Larry Nixon III LB from North Texas hits the Portal and becomes a tiger

we’re certainly not appearing to have the week that was expected coming off the barrage of visits. This isn’t the first time it’s happened either. Guess things change, or the staff was over-confident.

This isn’t me complaining about the overall picture; it’s just getting hopes up in the moment and then not living up to it is all too common with this program. I guess I’m used to it lol; but it’s certainly not for a lack of effort recruiting wise.

Feeling doubtful on Rose, just really want Kirk and Campbell at this point.
It's why this staff needs to stay off of social

Advertisement
we’re certainly not appearing to have the week that was expected coming off the barrage of visits. This isn’t the first time it’s happened either. Guess things change, or the staff was over-confident.

This isn’t me complaining about the overall picture; it’s just getting hopes up in the moment and then not living up to it is all too common with this program. I guess I’m used to it lol; but it’s certainly not for a lack of effort recruiting wise.

Feeling doubtful on Rose, just really want Kirk and Campbell at this point.
That’s all I want at this point...

Land Sam, Campbell & a WR & let’s start the march forward to Fall Camp.

Would’ve been nice to get another LB, but D-Nichs gonna have to show what he’s made of & coach up some of young LB’s. Harold Perkins came in as a TF at LSU is already a top 5 LB in the Nation. Jaishawn Barham & Abdul Carter also had a really good season as TF’s.

We signed 5 LB’s in the 23 class, one of them has to know how to run, diagnose, tackle & shoot gaps.

Would’ve been nice to get another LB, but D-Nichs gonna have to show what he’s made of & coach up some of young LB’s. Harold Perkins came in as a TF at LSU is already a top 5 LB in the Nation. Jaishawn Barham & Abdul Carter also had a really good season as TF’s.

We signed 5 LB’s in the 23 class, one of them has to know how to run, diagnose, tackle & shoot gaps.
Popo is the one

Advertisement
He did, but its from the AUB site and I get a feeling they were being selective and spinny, but feels like they lead. Key parts:

The graduate transfer with one year of eligibility left visited Miami last weekend, Auburn on Thursday and Friday and is set to visit West Virginia on Sunday and Monday.

"Then after that make my decision by Tuesday," Nixon III said.

Auburn is going to be tough to beat. "Right now, it’s up there right now," Nixon III said with a smile. "Being in Auburn, it’s crazy. You can’t beat that stadium, being in the SEC."

Did his Auburn visit beat Miami? "Yeah just as in like the campus and the stadium-wise," Nixon III said.

Auburn's whole staff stuck out in a big way to the transfer linebacker.

"It went really well today," Nixon III said. "Good, great visit. Atmosphere here is great. Love the stadium especially. Love the coaches here, Hugh (Freeze) did a great job getting everybody here. Excited to see where everything goes.

Soooooooo, r u telling me that having a stadium that doesn’t have F1 racing, tennis, & throw SBs is actually something that would interest a recruit? Interesting.

Perkins was a BEAST. I could not believe my eyes on some of the plays he made. True freshman lbs aren’t supposed to do what I saw him do.

He’s 6’2 235...
1683930937405.jpeg

Ok well one of them is off apparently.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have a chance here? He said he would announce by Tuesday. Think he was visiting WVU this weekend but have not heard anything since the Auburn visit and CB.

Advertisement
Popo is the one

I wish we could have avoided this. Not the end of the world, but most likely a liability. Both Popo and Bryant are well developed for true freshmen, and Bobby had the benefit of Soring camp. Suboptimal, especially since the other two could come in over the winter. But it is what it is.

As a comparison, the 2016 freshmen trio coming in as starters didn’t really lose any games and performed better than Flagg, Jennings, Steed these past 2 years, But they certainly weren’t a strength and their most glaring mistakes were covered up by NFL safeties. Puts more pressure on the backfield for sure.

I wish we could have avoided this. Not the end of the world, but most likely a liability. Both Popo and Bryant are well developed for true freshmen, and Bobby had the benefit of Soring camp. Suboptimal, especially since the other two could come in over the winter. But it is what it is.

As a comparison, the 2016 freshmen trio coming in as starters didn’t really lose any games and performed better than Flagg, Jennings, Steed these past 2 years, But they certainly weren’t a strength and their most glaring mistakes were covered up by NFL safeties. Puts more pressure on the backfield for sure.
I just need him to come in and take reps from flagg and K4. I think he can honestly he’s our future at mlb I hope he comes in ready to help out and that chase smith comes back healthy as well.

Advertisement
Back