2025 Jaime Ffrench WR Mandarin

But what about break in’ 2: electric boogaloo?
i seent it GIF

Advertisement
We have that going on. But it's not something that's mandatory. It's just advice and an introduction. We even have seminars for it. But nothing mandatory is in place. In my eyes that needs to happen it needs to be if you want this money you're taking a class essentially to get it.
No lie part of the NIL packages we offer should be mandatory retirement savings plans that are non negotiable. I'm not tremendously financially literate so I don't know the logistics of it but a simple and safe investment account should be set up and funded for the period of time the kids are in the program.

W
No lie part of the NIL packages we offer should be mandatory retirement savings plans that are non negotiable. I'm not tremendously financially literate so I don't know the logistics of it but a simple and safe investment account should be set up and funded for the period of time the kids are in the program.
ell simply from a legal standpoint I'm pretty sure that's not legal. We can't tell someone how to invest their money. But teaching them financial responsibility can be mandatory. Teaching them some common sense would go a long way. Teaching them the value of the opportunity they just got will change 99% of their lives. That is all I want for them. I'd want them to understand they just got the golden ticket. Willie ****** Wonka just came to their highschool or their homes and said **** this factory. It's yours. Now teach these kids how to properly run with it from there. I love that they getting money. I hate that the majority of them will go ape **** crazy with it & waste it away or far worse. Get them courses so they understand what's going on. Attempt to get them on board with money managers that we've previously vetted. We've attempted some of this stuff. But we need to go so much further to do right by these kids. That's not an us thing (as I think we're far more advanced than most schools in the process)it's an nil thing...

W

ell simply from a legal standpoint I'm pretty sure that's not legal. We can't tell someone how to invest their money. But teaching them financial responsibility can be mandatory. Teaching them some common sense would go a long way. Teaching them the value of the opportunity they just got will change 99% of their lives. That is all I want for them. I'd want them to understand they just got the golden ticket. Willie ****** Wonka just came to their highschool or their homes and said **** this factory. It's yours. Now teach these kids how to properly run with it from there. I love that they getting money. I hate that the majority of them will go ape **** crazy with it & waste it away or far worse. Get them courses so they understand what's going on. Attempt to get them on board with money managers that we've previously vetted. We've attempted some of this stuff. But we need to go so much further to do right by these kids. That's not an us thing (as I think we're far more advanced than most schools in the process)it's an nil thing...
I've always thought there should be an optional degree for scholarship athletes called professional athletics. Emphasis on team infrastructures, financial literacy, sports/media contracts. Make a whole degree that teaches you about the business of sports and tailor it to the player side with just enough info to give kids insight into coaching, front office, or whatever other branches of professional athletics they may wish to pursue if the professional career falls through. I know things like sports management exist, but I don't think those degrees really go at it from a player perspective.

Advertisement
I've always thought there should be an optional degree for scholarship athletes called professional athletics. Emphaisis on team infrastructures, financial literacy, sports/media contracts. Make a whole degree that teaches you about the business of sports and tailor it to the player side with just enough info to give kids insight into coaching, front office, or whatever other branches of professional athletics they may wish to pursue if the professional career falls through.
There's courses that loosely entail certain aspects of all of that. But nothing I know of that goes into all of it. Not a bad idea. When you get to the league during orientation we go through similar things at the rookie symposium. Agents wanna keep us in the dark though so they always emphasize it's not relevant.

I don't understand why so many people talk about football players as if they are helpless children. They have agency. They are capable of making financial decisions. If they fail to do so appropriately, that's 100% on them.
So I've taught financial literacy courses for years and I'm currently a financial advisor. I can completely understand this take, but I don't agree with it 100%. There are many factors at play that can help empower any of us (not just athletes), but there are so many more things that are designed to work against us. And yes, oftentimes it's ourselves who are at fault.

The part that I am completely with you on is the fact that there's so much information that will help them make good decisions, and it's literally right there at our fingertips. You just have to know what to look for.

I truly believe that an agent, representative, mentor, parent, etc. who does not include a wealth manager as part of a kid's management team, is doing that kid a disservice.

With that said, I'm always accepting new clients!

I remember going through bootcamp and they had us sit through idk how many financial presentations because of cats that would graduate boot camp and buy a used charger for crazy interest rates along w/all kinds of reckless money decisions.

Well when I graduated bootcamp and went down to Pensacola for training you know what I saw? A bunch of cats that bought chargers for crazy interest rates and made all kinds of reckless money decisions.

Financial literacy courses help but they ain't the end all be all. It's like getting told as a kid "wait for marriage" "don't get anyone pregnant" "God is watching"... Oftentimes that just might make you feel a lil guilty while clapping cheeks on early release day.

Advertisement
how do u keep someone not from here HOME?.

Duval and South florida are too different spectrums

its a big deal if we even get a kid from their.

Compared to Texas and Louisiana, Miami is home, geographically speaking.

I don't understand why so many people talk about football players as if they are helpless children. They have agency. They are capable of making financial decisions. If they fail to do so appropriately, that's 100% on them.
The same reasons almost everyone in the nfl goes broke. Except these kids are younger with probably worse representations.

Most agents look out for themselves not the players.

You can’t tell kids what to do with money; especially how to invest. The only sound option that would protect them is a trust. But I doubt that happens

This. Some people are just bad with money and decision making in general, and are destined to be poor. There is a reason almost every lottery winner ends up bankrupt and poor again.

I remember going through bootcamp and they had us sit through idk how many financial presentations because of cats that would graduate boot camp and buy a used charger for crazy interest rates along w/all kinds of reckless money decisions.

Well when I graduated bootcamp and went down to Pensacola for training you know what I saw? A bunch of cats that bought chargers for crazy interest rates and made all kinds of reckless money decisions.

Financial literacy courses help but they ain't the end all be all. It's like getting told as a kid "wait for marriage" "don't get anyone pregnant" "God is watching"... Oftentimes that just might make you feel a lil guilty while clapping cheeks on early release day.
Major points for"Clapping cheeks on early release day." Release Day indeed!

Advertisement
The same reasons almost everyone in the nfl goes broke. Except these kids are younger with probably worse representations.

Most agents look out for themselves not the players.

You can’t tell kids what to do with money; especially how to invest. The only sound option that would protect them is a trust. But I doubt that happens
People in the NFL go broke because they spend too much, save too little, invest too little, have too many kids, and have too many divorces.

All of those fall under poor decisions. Their poor decisions.

They're not helpless. It's not always someone else's fault.

So I've taught financial literacy courses for years and I'm currently a financial advisor. I can completely understand this take, but I don't agree with it 100%. There are many factors at play that can help empower any of us (not just athletes), but there are so many more things that are designed to work against us. And yes, oftentimes it's ourselves who are at fault.

The part that I am completely with you on is the fact that there's so much information that will help them make good decisions, and it's literally right there at our fingertips. You just have to know what to look for.

I truly believe that an agent, representative, mentor, parent, etc. who does not include a wealth manager as part of a kid's management team, is doing that kid a disservice.

With that said, I'm always accepting new clients!
The bold line is a thing of beauty. Hall of fame.

People in the NFL go broke because they spend too much, save too little, invest too little, have too many kids, and have too many divorces.

All of those fall under poor decisions. Their poor decisions.

They're not helpless. It's not always someone else's fault.
I never said that it’s not their decisions. But at college, they’re young. College coaches are supposed to mold these kids into young men. Exclude NIL, that’s always been their responsibility. Add in NIL, they have even more responsibility to do so

Advertisement
Agreed. You don’t have to be a Wall Street wizard to not blow your money. My uncle is a straight up backwoods country boy who never made it past ninth grade, but he was fortunate enough to get a union factory job when he was young. Old dude started stacking paper right away and is now retired and very comfortable. When people ask him how he was able to save money he simply replies that he didn’t spend that ****.

Agreed. You don’t have to be a Wall Street wizard to not blow your money. My uncle is a straight up backwoods country boy who never made it past ninth grade, but he was fortunate enough to get a union factory job when he was young. Old dude started stacking paper right away and is now retired and very comfortable. When people ask him how he was able to save money he simply replies that he didn’t spend that ****.
Yeah but has he ever snorted blow off a strippers cooch? No? Then who cares?

Spend some of that ****.

I don’t think anyone disagrees that at the end of the day it’s theses kids decision to do whatever they want. They are men. Most people don’t make sound financial decisions at this age. I don’t think most people on this site would, me included.

I think the point it’s the university and coaches responsibility to put these kids in the best position possible and mold them for their future. Always been the case. Add in now NIL, theirs even more responsibility to provide them the right resources.

I think there’s a big difference between getting a union job pay of a solid wage at 18 vs life changing money at 18. And how to keep life changing money just that, life changing. I also doubt your uncle had family, friends, and more asking for a piece.

Advertisement
Back