Jump to #7 in the AP poll, #9 in the Coaches poll

All we have to do is take care of biz. Same rhetoric was said about UW last season, & they took care of business. We can’t control our schedule, but we can control our wins. As these SEC teams & B1G teams start beating up on each other, we’ll automatically move up regardless of how the voters feel about our schedule.

We’re going to be just fine, my brotha. Keep beating the **** outta these bums, & be in the CFP easy.
Yeah I’m not gonna tell anyone how to feel about this but I’m not scoreboard watching in week 4

Advertisement
rankings DO matter, maybe not to where we want to end up at the end of the season, but teams ranked in the top 10 get talked about significantly more than those ranked in the top 25 in the media - leading to brand awareness and perception

that jumps up another tier in the top 5

all could come crashing down, but the higher ranked we are the more we'll get talked about which will impact recruiting, attendance at games, and public perception

I think it probably helps Cam Ward the most with his Heisman race. If we are top 5, it will be a good boost.

Just keep winning baby. The rest will take care of itself. Early rankings don’t mean chit if the season win totals don’t fit.

Just go 1-0 every week, & we’ll be just fine.
1727028055394.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
They are hyping up a logo and not a performance in Alabama. I am not unconvinced of their #4 spot from the games I've seen.

Georgia struggles @Kentucky for three quarters--lost a spot.
Alabama struggles with USF @home until 5 minutes left in the game--stays at #4.

Are they grading everyone the same? Doesn't seem that way. Tennessee and Miami are the next teams down the list that look better than Alabama in their first three games.
I hate to give any credit to Bama but if you watched their game against USF it was just like our first half. They were clearly a far superior team and just kept doing dumb **** to help USF stay in it. Eventually USF's luck ran out and they got blitzed in a 5 minute span. That is why I felt we would destroy USF. I'm not saying we aren't a better team than Bama, just calling a spade a spade. I didn't feel strongly they should drop or that they were a fraud after watching their game with USF. Bama smoked Wisky in Madison a week later and that is why they haven't been dropped. Wisky aint much this season but they are still considered an upper echelon B1G program.

Advertisement
That's fair enough.
Ole Miss hasn't played anyone with a pulse. We will see what they got going up against a Kentucky team that has the physicality to interrupt their rhythm on offense. Kentucky playing UGA close is the only reason they might stay ahead of us if they sputter a bit.

I could still see us jumping them if they look human against the Wildcats and we steam roll VT.

A decisive win for either Bama or UGA will also likely drop one of them behind us. Best case scenario is Bama smokes UGA and Kentucky keeps it close with Ole Miss. I don't think the voters will punish taint for an ugly win on the road for now so the idea we could jump them if they win their game isn't realistic.

While it doesn't really matter, if we handle our business against VT and the above scenario plays out, I'll expect us to be #5 next Sunday

I hate to give any credit to Bama but if you watched their game against USF it was just like our first half. They were clearly a far superior team and just kept doing dumb **** to help USF stay in it. Eventually USF's luck ran out and they got blitzed in a 5 minute span. That is why I felt we would destroy USF. I'm not saying we aren't a better team than Bama, just calling a spade a spade. I didn't feel strongly they should drop or that they were a fraud after watching their game with USF. Bama smoked Wisky in Madison a week later and that is why they haven't been dropped. Wisky aint much this season but they are still considered an upper echelon B1G program.
Except Bama had them at home and USF was still in that game until the last five minutes of the 4th quarter. We had their fans leaving starting in the beginning of the 2nd half. Our games were not even close.

Except Bama had them at home and USF was still in that game until the last five minutes of the 4th quarter. We had their fans leaving starting in the beginning of the 2nd half. Our games were not even close.
see my post above. USF wasn't beating Bama. Bama was beating themselves for 3 quarters. That argument you just made is also the reason we want Bama to smoke UGA. Only people who didn't watch that USF Bama game and jus scoreboard watched or read articles from other scoreboard watchers think it was that close of a contest.

see my post above. USF wasn't beating Bama. Bama was beating themselves for 3 quarters
Eh, I just don’t ever buy the argument that a team is ONLY beating themselves when, for example, they have a lot of turnovers. Some credit should be given to the defense for getting them off their game, causing / recovering the turnovers, taking advantage of opportunities, reading the offense, making appropriate adjustments, etc. That’s the argument that everyone is making in that game, but I don’t think you say Bama didn’t play well without simultaneously giving any credit to USF.

Advertisement
Back