Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Curious who their opponents have been over that time. Last year was UTenn, but their QB was overhyped and had proven nothing to that point.
Looks like a bunch of scrubs outside of Utah and South Carolina in the past few years. I think I saw Huston or Kentucky in the once or twice int he 90s.

Fun fact, these are the teams that UF has beaten in those home openers:

McNeese St
Utah (the ONE team ranked when they played AND ranked at the end of the season)
FAU (twice)
South Carolina (2-8 during COVID)
UT-Martin
Charleston Southern (twice)
Tennessee (ranked when they played, Tennessee finished 4-8)
UMass
New Mexico St (twice)
Eastern Michigan (twice)
Toledo
Bowling Green
Miami OF OHIO
Hawaii
Western Kentucky
Southern Miss (twice)
Wyoming
San Jose St (twice)
Alabama-Birmingham
Marshall
Ball St
Western Michigan
The Citadel
Southwestern Louisiana
Houston (finished 2-9)
Arkansas St
Kentucky (finished 4-7)
Oklahoma St (finished 4-7)

I see a lot of compass directions in that list...
Yikessss. Take no stock whatsoever in that 33 year streak.

5-4 in the 9 home games under Billy that excludes Vandy, G5, and FCS is more realistic.

I'm leaning closer and closer to an L at UF is completely unacceptable because home field really doesn't mean much it seems.

Advertisement

McNeese St
FAU (twice)
UT-Martin
UMass
New Mexico St (twice)
Eastern Michigan (twice)
Toledo
Bowling Green
Miami OF OHIO
Hawaii
Western Kentucky
Southern Miss (twice)
Wyoming
San Jose St (twice)
Alabama-Birmingham
Marshall
Ball St
Western Michigan
The Citadel
Southwestern Louisiana
Houston (finished 2-9)
Arkansas St
Kentucky (finished 4-7)

We know that , a lot of people don’t , ending it will still sound nice

McNeese St
FAU (twice)
UT-Martin
UMass
New Mexico St (twice)
Eastern Michigan (twice)
Toledo
Bowling Green
Miami OF OHIO
Hawaii
Western Kentucky
Southern Miss (twice)
Wyoming
San Jose St (twice)
Alabama-Birmingham
Marshall
Ball St
Western Michigan
The Citadel
Southwestern Louisiana
Houston (finished 2-9)
Arkansas St
Kentucky (finished 4-7)

A real who’s who of cfb

Advertisement

5-4 in the 9 home games under Billy that excludes Vandy, G5, and FCS is more realistic.

I'm leaning closer and closer to an L at UF is completely unacceptable because home field really doesn't mean much it seems.
Don’t leave out the juicy info…

Billy is also 4-9 overall as an underdog

Everything about these cowards is BS. That meaningless cupcake 1st game all these years, admiting to using the SEC to run from the Miami rivalry and playing their last OOC opponent outside the state of Florida in 1991. Claiming they wouldn't play Miami at Miami any longer. Their AD's and Pres. are cowards on every level with football. I am obviously friendly to my buddies who have UF degrees and who are fans, never ****y or disrespectful, but don't push BS or cross a line. I am old enough to know my real rival and I expect to win this game.

They played 3 p5/4 schools in those 33 games.

Advertisement
They played 3 p5/4 schools in those 33 games.

Big 12 - Utah (the ONE team ranked when they played AND ranked at the end of the season)
SEC - South Carolina (2-8 during COVID)
SEC - Tennessee (ranked when they played, Tennessee finished 4-8)
SWC (now defunct, merged into Big 12, though not inluding Houston) Houston (finished 2-9)
SEC - Kentucky (finished 4-7)
Big 8 (now defunct, merged into Big 12) - Oklahoma St (finished 4-7)

Since 1990, the Gators have played EXACTLY ONE home opener against a Power conference opponent that finished the year above .500 and that team is Utah.

Advertisement
Anyone ever eat gator? Tastes like chicken? Gamey?
come by the tailgate on Saturday and you can try some. I got one in my freezer right now. Legs and backstrap are a bit gamey. Kind of like the dark meat on turkey legs as far as texture.

Tail is usually what is eaten. Smoked it has a bit of medium well pork tenderloin texture and pretty neutral flavor like a chicken where you really taste whatever you season it with. Lots of people fry the tail as well for gator bites. Those can get a bit chewy but again white meat and pretty mild flavor.

I got a feeling the a lot of turds have a huge question mark regarding what’s coming this year and if we can drive the ball up their butts ( pause) on that first drive then have them go 3 and out then I gotta believe most of them say “ oh ****. That’s what I was worried about”.

Also HTF are we 2-/3 point favorites AT UFAG and ESPN’s FPI gives the turds a 57%. Chance to win…Makes no sense unless you consider the source.

If this game was in week 4 or later I'd agree. But its game one, the team and the fans are going to be full of hope. Still see a W for the good guys just because of the massive advantage on both lines of scrimmage but I think it'll be close.

Advertisement
Back