Ingenuity on Offense - what's on your wish list?

Advertisement
Since my other thread about the offense was locked, what are some wrinkles you'd like to see from the offense in 2017?

I think we'd all agree that receivers going in motion would be a plus.

We didn't have anyone with the explosiveness of Thomas, Dallas, Harley last season.

Wet dream scenario: Dallas lined up as wildcat QB with Thomas flanking him.

More motion, more traditional QB under center, and more screens to the RB. Less WR screens. Would love the traditional I formation and run it without motioning the FB a couple steps in the direction of the run every time.

Since my other thread about the offense was locked, what are some wrinkles you'd like to see from the offense in 2017?

We didn't have anyone with the explosiveness of Thomas, Dallas, Harley last season.

We are not Oregon, we don't need that crap.

Advertisement
Creativity. Creativity. Creativity.

I envy watching Clemson and Pitt on Offense. Such tough Offense's to defend. It feels very similar to how I use to envy aggressive Defense's under Golden and Shannon. CMR needs to leverage our speed and implament more counters, misdirection, movement, reverses, etc., on Offense. We have become too linear and predictable that it frustrates me.

We sure didn't have a problem with Pitt last year...OC gone, they back to an okay team we should never lose to.

I envy watching Clemson and Pitt on Offense. Such tough Offense's to defend. It feels very similar to how I use to envy aggressive Defense's under Golden and Shannon. CMR needs to leverage our speed and implament more counters, misdirection, movement, reverses, etc., on Offense. We have become too linear and predictable that it frustrates me.

We sure didn't have a problem with Pitt last year...OC gone, they back to an okay team we should never lose to.

Just because we played well against Pitt doesn't mean their Offense is bad. Pitt lit up Clemson the following week. If Miam ran that Offense we would be national contenders.

Advertisement
I'd settle for not forcing a power run game when it's not there. If "slinging the ball around" puts points on the board, then by all means sling away.

Just because we played well against Pitt doesn't mean their Offense is bad. Pitt lit up Clemson the following week. If Miam ran that Offense we would be national contenders.

I never said the offense bad. Just saying I don't give them much praise since we handled them. Yes they played well against Clemson but that was a fluke. It's a pipe dream. We will never have an offense like that. We will always be a pro style-ish team with spread wrinkles. That's what we have always done.

Oh boy! Cant wait for the "receivers in motion" threads this coming year. We got a new hot topic that will not disappoint.

Advertisement
OP answered his own question. More pre-snap motion! That leads right to the 2nd point which is less isolation routes, more alignments & route concepts that scheme guys open. Those are personnel independent "ingenuity" changes. Anything else would depend on the talent available (execution) - ex. more explosive receivers = more 4-verts but that assumes the QB can throw an accurate deep ball (Perry would be the best option for that) and the OL can keep him protected, if the OL can't keep him protected then perhaps play action can slow the rush but that depends on a threatening ground game, etc.

Advertisement
An O-line that's gets a consistent push when running the ball

THANK YOU, im tired of seeing kaaya, receivers, coaches get blamed, as if our line was not god awful. They were 100% of the reason we lost 3 games. Va tech shouldve been our only loss had our line been somewhat decent

Lol this clown sound like some thirsty groupie. Our team scored 51 against Pitt and "this goat pitt offense" you keep dck riding scored 28. Our offense that's already in place can score as much as anybody. We lit up West Virginia and could've scored 50 if we didn't decide to have mercy.

Talking about wrs going in motion and jet sweeps being the answer to competing against Clemson?? and these video game povs are what those that think theyre smarter than Coach Richt draw their discontent from?? Lol Hilarious

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back