2025 Iose Epenesa 5* Edge from IL

Good oney all u mopes keep saying u want to lose espenesa? i wanna win espenesa
robert de niro goodfellas GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
One of my best buddy’s from college is a detective in Edwardsville, will see what kind of intel he can share

Per my college buddy, who is friends with someone on staff:

Mizzu and Oregon are recruiting really hard, in addition to Miami. Most of SEC schools to moderately recruiting him. Said it’s good bet he wants to pave his own trail and he isn’t likely to follow Dad and brother to Iowa. Poly connections will come into play

Per my college buddy, who is friends with someone on staff:

Mizzu and Oregon are recruiting really hard, in addition to Miami. Most of SEC schools to moderately recruiting him. Said it’s good bet he wants to pave his own trail and he isn’t likely to follow Dad and brother to Iowa. Poly connections will come into play
CANE

Advertisement
This kid is #15 overall on 247
#21 overall on ESPN
#84 overall on Rivals
And #113 overall on on3

Kinda wild.

One group of scouts has him smack in the middle of their 5-stars, and On3 has him as a mid 4-star.

Someone else said it, but he's a "high floor" kid. It depends on how each service views this regarding his rating

Watching his tape you can see the size and power, he's literally a man among boys. But some things about his game scream "limitations", even in his highlights

He's a kid that looks like he will come in and be ROCK SOLID as a starter and likely maxes out as an all-conference player. He'll likely--if all the indications about his work ethic are true--go on to have a solid career in the NFL, as well

But, when the services are trying to project who the NFL guys will fall in love over (draft in round 1), they're looking for things like:

A different gear when running,
A definitive twitch and quickness,
More balance when using a move,
More bend coming off the edge, etc.

Basically, when the physicals even out more his intangibles are going to make him a great kid to have on a team of championship caliber (the type of kid winning coaches will want), but the services may not feel like he himself is a game changer (the type of player fans want to control when playing video games)

Someone else said it, but he's a "high floor" kid. It depends on how each service views this regarding his rating

Watching his tape you can see the size and power, he's literally a man among boys. But some things about his game scream "limitations", even in his highlights

He's a kid that looks like he will come in and be ROCK SOLID as a starter and likely maxes out as an all-conference player. He'll likely--if all the indications about his work ethic are true--go on to have a solid career in the NFL, as well

But, when the services are trying to project who the NFL guys will fall in love over (draft in round 1), they're looking for things like:

Basically, when the physicals even out more his intangibles are going to make him a great kid to have on a team of championship caliber (the type of kid winning coaches will want), but the services may not feel like he himself is a game changer (the type of player fans want to control when playing video games)
Yeah he reminds me of Chad Thomas.

Thanks, was looking for a breakdown of this kid. Should be a good player, like you said. Just not super athletic

I would agree but his family pedigree says he can be a ton more than just maxing out as an all conference player.

Advertisement
I would agree but his family pedigree says he can be a ton more than just maxing out as an all conference player.

I agree with you about bloodline. All conference player/fringe All-American is what I originally wanted to say. But, I looked at his lack of explosiveness and some slightly awkward movements then asked myself if I'm considering only who he is or am I factoring in who he's related to

I didn't want to oversell him due to his family pedigree, so I'm hedging my bets lower. But bloodlines and family have A TON of value, so you may be right and I might be off in my assessment

I actually see his career playing out similar to Anthony Chickillo's, maybe (more than likely) a little better. To me, that's a high probability and it's a VERY good collegiate career.. just not what gets you drafted in the first three roundsand hence why he's not seen by the services as a consensus five star

But we all know the services are never wrong,... right?

Advertisement
But how is this possible with all his “physical limitations” that the CIS scouting department observed?
His brother was the same athlete…still is one of the better DEs in the league and a 2nd round pick who’d probably be a first rounder in a re-do.

Just an FYI. This is his average athlete brother who has 12 sacks the last 2 years in a reserve role. Miss me with “athletes”. Get me guys who get to the QB.

AF889DD6-DAD5-4664-AD10-05205A895EED.webp

Advertisement
Back