Tears Gator Tears

If anything bad can happen, it will - Miami Football

It’s hard to move on from the abuse. Battered wife syndrome. When someone flails their arm around, it’s just natural to flinch. Maybe it will pass in time.

I’m not scared honestly. If we lose, at least I won’t have to get my hopes up the rest of the season.
I told the Mizzou lads here that my Miami fandom is done if they don't get 10 wins this year. Both a testament to how long I have been a fan of absolute mediocrity (started rooting for the Canes after 2003) and how confident I am in this team for the upcoming season. I may have been a little sauced when I threw this out.

--ill still always be a canes fan, but they will get bragging rights on this one. It's been fun to be optimistic for both fan bases for once at the same time.

Advertisement
I hate to interrupt this incredibly important Lowe’s conversation but every day that passes the more anxious I get about this game. And not that I’m scared or anything it’s just that it’s such a massive game right out the gate in terms of how the season will likely go.

Our schedule is so embarrassingly weak that I really believe that the gator will be one of the 3 best offenses we face all year, maybe even one of the two best. And we have a ton of new faces, especially in the back 7 that’ll need to be on the same page. It’s just such a gigantic game not just because it’s against the gator and you have to beat them when you can actually get them to play you, but imo this is genuinely one of the hardest games of the entire season and if you can somehow get it done, it really opens the door to have a special season. I know there are still 11 more to play after this one but what a massive game right out the chute for this program in such an incredibly pivotal year.
I suspect with their schedule the lizards will get pummeled this year, and I don't want beating the Canes to be the one bright spot in their season. Because I get all my scouting info on rivals from Tears, (which is obviously the best--if not the most realistic frame of reference), I don't feel like I have a true understanding of their strengths and weaknesses vs. ours.

I don't want to see a close, grinding, ball-controlled game that both they and Mario are capable of. I suspect that our D-line will keep Schmertz running for his life, which should help our defensive backfield against their receiver playmakers, and I hope Dawson opens up the air-raid part of air-raid.

When I get worried, though, I just look at a few GIFs of Sling-Blade, and everything seems better.

Billy Bump.webp

You can talk a good game and know your **** but you better have the dogs or this happens

All he does is talk a good game, he clearly doesn’t know his **** the way he’s been getting run over for two seasons. I never thought I’d say this, but I found someone worse than noD… and they’re hanging onto this loser. One of the reasons why I think they’re going to totally suck this year. Their defense is going to get *** raped on an ongoing basis in 2024.

Yeah, they’re definitely going to be multiple in the back.

Lowe’s vs Home Depot

Go
Orange > Blue and red. For the most part, Lowe's sucks. After Covid, the one here had a hard time finding employees who were willing to work and could pass the drug test. HD has had some of the same people for years. It's nice to get an actual answer when you're asking a slightly technical question instead of a blank stare.

Oh, and Lowe's hired Hevesy, that says a lot.

Advertisement
I suspect with their schedule the lizards will get pummeled this year, and I don't want beating the Canes to be the one bright spot in their season. Because I get all my scouting info on rivals from Tears, (which is obviously the best--if not the most realistic frame of reference), I don't feel like I have a true understanding of their strengths and weaknesses vs. ours.

I don't want to see a close, grinding, ball-controlled game that both they and Mario are capable of. I suspect that our D-line will keep Schmertz running for his life, which should help our defensive backfield against their receiver playmakers, and I hope Dawson opens up the air-raid part of air-raid.

When I get worried, though, I just look at a few GIFs of Sling-Blade, and everything seems better.

View attachment 294500
I think that we match up very well against them. They're much better on offense than on defense in my opinion. Mertz is a good QB that rarely makes a mistake, albeit he excels in the short passing game and is TBD with intermediate or deep passing. They've got two solid receivers on the outside. They also have a good starting RB in Montrell Johnson, and some talent in that room.

Their OL has been complete *** under Billy, and their defense (which wasn't very good to begin with) lost some talented guys from last year. Add in the return of their failed DC for another year, and that defense could easily be swiss cheese again.

The key to this game for us is starting fast. We can't let them hang around. Billy's gonna throw the kitchen sink in the first half. If we can withstand that and go up quick, they'll fold.

View attachment 294500

Come out slinging it and go up 10 quickly and UF won’t be able to crawl back unless we completely botch coverage and allow chunk plays, 100 play running drives etc. Mertz can’t bring them back with his arm.

Advertisement
I hate to interrupt this incredibly important Lowe’s conversation but every day that passes the more anxious I get about this game. And not that I’m scared or anything it’s just that it’s such a massive game right out the gate in terms of how the season will likely go.

Our schedule is so embarrassingly weak that I really believe that the gator will be one of the 3 best offenses we face all year, maybe even one of the two best. And we have a ton of new faces, especially in the back 7 that’ll need to be on the same page. It’s just such a gigantic game not just because it’s against the gator and you have to beat them when you can actually get them to play you, but imo this is genuinely one of the hardest games of the entire season and if you can somehow get it done, it really opens the door to have a special season. I know there are still 11 more to play after this one but what a massive game right out the chute for this program in such an incredibly pivotal year.

We roll...

Orange > Blue and red. For the most part, Lowe's sucks. After Covid, the one here had a hard time finding employees who were willing to work and could pass the drug test. HD has had some of the same people for years. It's nice to get an actual answer when you're asking a slightly technical question instead of a blank stare.

Oh, and Lowe's hired Hevesy, that says a lot.

Maybe its a regional thing. Up here in CT, Home Depot is better for the contractor but Lowes is much better for the regular Joe homeowner like myself.

No confirmed ex Gators at my Lowes. We have higher standards up here.

Advertisement

Name more than 3 position groups that Florida is better than Miami and than I will start to worry. Miami is better in the trenches and has a better QB which is why I think Miami wins rather comfortably.

View attachment 294500
I expect a fsu vs lsu type game last year
That was essentially an lsu home game
Anything less is a failure

Advertisement

I mean it shouldn’t be very surprising or crazy that they’re offense is going to be one of the better units we face. Their qb played well last year, they have a good rb, 2 good proven WRs I believe, and at least 3 proven Olineman that at least run blocked well.

Their defense is probably going to be bad though, while I fully expect our offense to be elite. And we probably will have a major advantage with our EDGEs over their OTs.

Just remember me saying this.

At some point Damien Martinez is going to run over Cormani McClain and he may quit football.

I for one cannot wait to see the impact.

Martinez rushes for over 100 and we win by 20+. Mark that down.

The Gator dies in late August.

It’s week 1, Mario is our coach, lots of newness on both sides, in the swamp, it’s going to be a close grind it out type game. Once we get a lead, I would suspect the tempo to come to a standstill and a heavy dose of Damien Martinez.

The only way I see a margin larger than 2 TDs is if the defense or ST create big plays.

Advertisement
Back