July 2023 Recruiting BBQ Thread

Is it just me or does this seem to be an event mostly focused towards the 2024 class?

Not sure if that’s on purpose (seems like it is) or just happened to play out that way with some key 23’ guys deciding to go elsewhere for the weekend.

Advertisement
I am bored as **** and I keep opening up 10-20 page threads thinking I will see something worth reading.....

Usually it is actually entertaining, but its all the same.

I wasnt worried a month ago but now I’m nervous here. At least near term, long way to signing day. But this has been weird for a while.
my personal feeling is to say "good luck to you". There's a few of these So Fla guys () Jean, Hykeem and Bain) who continue to blow off any event at Miami. I get the whole sentiment about taking your visits, etc. But that doesn't preclude attendance at SOMETHING , especially if you truly have an interest in the home school. And when they take multiple visits to FSU and UF, given the state they are in, and NOT visit the home school, I say goodbye and good luck. I don't believe it's about anything more than they aren't interested.

Advertisement
my personal feeling is to say "good luck to you". There's a few of these So Fla guys () Jean, Hykeem and Bain) who continue to blow off any event at Miami. I get the whole sentiment about taking your visits, etc. But that doesn't preclude attendance at SOMETHING , especially if you truly have an interest in the home school. And when they take multiple visits to FSU and UF, given the state they are in, and NOT visit the home school, I say goodbye and good luck. I don't believe it's about anything more than they aren't interested.
Maybe the coaching staff is getting all these kids on campus and is just asking them to keep quiet and keep it off of twitter.

Jean and Bain have been on the UM campus a TON, though. I get your point, though. But you kind of want them to act committed when they are still out there playing the game.

Screenshot 2022-07-26 at 9.34.30 AM.png

Advertisement
Jean and Bain have been on the UM campus a TON, though. I get your point, though. But you kind of want them to act committed when they are still out there playing the game.
when was the last time any of them attended an actual event? Not counting the "just drop in for an hour on a Wednesday" visit?
and no, I don't think that attending a bbq or pool party etc is "acting committed"

It’s my view that Mario and staff are, to some extent, already cherry picking who they want. If a certain recruit doesn’t fit the profile, they now have the ability to let that recruit find somewhere else to go.

There are some that can’t understand the simple concept that “We won’t get them all.” BUT, with Mario and this staff, we’ll now get more than our fair share.

Advertisement
Agree, Hoya and it’s okay. We won’t get stood up anymore. Can’t when you move to other, potentially better targets.

Stanquan Clark heading up to Louisville this weekend. Gaby mentioned the staff was really trying to get him on campus for their BBQ...
Interesting.

I’m far from plugged in but I really feel like other teams are maybe overpaying to get kids on their campus to try to slow down our momentum. Dropping those usual visit bags but these are heavy enough that make kids not to want to pass up on them

Advertisement
That's the actions of programs who know they're outgunned
Sad to say it worked with Mims. FSU torpedoed not only their chances but our chances by getting him on campus first. Better that no one gets the recruit rather than they end up at Miami. Truly the mindset of a bitter, jealous and frustrated hasbeen who fears (actually knows) they'll never attain the glory days again (or at a minimum not for many years). And nothing could describe the sorry state of the Gates and Noles programs better than this. Pitiful fans cheering on programs which are empty shells of their former selves.

The sadest thing about it, they don't even realize their torpedoing their own chances with visits.

Bain wants to see success. All of them do. Either way, their recruitment will take the season to determine where they stand.

when was the last time any of them attended an actual event? Not counting the "just drop in for an hour on a Wednesday" visit?
and no, I don't think that attending a bbq or pool party etc is "acting committed"

I honesty can tell you will all confidence that I am way too lazy to do the research and answer your question appropriately.

Advertisement
Back