2025 Iose Epenesa 5* Edge from IL

If we want to be better than 8-4 against what will be a difficult schedule that includes UF, ND, @FSU, Louisville, NC State, @SMU, and @VT?

QB
WR1
DT x2
DE
CB
LB
S

Bare minimum imo. Does UGA rest on their laurels in recruiting? Does Ohio State? bama? Oregon? Texas?

We are absolutely not the exception. Use the portal early and OFTEN, it’s certifiably an advantage and a privilege to be a top NIL school. Those top dogs all use the portal quite frequently, despite bringing in elite recruiting classes (sometimes even better HS classes than us).
Also, while we don’t know how things will play out, the portal cuts both ways and there are injuries.

Advertisement

Which schools were the hardest to turn down after his commitment to Iowa?​

His other uncle is at Miami and coaching on the defensive line. The hardest and most hardcore recruiter for Iose during his journey was Joe Salave'a and then Jason Taylor at Miami. Those guys have been in Edwardsville forever. They have been coming since day one.

Seems like turning down the legacy with all his family being Iowa people was just too much to ask for.

Advertisement
IMG_0781.webp

Since I can’t read it, I hope it was flattering to Mario and Co. And just a home won out in the end thing…
It was an interview of the Dad. He was flattering to all the coaches who recruited him, especially his top 5. He didn’t mention Mario or really any of the other Head Coaches, just all the position coaches that recruited him.

Said his other Uncle is at Miami, referring to Joe, who was his most hardcore recruiter along with Jason Taylor. Said they had been at Evansville forever.

Talks about how they wanted Iose to see other schools, go through the process and make the decision on his own because he had been around Iowa all his life. That he tried to stay out of it until he made his decision then he started telling him everything about Iowa. There was a point that Iowa fell behind because they weren’t recruiting him like others but that was because AJ had told them not to be too aggressive because their father wouldn’t like that. Once Iose understood that and Iowa started picking it up again is when they started taking the lead again.

Biggest takeaway is that the family is Iowa through and through and it’s going to be very difficult to get him to flip. Says he doesn’t want anyone recruiting Iose anymore and to let him concentrate on his school and senior season.

It was an interview of the Dad. He was flattering to all the coaches who recruited him, especially his top 5. He didn’t mention Mario or really any of the other Head Coaches, just all the position coaches that recruited him.

Said his other Uncle is at Miami, referring to Joe, who was his most hardcore recruiter along with Jason Taylor. Said they had been at Evansville forever.

Talks about how they wanted Iose to see other schools, go through the process and make the decision on his own because he had been around Iowa all his life. That he tried to stay out of it until he made his decision then he started telling him everything about Iowa. There was a point that Iowa fell behind because they weren’t recruiting him like others but that was because AJ had told them not to be too aggressive because their father wouldn’t like that. Once Iose understood that and Iowa started picking it up again is when they started taking the lead again.

Biggest takeaway is that the family is Iowa through and through and it’s going to be very difficult to get him to flip. Says he doesn’t want anyone recruiting Iose anymore and to let him concentrate on his school and senior season.
Thanks 4 that

Advertisement
Not that its going to happen but it can't be too far off in the future.. but wonder if that changes if Ferentz retires after this season.

Eh
I think as long as Parker and Bell are there too (I fully expect them to give the HC spot to Parker once KF steps down), he isn’t going anywhere. It’d probably take an entire revamping of staff. I respect it, they are all business and considering the relationships there I’d be surprised if we pressed the gas against the family wishes.

That makes a lot of sense. I had heard Iowa wasn’t prioritizing him the way we were which made no sense at the time, but thought our relentlessness had won him over

Respect to the kid. Tough pull with these guys like him and Hanks but we don’t go down without swinging

Eh
I think as long as Parker and Bell are there too (I fully expect them to give the HC spot to Parker once KF steps down), he isn’t going anywhere. It’d probably take an entire revamping of staff. I respect it, they are all business and considering the relationships there I’d be surprised if we pressed the gas against the family wishes.
True. I was thinking Parker might go out with him but I was also thinking he was in his 70s.. only 61.

Advertisement

Thanks Trick!

Advertisement

Facts but Miami was a serious contender and the Iowa staff was very concerned. They picked it up and got him. Hats off.

Advertisement
Back