th place team in the A-10 was St. Bonaventure at 20-12, 11-7. They didn't make the postseason. Two years ago, the 5th place A-10 team was GW who won the NIT.

Last year the 5th place team in the A-10 was St. Bonaventure at 20-12, 11-7. They didn't make the postseason. Two years ago, the 5th place A-10 team was GW who won the NIT.

Advertisement

Very true. And, I think the thought is that the A-10 is down this year (compared to last season). We'll face GW in DC (Lykes's homecoming), another A-10 team, a week before Christmas. The Colonials were picked to finish #11 in the league. Plan to go to that one as it's not far from me.

I will be at that game too.

But, how many teams made the NCAAT?

Advertisement
Doesn't look like this game is being televised. Only listing is radio on WINZ 940.

It'll be on watchespn

It's not listed on the Watch ESPN schedule...

No it's not. I checked the other day also and there was nothing. Hmmm...

Interesting. On our ESPN team page it has the symbol that indicates it will be on watchespn so not sure. The little TV icon in the bottom right corner means watchespn.

lasalle.webp

Miami Hurricanes College Basketball - Miami News, Scores, Stats, Rumors & More - ESPN

Edit: I just chatted with ESPN support and they said it's possible that it's just not listed on the watchespn schedule yet, and to check again tomorrow.

Last edited:

It'll be on watchespn

It's not listed on the Watch ESPN schedule...

No it's not. I checked the other day also and there was nothing. Hmmm...

Interesting. On our ESPN team page it has the symbol that indicates it will be on watchespn so not sure. The little TV icon in the bottom right corner means watchespn.

View attachment 54599

Miami Hurricanes College Basketball - Miami News, Scores, Stats, Rumors & More - ESPN

Edit: I just chatted with ESPN support and they said it's possible that it's just not listed on the watchespn schedule yet, and to check again tomorrow.

The team page now says 'ACC Network Extra'...but the Watch ESPN schedule does not have it listed yet.

Advertisement
Back