High School Football Fall 2024

Eh, not sure bay area is worth really recruiting much. Like there might be like 5 four star guys in CA from NorCal this year.

But on a yearly basis maybe like De La Salle and Pittsburgh High would be fine to recruit, and they're like 20mins from each other. So maybe you treat that like Gorman ish (not as many quality players though). If I were focusing somewhere in Norcal It'd probably be Sacramento area right now?... but ultimately Southern Cal is where you wanna be if you're really targeting top players, and it's not particularly close. I actually think we could do quite well in LA, especially if we are actually good. Like I really don't think LA kids are dying to play for SEC programs. They're doing it because they were good. If we are good, I have no doubt they'd choose us over a Bama/Oklahoma... But USC is still king in LA if they want to be imo.

Anyways I'd leave NorCal alone. Much rather spend the money recruiting Texas or VA/NJ or something.
The Bay Area has kids, but honestly some of them get pimped out to Mater Dei because of Malu(Najee old trainer). Jordan Davidson and Phillip Bell being examples this year. My brother attended Pitt High, they are getting transfers there now. Only problem is those kids need time to be coached/learn how to be a student athlete. De La doesn't produce like it used to, honestly for the past decade they have been down because they do not recruit like they should imo.

Like @Rellyrell said before, be careful with those Sac kids... I agree that THEY need to spend more resources in Texas, but the Bay is good for a great TE, RB, or some solid OL every year.

Advertisement
The Bay Area has kids, but honestly some of them get pimped out to Mater Dei because of Malu(Najee old trainer). Jordan Davidson and Phillip Bell being examples this year. My brother attended Pitt High, they are getting transfers there now. Only problem is those kids need time to be coached/learn how to be a student athlete. De La doesn't produce like it used to, honestly for the past decade they have been down because they do not recruit like they should imo.

Like @Rellyrell said before, be careful with those Sac kids... I agree that THEY need to spend more resources in Texas, but the Bay is good for a great TE, RB, or some solid OL every year.
I just don’t think the investment is really worth it as much. I think dollar for dollar it’s going to have much better returns investing in recruiting LA, especially if we are actually good now. And I think there are multiple other states we could focus more on this would be true as well. Sure more competition, but quality is generally higher.

Advertisement
Advertisement

best IMG QB since _____ & he’s from Te-

drag no GIF by Red Fang

Advertisement
The teams they lost to have talent though. Milton has more talent than Heritage. Could they have held them to less points with better coaching/playcalling? Sure.
But Heritage shouldn't automatically win that game on paper.
Milton is LOADED.

The teams that come down here for the showcase are often among the top teams in the country.
FIFY!

All I’m going to say about the losses by our biggest HS teams down here is LOL.

We’ve been telling you this isn’t the 80’s anymore. Football is being taught at such an advanced level that just having better athletes doesn’t matter anymore.

Maybe the SFL homers will finally get it through their thick skulls.
I think there's more to it than that. These schools have better facilities, better nutrition and better coaching and they have the animals up front on both sides of the lime; that apparently we can't duplicate at this time. Maybe @Paranos can help with that. 👀
That the talent gap has mostly been erased is definite; but we still have a lot of talent down here. Hence, no one got blown out last week. I thought we were in all those games.

Advertisement
I thought STA and Chaminade held up pretty well-Both had their chances to win their game.

The biggest difference to me is on the line of scrimmage-I saw Gorman up close they have 5 OL going to power 5 schools -They had some of the biggest kids I’ve ever seen -Most of them are Samoan-UM commit did not play Saturday-

St.John Bosco similar to Gorman huge OL-Both teams have very good skill players as well plus outstanding coaching-

Mater Dei has Bishop Gorman at home next week that’s going to be a great game-Mater Dei is loaded -The Trinity league is probably the best in the nation -They’re rolling out D-1 talent like crazy-

All those schools get players from everywhere not just SoCal and Las Vegas-

Mater Dei will be playing in the broward county showcase next year.

Advertisement
Back