Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
It’s a new world with NIL. 5 years ago UF would have their pick but programs like Mizzou and Ole Miss can hold onto their coaches with NIL investments.

I think UF needs their version of Mark Richt. A guy that can come in, get the **** together in all areas, and stabilize the program in a few years.
Gus Malzahn or Mack Brown.

There is no way...there is NO way the Gators are smart enough to hire Al Golden.

The only way it wouldn't work is if they don't pay him enough, and then they don't put a ****load of money in NIL, and do not allow him to hire a defensive coordinator. Even then, its a 3-5 year build.

Randy Shannon would be the absolute best choice. Seriously.

With Urban Meyer, he proved he could win at UF, but isn't that really because Miami had the failing Coker regime, and FSU had Bobby in his twilight? When he was winning with UF, his football team had 30ish arrests. In this day and age, can you get away with that? Even if you win? Even if Tim Tebow was your QB?

Theres also the heart attack. It was legit, and the morally fibrous UF would have to take the position not to hire him citing health concerns.

Personally, if I were UF, I'd do a very careful coaching search and pull the trigger when I knew I have the perfect hire. No retreads. No rough diamonds. Floridas situation cannot be turned around quickly anyway. Be patient. Hire Golden or Shannon, preferably both.

Our BOT wanted Mario for years, and when they finally decided they really wanted him, in a rare move, they opened the checkbook to get him. And still took him a bit to get online. UF must do the same for Radio Shannon and Alfred J. Folden.
FIFY

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you only read ONE Swamp-*** 247 snapshot today, let it be THIS ONE...

View attachment 303456

I cant see the entirety of the post he is replying to but there is no right answer right now. I am sure guys are now mailing it in at practice. No one wants to play for Napier. So you have a kid showing out and doing the right things in practice, making plays in practice. Do you give him a shot in a game hoping it translates? Or do you let the "more talented" player who is coasting at practice keep their job. Its f'ed either way. IDK who Decon Manuel is but saying a player "earned" reps I dont think automatically means he is a nice guy with good character.

Honestly with Rudner's recent article, then severely backtracking the importance of the BOT meeting and now with takes like this I feel like Rudner is spiraling and he is taking the fan base down with him throwing more chaos around.

I thought I couldn’t hate Mack Brown more but that would do it. I’ve been bringing up Malzahn since we kicked their ***, I’m sure he’s itching to get back to the SEC to prove himself and is attainable for UF.
Would he, though? He's 58 and if he's successful at UCF, can be a legend that brought them into the P4 and made them a force in the Big 12. People get statues for that. Or would he go back to the SEC deal with the fickle fans of UF who think the only difference between their current status and a national championship is the coach.

Now Golesh is 40 and on the ascent, but he suffers from the stench of being a P% coach. They might not have a nose for that due to the lingering odor of Napier.

Would he, though? He's 58 and if he's successful at UCF, can be a legend that brought them into the P4 and made them a force in the Big 12. People get statues for that. Or would he go back to the SEC deal with the fickle fans of UF who think the only difference between their current status and a national championship is the coach.

Now Golesh is 40 and on the ascent, but he suffers from the stench of being a P% coach. They might not have a nose for that due to the lingering odor of Napier.
My pick for them is and for a few days has been Golesh.

Advertisement

I think ego, another shot to prove himself could drive him there. He’s only making $4 million this year (goes up to $5-$6 million in a few years). Maybe he wants another payday before hanging it up.

Agree on Golesh, hiring a 2nd year HC from the G5 is ballsy and not sure they would be willing to go all in on a guy like that with how the last one turned out. Unless he beats us this weekend then UF would give him $15 million a year and a $100 million war chest…

Advertisement
Wait till Billy gets his guys though

Animated GIF

Advertisement
Back