2025 Jaboree "SlimeTo" Antoine 4* CB from LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened here?

Layup for LSU. They did enough to get the in-state player in the boat initially.

Subsequently, they fumbled the ball a bit. Mario is like a shark smelling blood in the water. Armed with Chevis/Guidry, we go all in recruiting him like a 5 star CB, NIL and all.

The player is receptive and goes as far to decommit. In the days leading up to the announcement, LSU comes back and matches the NIL, apologizes for the mishap. Miami counters by upping the NIL a little more while saying we’ve always treated you like the #1 guy and you deserve our absolute best. The player says, you know what, I’m going to go where I know I’m most wanted.

Now, LSU might come back in a couple months with more, but I’d say this has less to do with NIL and more to do with going where you are most wanted. Again, it’s nice to be able to do this.

Advertisement
When Mario gets the first offer on a big time kid, that's hard to beat.

Nil is the best thing that can ever happen to recruiting insiders and recruiting staffs. When they don't get a player or an insider gives bad info they can just blame it on NIL. When their school lands a player it's because the love of the program and a great connection with the coaches, winning and development plan and blah blah blah

Advertisement
Lets be real we want pickett too who is the better athlete, but Antoine is by far the better cornerback

Agreed. If you need a CB ready to play as a freshman it’s Antoine.

If you are recruiting the most gifted athlete without a position it’s Pickett.

Miami has to get at least one and if it’s only one, you have to say Antoine is more important in my opinion.

Agreed. If you need a CB ready to play as a freshman it’s Antoine.

If you are recruiting the most gifted athlete without a position it’s Pickett.

Miami has to get at least one and if it’s only one, you have to say Antoine is more important in my opinion.
Still getting to see more of his stuff but man he looks elite. His highlights are him clamping down every route imaginable

INTs on highlights are cool but his highlights are a lot of people not even trying him. That’s what I like to see

Advertisement
LSU: “Slime is only going there for NIL”

Also LSU:

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

They and everyone else are full of sh*t, but I'm sure it's an easier sell for a 5* WR to commit to a school that just had two of their WRs drafted in the 1st round as opposed to schools who haven't

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back