Honest question.

Most folks won't understand what an IEP is to begin with, unless they were on one, which would automatically eliminate them basically from UM to begin with, so you won't get much of an answer.

You right though. I wish there was a minor league football system that would grow strength to compete with the corrupt *** NCAA. Then we could watch minor league football and \ or NCAA football by STUDENT athletes.

If that system really did exist, I wonder who the "fans" of college football would really watch.

I teach students with disabilities . . . probably why I make such a good moderator here . . .

LMAO

Advertisement
Imur, agree completely. My wife does ESE and building of IEPs for children all the time, and most labeled (takes a pretty big effort, at least in Miami Dade), I see most of those having some pretty big difficulties for ever having a good chance of completing an institution like UM.

Not that UA, FSU, or UF would be much easier if done legit, but folks with IEPs do have a tough time with stuff like SATs and such. (All IEPs are different and different levels, but you know the game if you had to mess with them, they are legal contracts so a tough one to get around).

This is ridiculous argument. Miami has made a commitment to student athletes. It's about the core mission of providing opportunity and access to higher educations for all types of students with unique skills and backgrounds. They add diversity and help bond the entire campus. It's a win/win for everyone. That's why Stanford, Northwestern, Michigan, Notre Dame, UNC, Duke, etc also do this. Do you really think Stanford with its 50 Billion dollar endowment needs Power 5 football for the money or fame?

Miami graduates athletes at among the highest levels in the country. If the kids are committed to learning and development, then they'll be fine, even if they start out at a disadvantage.

Thanks man, you and a few others have pushed the correct idea on this topic. I wanted to put a lil spotlight on this because it's an important topic in recruiting. Many schools use that against UM believe it or not.

If this is a fake GenitalRon then you should nuke all his **** now because he's slickly claiming UM is "playing the

He should know all that if he's some sort of adviser and should be informing kids on that. Instead, he (or the troll posting under this name) is slickly intimating that kids can't make it academically at UM.

Naw you piece of fecal matter! Not even close to what's going on . Now don't you have to go have your mouth sprayed down for pest control? Smh

Thanks for all the good opinions. This is a very popular message board, with many eyes of recruits and parents . They need to know the extreme educational advantages UM has. Anywayz...... peace . RIP Craig Sager

Advertisement
If this is a fake GenitalRon then you should nuke all his **** now because he's slickly claiming UM is "playing the

He should know all that if he's some sort of adviser and should be informing kids on that. Instead, he (or the troll posting under this name) is slickly intimating that kids can't make it academically at UM.

Naw you piece of fecal matter! Not even close to what's going on . Now don't you have to go have your mouth sprayed down for pest control? Smh

You gonna slap an infraction for "personal insults" on this Beetlejuice-faced succubus, imurcane, like you just did to me for my posts in this thread? Or are you only mad at me because I called you out?

Let me know if I'm good to respond to this maggot in kind, or if you're going to ban the Living Legend in favor of Fake GenitalRon.

Said athlete can receive accommodations at the University level, too.

Frank Gore could barely read or write a coherent sentence, and yet he's one of the best ambassadors for the Miami brand. It comes down to work ethic and character in the end of the player is worth it.

That's not at all fair to put across that way as you make it seem like Frank is just illiterate to say the least. Coming into his senior year at gables he had so many untreated issues dyslexia being probably the most minor. He simply had no clue how to fight what was going on in his mind. Yeah,he still was gonna go to Ole miss but without his guidance counselor & um his future mentally was looking real bleak.

Frank Gore could barely read or write a coherent sentence, and yet he's one of the best ambassadors for the Miami brand. It comes down to work ethic and character in the end of the player is worth it.

That's not at all fair to put across that way as you make it seem like Frank is just illiterate to say the least. Coming into his senior year at gables he had so many untreated issues dyslexia being probably the most minor. He simply had no clue how to fight what was going on in his mind. Yeah,he still was gonna go to Ole miss but without his guidance counselor & um his future mentally was looking real bleak.

Now, Frank's a pillar of society, a leader and a great human being. UM had a lot to do with that.

If youre reading at a 6th grade level theres no way youre getting passing grades on the SAT/ACT to even get into Miami in the first place.

If you cant even get a 3.0 and passing grades on those tests why should you deserve to go to Miami? its not like high school is hard. Id rather take someone who is a great athlete and actually tries than someone who just doesnt care enough to do well in school. We are in the most fertile recruiting area in the nation, there are plenty of elite athletes here. If you cant pass the tests or maintain the grades to get in you should either got to WVU/Marshall or Prep school.

Now if someone genuinly has a learning disability and actually is trying rather than just blowing school off then their admission should be case by case.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't like the tone of this thread, but won't lock it down because this is an open forum.

If it borders further into the land of trolling, it gets nuked. And, trolls get nuked, too.

Nothing to gain from this thread for certain & considering the individuals I would read into it.

No you are correct. I know one of gores old tutors, and she said he was one of the most intelligent kids she had despite his learning deficiencies. All of his coaches at every level have said the same pretty much.

Nope. As a UM grad, I care about the perceived value of a UM degree, and although I don't mind giving athletes the benefit of the doubt when it comes to admission (or extra tutoring help once they're in), I personally can't justify admitting someone who's reading at a middle school level.

They here for football first thats the truth.....they getting looked at for football. I really dont have to explain this right?? U want to win? U take care of your community and the local studs in it period.

You do understand regardless of the fact that they're here for football they also represent us not just academically but individually. We work hard at being able to put our kids out into the world in a position of they're choice so that they can succeed. Sports is a minor part in a scholarship offer from us. That's the truth.

Isn't that the purpose of Prop 99 (?) and college entrance exams? Technically the institutions and the ncaa have requirements. If the athlete meets it then fine. Let's stop pretending colleges are concerned about educating athletes. It's become about the Millions $$ that athletics makes for the institutions and society in general.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back