Josh Pate On Miami

FSU hit everything perfect last year. A lot of **** went their way before Jordan Travis got hurt. They don't have the QB or the weapons to recreate their success last year.

And there's so much ******* hype about Marvin Jones Jr. Has hasn't done **** so far in college and people are claiming him and Peyton to be the best DE duo in the ACC. FOH.

It's very very very ******* rare for a QB to find another level at his 3rd P4/P5 school. At this point, we know who DJU is and he's dog****

Advertisement
FSU hit everything perfect last year. A lot of **** went their way before Jordan Travis got hurt. They don't have the QB or the weapons to recreate their success last year.

And there's so much ******* hype about Marvin Jones Jr. Has hasn't done **** so far in college and people are claiming him and Peyton to be the best DE duo in the ACC. FOH.

It's very very very ******* rare for a QB to find another level at his 3rd P4/P5 school. At this point, we know who DJU is and he's dog****
Watched almost all their games last year, refs saved them against BC (bogus call in my opinion), fluke play sent them to OT against Clemson, beat us by only 7 at HOME versus a true freshman Emory making his first ever road start, they were an extremely lucky team last year.

I think I only caught one random Oregon State game last year so I am only going off stats which I know do not tell the entire argument but even I was shocked to see that DJU only threw for more than 250 yards TWICE all season and never once eclipsed 290 yards and failed to reach 200 yards 3 times (albeit one was against UC davis so assume he would have so call it twice against legit opponents)

He had a 21/7 split for TD/INT

I know a lot harp on the dual threat he brings but he ran for more than 20 yards only twice and never for more than 60.

Those do not scream good #s to me, pretty rare to find a college QB that is touted as being good that failed to throw for 300 + yards all season.

I think I only caught one random Oregon State game last year so I am only going off stats which I know do not tell the entire argument but even I was shocked to see that DJU only threw for more than 250 yards TWICE all season and never once eclipsed 290 yards and failed to reach 200 yards 3 times (albeit one was against UC davis so assume he would have so call it twice against legit opponents)

I know a lot harp on the dual threat he brings but he ran for more than 20 yards only twice and never for more than 60.

Those do not scream good #s to me, pretty rare to find a college QB that is touted as being good that failed to throw for 300 + yards all season.
FSU folks are saying that he's less accurate than Jordan Travis, which he wasn't very accurate either, so they're already voicing concerns. There's also been 0 talk about a breakout WR for them.

FSU likely wins 9 because the ACC is trash but they don’t have a QB who can make consistent plays like Travis did nor do they have a RB who can get you the extra yard like Benson did. Couple that with a downgrade in the DL and leadership at LB and that’s why we beat their *** this year

Advertisement
FSU folks are saying that he's less accurate than Jordan Travis, which he wasn't very accurate either, so they're already voicing concerns. There's also been 0 talk about a breakout WR for them.
Unless they really think Norvell is that dude when it comes to QBs I admit I did not think really anything when Travis transferred to FSU, and thought even less when Jade de-cleated him and he was crawling the opposite direction of the huddle.... BUT he did turn into a **** good college QB and a gamer. Maybe that was Norvell, maybe it was luck but by comparison:

Travis threw for more than 250 yards in 7/10 games he played, eclipsed 300 yards 3 times, had a 20/2 TD/INT ration and ran for more than 20 yards 6 times. Aside from weight I am unsure one thing DJU is ranked higher than Travis at?

DJU has thrown for 300 yards or more once in the past 2 years

TrumpyCane doesn’t think that’s good

Advertisement
Unless they really think Norvell is that dude when it comes to QBs I admit I did not think really anything when Travis transferred to FSU, and thought even less when Jade de-cleated him and he was crawling the opposite direction of the huddle.... BUT he did turn into a **** good college QB and a gamer. Maybe that was Norvell, maybe it was luck but by comparison:

Travis threw for more than 250 yards in 7/10 games he played, eclipsed 300 yards 3 times, had a 20/2 TD/INT ration and ran for more than 20 yards 6 times. Aside from weight I am unsure one thing DJU is ranked higher than Travis at?
Absolutely nothing he does is better than Jordan Travis and now he doesn't have the same weapons Jordan Travis did. I don't get the hype. I truly don't.

DJU has thrown for 300 yards or more once in the past 2 years

TrumpyCane doesn’t think that’s good

I didnt go back further but just did and you can actually make that once in three years....

THe one time? he went 26/41 and it was a DOUBLE OT game against Wake for 371 on 41 attempts.

He also went 8/29 for 99 yards and a TD against SC, a 31-30 loss, out of the 99 yards, he hit a 60 yard td bomb so but for that pass he would have been 7/28 for 39 yards lol

He also went three straight games (Syr, ND and Lou) without reaching 200 yards and aside from the one double OT game NEVER went over 250. He lives in that 190-240 range. He did have much much better rushing stats in 2022.**** near averaged an extra 50 on the ground and put up a 89, 69,73, 62 rushing performances.

in 2021 he did not eclipse 300 yards once and again failed to hit 250. and in NINE games he failed to hit 200 yards. I almost thought this was his year he was splitting reps but the attempts dont align with that theory.... 37 attempts for 178 yards; 24 for 171; 25 for 126; 26 for 111, 34 for 181, 44 for 240 so he was throwing it....

2020 the covid year was when he made his name looking back. He was clearly in mop up duty to start the year then went against BC 30/41 for 342 yards and 2 tds no INT and followed it up the next week with a 29/44 for 439 and 2 tds no int against ND.

Advertisement
Watched almost all their games last year, refs saved them against BC (bogus call in my opinion), fluke play sent them to OT against Clemson, beat us by only 7 at HOME versus a true freshman Emory making his first ever road start, they were an extremely lucky team last year.
Don't forget the safety that wasn't a safety (**** the ACC refs) that completely changed momentum. They call that play right, the good guys win.

Advertisement

Travis played 3.5 more seasons worth of games after the beat down we gave them in 2020. Is some of his improvement coaching ? Sure, Norvell gets some credit but with such an insanely elongated tenure in CFB that skews things a lot. Let's see what Norvell can do with a mid 1 year rental vs someone he has for a full presidential term.

They are gonna rely heavily on their experienced oline, norvell best attribute as a oc/playcaller is his run game imo so they are gonna limit responsibilities for dju just like oregon st did.

I think they will be a ok team but I don’t see the same level as last year because travis was a game changer with elite weapons and their defense was elite but alot of those guys went to the league and didn’t get replaced with the same level of players imo

I think we should win that game pretty clearly, guidry should put dju in a blender

They are gonna rely heavily on their experienced oline, norvell best attribute as a oc/playcaller is his run game imo so they are gonna limit responsibilities for dju just like oregon st did.

I think they will be a ok team but I don’t see the same level as last year because travis was a game changer with elite weapons and their defense was elite but alot of those guys went to the league and didn’t get replaced with the same level of players imo

I think we should win that game pretty clearly, guidry should put dju in a blender

This.
Run heavy with a veteran OL group that can run block, stay ahead of the chains, use DJU on short conversion situations and PA shots to their speed weapons in Benson/Douglas/Brown. That’s it. It will be boring and not as explosive as last 2 years but it will be extremely efficient because Norvell can run an O and they will be well coached.

If they get down and have to pass to dig themselves out of holes, they will be fvcked. DJU aint that type of guy.

Advertisement
Back