2025 Jaboree "SlimeTo" Antoine 4* CB from LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money fixes all that but we’ll cross that bridge when/if we get there.
True. I imagine we can match outside offers. Hopefully Chevis understands that staying 2-3 years pumping out a couple higher draft picks might get him legit consideration for a DC job somewhere. Fixing the db room at the U is a **** of a resume bullet point to self market.

Advertisement
IMG_4183.jpeg

Advertisement
Sucks because they’ll come calling for Chevis after he cleans the floor with Raymond on the trail this cycle between Antoine and Pickett
He might… but why go to a sinking ship when you can wait and probably get on the next LSU staff with a fresh start.

Hopefully by then the cupboard is full of talent for us and we are locked in at least two classes with guys coming down the line

@htownkidd has it right. I read the guy's writeup, and he really didn't have a specific reason, other than Raymond needs to land him "because cheers turn to jeers quickly and deservedly so in this case" and he logged a crystal ball because he "didn't have a pick from his first commitment." So, no intel backing this up, at least not that the writer shared.

Advertisement
And Texas 7v7 teams?
Idk - seems like high school coaches have significantly more pull - if for no other reason than the sheer population of Texas and the amount of kids that DO NOT play 7v7 football.

If we could find a way to land average 3 kids a cycle from the Dallas/DFW, Houston, and East Texas area….we would be cooking with HOT GRITS. Instead of west coast recruiting I’d prefer to allocate those resources to Texas - shoot when Corey Flagg finishes playing we need to get him here as a Grad Asst - have to develop those ties in Texas.

Easy to forget but Mario had the #1 OT in Texas (Banks) committed to Oregon before he left for UM in 2022. Idk why but it seems like coaches do not want there kids in Miami because FSU and UF pull kids out of Texas basically every cycle

True. I imagine we can match outside offers. Hopefully Chevis understands that staying 2-3 years pumping out a couple higher draft picks might get him legit consideration for a DC job somewhere. Fixing the db room at the U is a **** of a resume bullet point to self market.
Shoot dude he can always be set up as the next DC. But the thing is when our DC gets a HC job - he will likely automatically take Chevis with him and make him DC. Only way we keep Chevis is if Mario selected him over Nichols as DC.

But those are 1st world problems that we can worry about if/when they come.

I’m simply going on record to say that our DC should be a DB coach by trade going forward - OC should be QB coach by trade and DC should be DB coach by trade….

Advertisement
Shoot dude he can always be set up as the next DC. But the thing is when our DC gets a HC job - he will likely automatically take Chevis with him and make him DC. Only way we keep Chevis is if Mario selected him over Nichols as DC.

But those are 1st world problems that we can worry about if/when they come.

I’m simply going on record to say that our DC should be a DB coach by trade going forward - OC should be QB coach by trade and DC should be DB coach by trade….
I'll let it all play out. Let's just get 10 or 11 W's and give the Turds the *** kicking of a lifetime on 8/31. Everything else will take care of itself.

@DMoney in the June 28, 2024 Bank

Miami is in a good place with CB Jaboree Antoine (New Iberia) but that will be an ongoing battle.

Advertisement
Yea at this stage On3 is weighted heavily on quality seems like where as 247 team rankings is more the amount. Rutgers has a top 12 class but has 28 commits currently 22 being 3 stars, ranked 19 on On3
28 commits already???? Are they done recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back