Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
That must be why Michigan State can't complete a forward pass. That green and white is like camouflage on the gridiron.
Yea Boise St wearing all blue on that blue field has to make them invisible so when the opposing QB throws a pass all of a sudden the ball must appear to somehow change course and head toward the other endzone…the QB has no clue what happens until he watches on Sportscenter that night….😜

OK, so we all know that Florida was bad last year. The went 5-7, which was worse than the prior year.

So, of course Florida went out and hit the Portal hard. Signed 16 guys. They had the #6 transfer recruiting class.

How's that working out? I mean, Florida must be taking a huge step forward with all that transfer talent, right?

1. Jason Zandamela - IOL - Southern Cal - 4-star transfer - 0.9700 rating - THIRD-STRING CENTER ON THE DEPTH CHART
2. Cormani McClain - CB - Colorado - 4-star transfer - 0.9400 rating - NOT EVEN IN THE THREE-DEEP
3. Joey Slackman - DL - UPenn - 4-star transfer - 0.9200 rating - LISTED AS "OR" STARTER WITH CALEB BANKS, COMING OFF INJURY, CALEB BANKS WILL BE THE STARTER
4. Jameer Grimsley - CB - Alabama - 4-star transfer - 0.9100 rating - THIRD-STRING CB ON THE DEPTH CHART
5. Grayson "Pup" Howard - LB - South Carolina - 4-star transfer - 0.9100 rating - LISTED AS "OR" STARTER WITH DEREK WINGO
6. Elijhah Badger - WR - Arizona St - 4-star transfer - 0.9000 rating - LISTED AS "OR" STARTER WITH KAHLEIL JACKSON, ARRIVED LATE IN SUMMER, HAS STRUGGLED TO MASTER PLAYBOOK, HAS CHRONIC BACK PROBLEMS
7. DJ Douglas - S - Tulane - 3-star transfer - 0.8900 rating - SECOND-STRING SAFETY ON THE DEPTH CHART
8. Asa Turner - S - Washington - 3-star transfer - 0.8900 rating - FIRST-STRING SAFETY, BUT HAS CHRONIC SHOULDER ISSUES, HIS SHOULDER HAS POPPED OUT THREE TIMES THIS SUMMER
9. Trikweze Bridges - CB - Oregon - 3-star transfer - 0.8900 rating - SECOND-STRING SAFETY ON THE DEPTH CHART
10. Devon Manuel - OT - Arkansas - 3-star transfer - 0.8800 rating - SECOND-STRING TACKLE ON THE DEPTH CHART
11. Chimere **** - WR - Wisconsin - 3-star transfer - 0.8800 rating - FIRST-STRING WIDE RECEIVER
12. Brandon Crenshaw-Dixon - OT - San Diego St - 3-star transfer - 0.8700 rating - SECOND-STRING TACKLE ON THE DEPTH CHART
13. Caleb Rillos - TE - Air Force - 3-star transfer - 0.8600 rating - NOT EVEN IN THE THREE-DEEP
14. George Gumbs Jr - Edge - N. Illinois - 3-star transfer - 0.8500 rating - LISTED AS "OR" STARTER WITH TJ SEARCY AND SEARCY WILL BE THE STARTER
15. Clay Millen - QB - Colorado St - 3-star transfer - 0.8300 rating - THIRD-STRING QB ON THE DEPTH CHART
16. Alfonzo Allen - S - Baylor - 0-star transfer - 0.0000 rating - NOT EVEN IN THE THREE-DEEP

To sum up:

3 guys not even in the 3-deep on the depth chart
3 third-stringers
4 second-stringers
4 "OR" starters, of which at least 2 will not start
2 first-stringers, of which one has serious injury issues

Yep. That's what the "#6 ranked transfer class" is bringing to the Gators.

So you'll forgive me if I don't project Florida as being much better than they were last year.

Advertisement
Hurricane warning flag just went up!

Attachments

• 1000000534.jpg
    1000000534.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
OK, so we all know that Florida was bad last year. The went 5-7, which was worse than the prior year.

So, of course Florida went out and hit the Portal hard. Signed 16 guys. They had the #6 transfer recruiting class.

How's that working out? I mean, Florida must be taking a huge step forward with all that transfer talent, right?

1. Jason Zandamela - IOL - Southern Cal - 4-star transfer - 0.9700 rating - THIRD-STRING CENTER ON THE DEPTH CHART
2. Cormani McClain - CB - Colorado - 4-star transfer - 0.9400 rating - NOT EVEN IN THE THREE-DEEP
3. Joey Slackman - DL - UPenn - 4-star transfer - 0.9200 rating - LISTED AS "OR" STARTER WITH CALEB BANKS, COMING OFF INJURY, CALEB BANKS WILL BE THE STARTER
4. Jameer Grimsley - CB - Alabama - 4-star transfer - 0.9100 rating - THIRD-STRING CB ON THE DEPTH CHART
5. Grayson "Pup" Howard - LB - South Carolina - 4-star transfer - 0.9100 rating - LISTED AS "OR" STARTER WITH DEREK WINGO
6. Elijhah Badger - WR - Arizona St - 4-star transfer - 0.9000 rating - LISTED AS "OR" STARTER WITH KAHLEIL JACKSON, ARRIVED LATE IN SUMMER, HAS STRUGGLED TO MASTER PLAYBOOK, HAS CHRONIC BACK PROBLEMS
7. DJ Douglas - S - Tulane - 3-star transfer - 0.8900 rating - SECOND-STRING SAFETY ON THE DEPTH CHART
8. Asa Turner - S - Washington - 3-star transfer - 0.8900 rating - FIRST-STRING SAFETY, BUT HAS CHRONIC SHOULDER ISSUES, HIS SHOULDER HAS POPPED OUT THREE TIMES THIS SUMMER
9. Trikweze Bridges - CB - Oregon - 3-star transfer - 0.8900 rating - SECOND-STRING SAFETY ON THE DEPTH CHART
10. Devon Manuel - OT - Arkansas - 3-star transfer - 0.8800 rating - SECOND-STRING TACKLE ON THE DEPTH CHART
11. Chimere **** - WR - Wisconsin - 3-star transfer - 0.8800 rating - FIRST-STRING WIDE RECEIVER
12. Brandon Crenshaw-Dixon - OT - San Diego St - 3-star transfer - 0.8700 rating - SECOND-STRING TACKLE ON THE DEPTH CHART
13. Caleb Rillos - TE - Air Force - 3-star transfer - 0.8600 rating - NOT EVEN IN THE THREE-DEEP
14. George Gumbs Jr - Edge - N. Illinois - 3-star transfer - 0.8500 rating - LISTED AS "OR" STARTER WITH TJ SEARCY AND SEARCY WILL BE THE STARTER
15. Clay Millen - QB - Colorado St - 3-star transfer - 0.8300 rating - THIRD-STRING QB ON THE DEPTH CHART
16. Alfonzo Allen - S - Baylor - 0-star transfer - 0.0000 rating - NOT EVEN IN THE THREE-DEEP

To sum up:

3 guys not even in the 3-deep on the depth chart
3 third-stringers
4 second-stringers
4 "OR" starters, of which at least 2 will not start
2 first-stringers, of which one has serious injury issues

Yep. That's what the "#6 ranked transfer class" is bringing to the Gators.

So you'll forgive me if I don't project Florida as being much better than they were last year.
Transfer class rankings are so stupid. Way too much emphasis placed on how many years you have left instead of proven production. Zandamela was the 7th ranked player in the portal because he’s a true freshman. Cam was 14th, and you won’t convince me he was any lower than 3rd with Downs and Nolen for most coveted transfer.

Cormani was 21st. Colbie was 32nd. While Martinez was 33rd.

Yea Boise St wearing all blue on that blue field has to make them invisible so when the opposing QB throws a pass all of a sudden the ball must appear to somehow change course and head toward the other endzone…the QB has no clue what happens until he watches on Sportscenter that night….😜
Tada da, tada da!

Advertisement
View attachment 299997
Edit: these were the days when the refs tried really hard to make it a game against us. 120 yards of penalties and we still rolled!!!
Speaking of the refs trying to make the opponent even a tiny bit competitive and failing miserably, this is one of my favorite box scores of all time. Absolute domination from start to finish.and I was there for every bit of it. Look at those penalty yards. Randal Hill with the six-shooters... good times.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240829-190623.png
    Screenshot_20240829-190623.png
    387.5 KB · Views: 0
Speaking of the refs trying to make the opponent even a tiny bit competitive and failing miserably, this is one of my favorite box scores of all time. Absolute domination from start to finish.and I was there for every bit of it. Look at those penalty yards. Randal Hill with the six-shooters... good times.
Wow I wasn’t even born yet lol but this is my type of game

Advertisement
Transfer class rankings are so stupid. Way too much emphasis placed on how many years you have left instead of proven production. Zandamela was the 7th ranked player in the portal because he’s a true freshman. Cam was 14th, and you won’t convince me he was any lower than 3rd with Downs and Nolen for most coveted transfer.

Cormani was 21st. Colbie was 32nd. While Martinez was 33rd.
Agree, that's the most *** backwards ranking system out there. Ranking transfers high because of how much eligibility they have left? Doesn't make sense to me. Should be just like high school and based on production. Cormani as the 21st ranked player in the portal is a joke.

Advertisement
I agree with you guys on transfer class rankings. And even if we ignored that (I mentioned the rankings for comedic effect) The Gator STILL landed very few starters, compared to A LOT of backups.
Agree, they really didn't do very well with their portal class, even if the rankings say otherwise.

Whereas, we landed an incredible portal class in which almost all will be starters or key contributors.

1. Cam Ward - Starter
2. Damien Martinez- Starter
3. Sam Brown - Starter
4. Zach Carpenter - Starter
5. Simeon Barrow - Starter
6. CJ Clark - Starter
7. Elijah Alston or Tyler Baron - Starter
8. Mishael Powell - Starter

That is 8 for sure starters right there. Other key contributors should be Mark Bell, Marley Cook, Jalin Alderman, Isiah Taylor. Haven't heard much on Dyoni Hill. It's possible he might play a major role as well. That's a pretty good percentage of our transfers that are major contributors. Basically every transfer other than Poff, depending on what Hill does. We will know more in a couple days.

Agree, they really didn't do very well with their portal class, even if the rankings say otherwise.

Whereas, we landed an incredible portal class in which almost all will be starters or key contributors.

1. Cam Ward - Starter
2. Damien Martinez- Starter
3. Sam Brown - Starter
4. Zach Carpenter - Starter
5. Simeon Barrow - Starter
6. CJ Clark - Starter
7. Elijah Alston or Tyler Baron - Starter
8. Mishael Powell - Starter

That is 8 for sure starters right there. Other key contributors should be Mark Bell, Marley Cook, Jalin Alderman, Isiah Taylor. Haven't heard much on Dyoni Hill. It's possible he might play a major role as well. That's a pretty good percentage of our transfers that are major contributors. Basically every transfer other than Poff, depending on what Hill does. We will know more in a couple days.
Technically Bell isn’t a portal transfer and Taylor is a walk on but even with that most of them not starting are in the 2 deep

Advertisement
Back