How far can Golden and the present staff take us?

This is what kills me about the diehard Golden supporters and Golden himself. Basically what you are saying here is that in order for us to win, we have to out talent everyone.
Why would we think that when we didn't out talent UF, UNC in our wins this year and in our win against VT last year?
You're the one coming up with these made up statements to fit your argument.

All I know is we won 9 games with players like Green, Gaines, Highsmith, Rodgers, Cornelius, in our 2 deep who I don't ever see having similar type low level talent ever sniffing our 2 deep going forward based on the talent that Golden has brought in the last few seasons.

You find me one person on here who doesn't also believe Muschamp is a crap HC as well. His offenses are just as bad as our defense.

Advertisement
I didnt ready any of the presumed craziness inside this thread except the OP. So to the OP...

It is my honest belief that Golden and current staff can get us NO BETTER than 10 wins, and thats with an easy schedule, which doesnt seem likely anytime soon with nebraska and notre dame, as well as louisville, all coming in to the mix.

Bottom line? And I swear to you this hurts me deeply as a Canes fan through and through, but Al Golden will NEVER beat Jimbo Fisher. Its just not going to happen. They are going to go on a run in this series that is going to be shameful, and as long as Jimbo continues to pull talent like he is at spots we need such as DT and WR, most namely QB (hopefully Kaaya solves that) we are going to get our **** pushed in every single year as long as we have coach D at the helm, or until Coach D stays long enough for us to get talent on defense of an Alabama or an LSU which could be a few years.

Thus,

Golden and Co. have the opportunity every single year to win the coastal. It is a weak *** division and thats no lie. We wont win an ACC championship because FSU or Clemson or even Louisville is going to be there and with the current schematical **** we are doing on defense we are going to get torn apart by guys like Travis Rudolph and Ermon Lane for the next few years unless there is a DRAMATIC CHANGE; ie:Changes to Defensive staff (you know who), MAJOR talent influx at position of need such as DT, LB, TB, etc....

this staff can get us to ten wins AT BEST

with an 8.5 win average over the tenure, IMO.

I didnt ready any of the presumed craziness inside this thread except the OP. So to the OP...

It is my honest belief that Golden and current staff can get us NO BETTER than 10 wins, and thats with an easy schedule, which doesnt seem likely anytime soon with nebraska and notre dame, as well as louisville, all coming in to the mix.

Bottom line? And I swear to you this hurts me deeply as a Canes fan through and through, but Al Golden will NEVER beat Jimbo Fisher. Its just not going to happen. They are going to go on a run in this series that is going to be shameful, and as long as Jimbo continues to pull talent like he is at spots we need such as DT and WR, most namely QB (hopefully Kaaya solves that) we are going to get our **** pushed in every single year as long as we have coach D at the helm, or until Coach D stays long enough for us to get talent on defense of an Alabama or an LSU which could be a few years.

Thus,

Golden and Co. have the opportunity every single year to win the coastal. It is a weak *** division and thats no lie. We wont win an ACC championship because FSU or Clemson or even Louisville is going to be there and with the current schematical **** we are doing on defense we are going to get torn apart by guys like Travis Rudolph and Ermon Lane for the next few years unless there is a DRAMATIC CHANGE; ie:Changes to Defensive staff (you know who), MAJOR talent influx at position of need such as DT, LB, TB, etc....

Clemson lville what???? Fsu will be tough until winston leaves were heading up 1st year without a possible death penalty we get a top ten class .....

Thus,

Clemson lville what???? Fsu will be tough until winston leaves were heading up 1st year without a possible death penalty we get a top ten class .....

last i checked louisville dominated us and laughed about it while doing so

This current staff will take Miami no where. After 3 years there is no evidence to suggest anything differently.

Advertisement
I still have faith in Golden, I'm giving him one more year. I do think we should have won a couple more games over the last couple years, but were we really more talented? Offensively, in most cases, yes. Defensively, I don't think so. Here are the defensive players we signed from 2009-2011, 3 classes, what should have been the heart of our defense the last few years.
DE - Vernon, Chickillo, Green, Dye, Perry, Ricardo Williams
DT - Pierre, Porter, Robinson, Smith, King, Grimble, Jefferey Brown
LB - Perryman, Gaines, Johnson, Armbrister, Cornelious, Paul, Cain, Travis Williams, Kevin Nelson
CB - McGee, Finnie, Keyon Payne, Jamal Reid, Vernon Davis
S - Armstrong, Rogers, Highsmith
JAG is an enourmous compliment for a lot of the players on that list. I added first names on a few of them to save some of you the time of trying to figure out who the **** these people are. We've brought in some young talent, which should lead to an improved defense, hopefully a vastly improved defense. I'll flip my position pretty quickly if I see the same **** next year though.

I still have faith in Golden, I'm giving him one more year. I do think we should have won a couple more games over the last couple years, but were we really more talented? Offensively, in most cases, yes. Defensively, I don't think so. Here are the defensive players we signed from 2009-2011, 3 classes, what should have been the heart of our defense the last few years.
LB - Perryman, Gaines, Johnson, Armbrister, Cornelious, Paul, Cain, Travis Williams, Kevin Nelson
JAG is an enourmous compliment for a lot of the players on that list. I added first names on a few of them to save some of you the time of trying to figure out who the **** these people are. We've brought in some young talent, which should lead to an improved defense, hopefully a vastly improved defense. I'll flip my position pretty quickly if I see the same **** next year though.

Can you name anyone on Duke's defense? What were they ranked when they signed?

Also, if our talent was so poor, why didn't the coaches decide to play the younger talent that you tout in your post?

After the Rustled Bowl if you think Golden can win more than 9 games throwing in 10 wins once a decade you are delusional. Bad HC, bad defense, bad preparation, poorly motivated, etc. Everything that can be wrong with a program is wrong with ours on the football field.

The RAB should have proven just how bad Golden is as a coach. He cried about those extra 15 practices, got them and still got blown out. Tells you all you need to know.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Can you name anyone on Duke's defense? What were they ranked when they signed?

Also, if our talent was so poor, why didn't the coaches decide to play the younger talent that you tout in your post?
Evidently we need elite talent to beat Duke, a down VT and look competent against UNC and WF. Who would've known that it requires 5 stars all over the field just to win the Coastal.

After the Rustled Bowl if you think Golden can win more than 9 games throwing in 10 wins once a decade you are delusional. Bad HC, bad defense, bad preparation, poorly motivated, etc. Everything that can be wrong with a program is wrong with ours on the football field.

I mean these were the same guys spouting off the following about our last two coaches:
- OMG you want to fire a coach with a 80 something percent winning record?

- These are the same fans that used to get mad at Coker when we didn't blow out a team by enough points

- Did you see what Randy inherited? The cupboard was bare thanks to Uncle Fester! He had a PUNTER playing WR his last year for crying out loud!

- Randy has improved the record every year. 5-7-9. That's improvement. Only an idiot would fire a coach for improving.

Now:
- Did you see the mess that Randy left Golden?

- We have no talent! Do you think Kacy Rodgers would play at Alabama?

- Guys, we are trending up. 6-7-9.

They then will backtrack once they are proven to be blind followers, acting like they never supported the said coach, and then use the same lines and rationale when the next guy comes in. It's funny how many people now hate Shannon compared to year 3 of his regime, when we heard eerily similar rationalizations for his deficiencies by the same group.

Last edited:

Sorry but I'm not buying Miami not having enough talent to beat some of the **** poor teams they've lost to over the past 3 years.

Sorry but I'm not buying Miami not having enough talent to beat some of the **** poor teams they've lost to over the past 3 years.
Louisville, Duke, VT, etc. They all out recruit us on a yearly basis.....wait.

Advertisement
This is what kills me about the diehard Golden supporters and Golden himself. Basically what you are saying here is that in order for us to win, we have to out talent everyone.
Why would we think that when we didn't out talent UF, UNC in our wins this year and in our win against VT last year?

All I know is we won 9 games with players like Green, Gaines, Highsmith, Rodgers, Cornelius, in our 2 deep who I don't ever see having similar type low level talent ever sniffing our 2 deep going forward based on the talent that Golden has brought in the last few seasons.

Lots of problems with this post. Miami returned more players with starting experince than pretty much every team on its schedule. That, plus goldens supposed recruiting prowess should eliminate all player related issues. If it's not then that means there are more issues.

1. Golden isn't the great recruiter people claim he is
2. He's great at developing said talent
3. His coaching is so bad it renders talent useless

When you return so many players with starting experince at Miami.. You should beat 1-11, 4-8 and 2-10 teams. That's to be expected. Just so happen the schedule set up for the first 7 games Golden faced some pretty pathetic teams. Even then he had his struggles.

Lots of problems with this post. Miami returned more players with starting experince than pretty much every team on its schedule. That, plus goldens supposed recruiting prowess should eliminate all player related issues. If it's not then that means there are more issues.

When you return so many players with starting experince at Miami.. You should beat 1-11, 4-8 and 2-10 teams. That's to be expected. Just so happen the schedule set up for the first 7 games Golden faced some pretty pathetic teams. Even then he had his struggles.

I see more problems with your post, apparently all that experience cant even get one of these def players to a combine or probably not even arena league.. Miami is coming off its worst talent run in its modern era..worse than Butch where the 1st round streak stayed alive throughout his whole tenure

The Wake Forest game deeply concerned me.

The Duke game officially had me on the ropes

The Louisville game confirmed what I already knew.

Golden is not big time D1 material. He's in over his head. The sample size is big enough at this point to conclude this is not a well coached team. When you have 30 days to prepare for a team that isn't in the top 10 and you get absolutely DESTROYED...it simply validates the notion that this staff is below average at gameplanning and technical preparation.

And giving up 500+ yards to 7 straight opponents at the END OF YOUR THIRD YEAR? That's historically bad kinda stuff.

I'm 100% sure Golden isn't the right guy. I've seen enough. He's Randy Shannon with much better public presentation skills.

I'm holding out hopes better days are ahead for our beloved program...a new stadium with the MLS team closer to Coral Gables combined with a competent coaching staff would make me the happiest guy on earth...and I'm still holding out hope that both are on the near horizon.

Advertisement

I see more problems with your post, apparently all that experience cant even get one of these def players to a combine or probably not even arena league.. Miami is coming off its worst talent run in its modern era..worse than Butch where the 1st round streak stayed alive throughout his whole tenure

How many players will Duke have at the combine?

Did we need 5 star players to adjust to Wake Forrest's wide split OL?

Did we need 5 star players to adjust to Louisville's standing-up pass rush?

Unfortunately for us Duke will fill the combine in 2015, which means we gotta deal with them again this year....Theres a major difference between 5 star players and CFL free agents,

Unfortunately for us Duke will fill the combine in 2015, which means we gotta deal with them again this year....Theres a major difference between 5 star players and CFL free agents,
So we need NFL players in order to beat Duke. Gotcha.

So we need NFL players in order to beat Duke. Gotcha.

we needed them to barely beat big east teams, 13 years ago, what do you think FSU's doing now vs bowdens last years, Bowden wasnt getting 11 guys drafted in 07-08

Advertisement
Back