JARREN WILLIAMS IS THE STARTER

Advertisement
I'm comforted by this move and the decision to play the two freshmen tackles.

Let them cut their teeth and take your lumps now.

Too many times in the past we have played the "experienced but untalented" guy over the "talented but inexperienced guy" because of fear.

The results are usually not much better than if you set the youngins loose and you lose out on the potential upside that they actually step up and play to their talent.
This is what really ticked me off last year. Losing six games while playing your young quarterback who will be around after gaining experience I can live with. Losing six games with a limited 5th year senior who isn't going to be around next year I couldn't live with.

You realize the last 2 number one draft picks in the NFL were quarterbacks who transferred, right?
They transferred once. Tate's transferred once, didn't win the job. If he transfers again, not a good look. Of course, unless he starts and becomes a 1st rounder.

Advertisement
Are there still plans for a third scrimmage? Would love for Jarren to get all the reps with the ones for the first time

Finally . . . one of these days we're going to finally get some Jarren actual game hightlights . . .
Tate, who most cis posters wanted as starter, has not been able to start at osu or at the U. It appears due to various factors he may not have the qb tools to start at a top power 5 program. Those that think he should switch to wr are comparing him to Edelman. Stats comparing the 2 can lie. Does he have the intelligence, heart, and desire to change positions and excel at it?

Good question(s) . . . He's probably wondering what gets him to the NFL at this point . . .

Advertisement
I know you have been vocal that you thought Jarren was the right pick for a while, but it seemed like you expected the coaches to choose one of the other two. Were you surprised by the decision? Please disregard if you don't want to get into all of that. In either case, here's to hoping this choice helps your nephew and the rest of the WR room put up the numbers they should.
From a play & potential perspective this is a simple decision in my eyes(for whatever that's worth) however theres intangibles that had to be considered. That's all I'm gonna say about this brother. I really just hope our fan base gets behind not only jarren but tate & kosi too. This whole one won the job so clearly the other two are no good or should be treated like **** by our own fans is pathetic and it makes me wish there was no social media. It's insane that people are talking **** to tate on social media right now. Stupid as fvck and ****es me off.

From a play & potential perspective this is a simple decision in my eyes(for whatever that's worth) however theres intangibles that had to be considered. That's all I'm gonna say about this brother. I really just hope our fan base gets behind not only jarren but tate & kosi too. This whole one won the job so clearly the other two are no good or should be treated like **** by our own fans is pathetic and it makes me wish there was no social media. It's insane that people are talking **** to tate on social media right now. Stupid as fvck and ****es me off.

I appreciate the response, and agree across the board. All three of these guys have put in more blood and sweat for that U on the helmet than 99.9% of us (myself included in that amount), and deserve respect for that, if nothing else.

I can guarantee not one of those dudes would say a word to Tate if in the same room. I hope Tate and Perry are able to block out those idiots, and focus on continuing to perfect their craft and help the team win. Social media is the taint of society.

Advertisement
for what it's worth, it seems like most of these twitter losers talking crap are OSU / non-canes fans. Of course, there are some dumbass canes fans talking as well :mad:

Advertisement
Why do people think he was the underdog? Kid has the prettiest ball and best mechanics of any QB we had from Day 1 on campus. Sure, he got in trouble during the Spring for not going to class, but kid was on a level playing field with Kosi, Tate, and everyone else. I agree with you that kid is the best pure passer we have.

The reports seemed to point to issues with recognition speed and poise.

I chalked this up to him having less experience than the other two, but thought it may be to much to overcome this season.

I was wrong.

I knew he had the most long term potential. Seems like he is coming on strong with his confidence.

I hope Enos breaks him in slow with easy completions on simple plays and reads.

Jarren can get hot and produce big quickly if he doesn’t see passes hitting the ground or defenders hands too much.

Are there still plans for a third scrimmage? Would love for Jarren to get all the reps with the ones for the first time

Could be wrong but I think it was said 3rd scrimmage if needed. My thoughts are the starters have been decided and focus will be preparing for the
crocs. If a scrimmage against scout teams.

Safe to say I'm happy we took Jarren over Art Sitkowski.

I'm still kinda "wowski for kowski"{tm} . Rev ain't got chit on me for gargling now... That nifty tag line coulda carried us further than a Jacory duck.
Let's revisit arturo in the portal, no?

Advertisement
Back