I like our chances at the ACC title this year

CaneAlmighty

Band
Banned
For one main reason, VT will be playing their toughest ACC schedule to date opening up with a dangerous GT team and playing FSU and Clemson regular season this year. Something they've only done once before
Clemson absolutely owns VT and this will be the best FSU team the Hokies have ever faced.

Also, we hung with VT last year till the end. And in 2010 Morris had us tied going into the 4th QTR so by no means should we be conceding a loss vs them this year.

Advertisement
For one main reason, VT will be playing their toughest ACC schedule to date opening up with a dangerous GT team and playing FSU and Clemson regular season this year. Something they've only done once before
Clemson absolutely owns VT and this will be the best FSU team the Hokies have ever faced.

Also, we hung with VT last year till the end. And in 2010 Morris had us tied going into the 4th QTR so by no means should we be conceding a loss vs them this year.

lolu.webp

I can't see any scenario where we win an ACC title THIS year, but if the recruiting stays strong, it won't be long. Too young this year IMO.

But as the other poster said, it'd be nice to be surprised.

Advertisement
Different offense and different players but... Clemson won the ACC with a bunch of young guys on offense and defense, and they had Duh Duh Duh Dabo coaching their squad.

Anyway, 5-7 in 2012.

Advertisement
DBC?.........

Nah. I love the optimism and I like the direction we are going but I dont see it this year.

Advertisement
I am cautiously optimist.ic, but I doubt we will be a sub ..500 team this year. We have some real fighters coming in. And though they are young they are real winners. I won't be surprised if we exceed expectations.

I'd love to be optimistic, but Al is going to suspend the entire starting offense by August, so no.....6-6

I think he'll cut Morris and the entire starting OL for venturing out to McD's on US1 after 8pm on a school night.

Opening up with GT helps them, they can prepare all summer for it and then follow up with a 1AA team. The FSU game is a thursday night game in Lane where they have lost like 3 games (i think we are all but 1) and that will be the game that shows just how good Jimbo is as a coach.

I think we will play right with VT because its at home but they will pull ahead late due to depth. I see us as a 7-8 win team and not getting blown out in a single game. We finally have a head coach with a clue and even with our lack of depth our talent level is high enough to stay with VT at home

Advertisement
I kind of agree with this, not necessarily that we win the division but I can't see us going sub 500. Even though we have a young team they're still more talented then most teams on the schedule. 8-9 wins.

Advertisement
Back