John Ruiz on Paul Finebaum show today

I didnt know Ruiz was on Finebaums show. And I am not surprised he nailed the interview.

The guy is a successful lawyer specialized in class-action with plans to be a billionaire. He was on television several times. None of this was a big deal to him and none of this made him even drop a drop of sweat.

I'd have been more surprised and concerned if he didn't nail it. Miami is one step ahead of the pack and about three ahead of the NCAA. I have no concerns here.

Advertisement
I’d say the only way the NCAA would be able to go after Miami would be to retroactively enforce rules that haven’t been made yet. It seems like they’re taking steps to set some kind of parameters regarding NIL. If they do, fine but don’t come back after the fact saying “well you broke the rules we hadn’t made yet”. That would be like forcing a program to forfeit wins because some guy would have been called for targeting in the 80’s before the rule had been invented.

Last edited:
It’s almost like he’s an attorney who has had to do this type of stuff for his whole career.
I don't know if you've ever watched Prime Minister's Questions (every Wednesday at 12noon GMT), but Sir Keir Starmer (Labour Party Leader) does this to Boris Johnson (sadly the Prime Minister - Tory party leader)

He's an ex-Barrister, among other things - and absolutely obliterates Boris one-on-one. Again it's almost like he's been doing this type of stuff his whole career...

I don't know if you've ever watched Prime Minister's Questions (every Wednesday at 12noon GMT), but Sir Keir Starmer (Labour Party Leader) does this to Boris Johnson (sadly the Prime Minister - Tory party leader)

He's an ex-Barrister, among other things - and absolutely obliterates Boris one-on-one. Again it's almost like he's been doing this type of stuff his whole career...
I miss John Bercow.

I came away from the interview wondering what on earth Finebaum expected he would get from it. It was a 15 minute ad for Ruiz, LW, and to some extent Miami. I don't think the questions FB asked were illuminating or interesting, I don't think anything Ruiz said would be close to incriminating. In fact he seemed reasonable and informed, made the case for enforcement and regulations, and acknowledged the amateur state of play right now.

I don't know what FB was hoping to accomplish, other than getting a hot name on the show. It was wholly beneficial to Ruiz.
Finebum seemed a bit hesitant and unsure of himself. I loved every second of it! And I totally agree it was a free 15 minute ad for Ruiz and he took full advantage of it.

Advertisement
Finedumb not only gave him a platform to inconspicuously attack the SEC and their “collectives” but he also gave Life Wallet a free 16 minute commercial with its ad prominently displayed behind Mr Ruiz
hey arnold nicksplat GIF

You’ve been dry snitching on him for weeks.

You literally have dozens of posts where you constantly bltch about him. So why don’t you go fūck yourself, especially since you’re basically just a nobody tax accountant, who apparently is envious of a lawyer that’s actually been successful in their lives.

If you want to go personal, this is how it goes with me. I didn’t attack you personally, I just disagreed with your post. But apparently, you can’t be disagreed with, or else you'll torture us with 10,000 word screeds.

You do realize nobody reads that meaningless shlt don’t you?

Next time don’t respond like a little bltch and make it personal.
You Cant Fight In Here Dr Strangelove GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Advertisement
I feel like the only people Ruiz convinced in this interview were Canes fans. Everyone still views him and LifeWallet as Pay For Play. They (including Finebaum) will still favor collectives because they think it’s a bunch of church grandmas with jars of coins.

Looking at this from a purely analytical lens, it sure looks like this is going to lead to a corporate takeover of college athletics. How long before we see the Google Buckeyes or the Blackrock Fighting Irish? Im thinking within 5 years.
The interview after the game will start to sound like a Nascar interview.

I couldn't be more proud of the Adidias-LifeWallet Miami Hurricanes.

Advertisement
I came away from the interview wondering what on earth Finebaum expected he would get from it. It was a 15 minute ad for Ruiz, LW, and to some extent Miami. I don't think the questions FB asked were illuminating or interesting, I don't think anything Ruiz said would be close to incriminating. In fact he seemed reasonable and informed, made the case for enforcement and regulations, and acknowledged the amateur state of play right now.

I don't know what FB was hoping to accomplish, other than getting a hot name on the show. It was wholly beneficial to Ruiz.
I think penishead and the rest just assume Ruiz is doing something shady. They don’t understand the rules, they just see us killing it right now and assume the only way that happens is if we’re cheating. I imagine what he thought he’d get was a “gotcha” moment where Ruiz would incriminate himself.

We can’t lose unless they cheat. We are losing, so they must be cheating. Repeat.

I feel like the only people Ruiz convinced in this interview were Canes fans. Everyone still views him and LifeWallet as Pay For Play. They (including Finebaum) will still favor collectives because they think it’s a bunch of church grandmas with jars of coins.
Let’s not pretend they think that way from a legal or rational perspective. They feel that way out of necessity and because that is what is familiar to them (eg, bags under the table).

I never really listened to Paul before, but he is a terrible speaker. Is this new with his age? Dude is mumbling and switching topics in the middle of the sentence nonstop.
It sounds like he is barred out on xanax or opiates or heavily intoxicated or something. I have never listened to him before but the clips I've seen over the years showed his ugly mug but with a lot more life and energy in it.

Advertisement
Let’s not pretend they think that way from a legal or rational perspective. They feel that way out of necessity and because that is what is familiar to them (eg, bags under the table).
I’m not saying they are right, but the counter argument is the same. “Let’s not pretend LifeWallet is not PaytoPlay.” In the end, I could see them going after LifeWallet because they don’t want ExxonMobile paying players. The church ladies with the coin jars? “You just spend what you want on your grandson ma’am.”

I’m not saying they are right, but the counter argument is the same. “Let’s not pretend LifeWallet is not PaytoPlay.” In the end, I could see them going after LifeWallet because they don’t want ExxonMobile paying players. The church ladies with the coin jars? “You just spend what you want on your grandson ma’am.”
listened to a podcast and stew mandel thinks the NCAA will target john ruiz first. bruce feldman put his money on them targeting tennessee. i’m interested to see which one they go after collective or business.

Advertisement
Back