Jake to the portal

Advertisement
77tlki.jpg

Advertisement
Jakai Clark is more likely.

Probably both plus a couple more OL.

Everyone knew that Mario/Mirabel were frustrated with his status. That has been discussed here multiple times and the fact that Mario thinks Samson and Francis are day 1 starters at OT

Advertisement
Probably both plus a couple more OL.

Everyone knew that Mario/Mirabel were frustrated with his status. That has been discussed here multiple times and the fact that Mario thinks Samson and Francis are day 1 starters at OT

Cristobal and Mirabal and Feld know why Zion got hurt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not sure Brown is capable of completing a forward pass

Lot of kids with his skillset look dreadful throwing the ball as true freshmen.

How hard is he willing to work and how good will the coaching be that he's going to get?

He has some skills you can't teach. You can teach mechanics, which translate to accuracy. He had miles and miles to go the last time we saw him, no doubt. But it's beyond silly to write him off over how he looked as a true freshman who entered the season as the #3 QB and very rarely even knew when he was starting/playing in games week to week due to the injury carousel we had in that room.

Am I going to say he's going to be a great college QB? Of course not. But will I say he can't be based just off last season? Not even close. As I said in my OP, he better be working. He's got a **** of an opportunity in front of him. Everything I've heard about him is he's a leader, he's an alpha, he works, he's smart, he's coachable...all the things you need to be if you're going to make massive improvement in your overall game. Which he needs to, clearly. But he's plenty big enough, he's plenty strong enough, he's plenty fast enough to be a **** of a player at that position. Can someone coach him how to think his way through a game, how to read defenses, and how to improve throwing the ball downfield? I think in a perfect world, and I've said this multiple times on this board, well before the Jake transfer news, but if I could draw it up, TVD plays this season and stays healthy, and Jacurri redshirts and learns. If you want to throw him into up to 4 games late just to give him some live reps, I'm fine with that. But I hit essentially a hard reset with him and build up those mechanics from the ground up. He sits, he learns, and he improves. And he gets the keys to the 2024 team as a 3rd year sophomore. My money is that he looks infinitely better than he did last season, 18 months from now.

Advertisement
Back