Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
I've never knocked the basic construction of Hard Rock.

I have clearly stated that I wish it was further south, that the management team is destroying the parking, and that there were some structural issues (sideline distances) that needed to be addressed (but could never truly be completely changed).

But it's a **** good 40-year old stadium, probably one of the absolute best FOR ITS AGE.
The $400 million dollar renovation basically rebuilt the guts. As for the fan experience ... man I love my club seats and the dining areas, rest rooms etc. Went to the UM game at BC when Richt & Manny had a bit of a falling out. "On campus stadium" ... BC has one. No parking on campus however ... 3 satellite lots with virtually 0 tailgating. Aluminum bench seats, and horrible "dining / foodservice" facilities. Took 30 minutes in line to get a couple of hot dogs and beers. Horrible stadium experience. Hard Rock is a jewell by comparison.

I realize many people have not been to Florida Field. It was where I saw my VERY FIRST Miami game in 1986, that last of the "annual rivalry games" we played in Hogtown.

I realize the stadium has a decent capacity, but it is trash. Since 1986, they built a new northern end zone section, but the rest of the stadium IS GARBAGE. It doesn't even have an "upper bowl/lower bowl", it's just one loooooooong rise of seats along both sidelines. They have meaningless blank walls due to the haphazard construction on which they have painted dumb slogans like "Welcome To The Swamp" and "Will Suck D!ck For Rivals/247 Stars".

Attachments

• scale.webp
    scale.webp
    220.5 KB · Views: 26
Advertisement
I think it's been said here today, but in a roundabout way. So just to be clears for tears:

Payton Kirkland from UF stronghold Orlando, patron saint of spring 2022 gator mock classes everywhere... has ELIMINATED UF and is down to Miami and Michigan State.
They don’t want him though

(Now we learn that he told them and others that they’re out. Lol)

The $400 million dollar renovation basically rebuilt the guts. As for the fan experience ... man I love my club seats and the dining areas, rest rooms etc. Went to the UM game at BC when Richt & Manny had a bit of a falling out. "On campus stadium" ... BC has one. No parking on campus however ... 3 satellite lots with virtually 0 tailgating. Aluminum bench seats, and horrible "dining / foodservice" facilities. Took 30 minutes in line to get a couple of hot dogs and beers. Horrible stadium experience. Hard Rock is a jewell by comparison.

More than the guts. They moved/started the seating much closer to the field and renovated all the lower level seating going back from there to line up appropriately. Also, roof! When I think of guts I think of the back of house type stuff, not the veneer. But maybe that's what you meant too.

Recruit: I will be attending the University of Flagship.

Interviewer: Why did you choose the University of Flagship?

Recruit: On campus stadium, game day atmosphere, top 5 public university.

:monkey-serious:

Interviewer: What other schools did you consider?

Recruit: Miami was after me pretty hard, but the combination of the long 45 minute drive to their NFL stadium and the 80 yard IPF just turned me off.

Interviewer: Miami has an NFL stadium with many modern amenities.

Recruit: If students can’t urinate together in a group trough or similar level of inconveniences… if they are confined in their fandom by actual seat backs as opposed to metal bleachers, then it just doesn’t feel like home to me.

Recruit: If students can’t urinate together in a group trough or similar level of inconveniences… if they are confined in their fandom by actual seat backs as opposed to metal bleachers, then it just doesn’t feel like home to me.

It's so easy to combat too. These kids all dream about making it to the NFL. It's a top-shelf NFL stadium where the Super Bowl and CFP get played every five years or better. And you tell them how the Dolphins (or maybe accentuate their opponents lol) play on the same field as you do each weekend. Plus if you bring them there and light that place up, its insane.

Advertisement
This is how a lot of the older stadiums are. Miami fans don’t realize how good we have it in an NFL facility. We complain that the seat backs are blue while most college stadiums don’t have seat backs at all. We have escalators to take us to the second and third levels while Choke Campbell Stadium and the Swamp have one section and a long set of stairs to climb. Most of the “on campus” stadiums are really bare bones. They were either built 75 years ago and still remain mostly in that condition or they’re the new erector set style bleacher stadiums that resemble a fancy high school football facility.

this. when you build these college stadiums, they're never gonna be nice esp for a place like miami where we've been using a pro stadium for over a decade now. you will never get the level you get with HRS or a new NFL stadium. diff crowd, diff money that goes into it.

I've had similar parking experiences at pretty much every on campus stadium I've visited. We may complain that they built a tennis stadium in the middle of the Hard Rock Stadium parking lot but at least there's an actual parking lot. Most school stadiums have a tiny area reserved for high level donor parking and everyone else just finds a random place to park on campus. This can sometimes mean you need to make a 30 or longer minute walk from whatever Arts and Sciences parking lot you're parked in just to get to the actual stadium entrance. I got lost making my way back from the stadium at UCF when I went to a game there two years ago. AND I WENT TO SCHOOL THERE. In fairness, there was no stadium and the campus was half the size when I was there but my buddy and I had to make a crazy long trek across the campus to get from the parking lot to the stadium. This is for a stadium that only holds about 40,000 people.

Those chairless backless metal bleachers are the worst. If you happen to sit next to a person of larger dimensions, the majority of the **** fan base, they take up their entire seat and half of yours. You have to basically spend three hours rubbing up against a fat sweaty smelly hogtown hillbilly.

Why, you little...

...didn't you know that the bonds of SEC football were FORGED through the close proximity of buttocks and penises?

Trust me on this, both times I went to see Miami-Alabama play in the Sugar Bowl, I was revolted by all of the Alabama fans ****ing in those circular hand-washing fountains. Those filthy ******** have no problems whipping out their tiny peckers for a circle-jerk urination session...

1657556661495.webp

(obviously that was sarcastic, I just wanted to find a place to use the graphic)

Last edited:
Advertisement
They don’t want him though

(Now we learn that he told them and others that they’re out. Lol)
It's apparently a "character issue". I looked this up in the FSU/FU recruiting playbook, Appendix B., Definitions: Character Issue: The moral deficiency characterized by a recruit choosing another program. By definition, this defect only surfaces pursuant to the recruit's decision, and as such should not be considered a failure or deficiency on the part of the recruiting staff, but actually an indicator of recruiting prowess and moral superiority.
E.g: "After serving the recruit mayo and mac at his final meal, the recruiting staff did not follow up with him for a month because he was a lock, only for him to commit to the school's rival. The staff were relieved that this character issue came to light early in the process, and moved on to other targets who were willing to sign NDAs regarding the macaroni."

Those chairless backless metal bleachers are the worst. If you happen to sit next to a person of larger dimensions, the majority of the **** fan base, they take up their entire seat and half of yours. You have to basically spend three hours rubbing up against a fat sweaty smelly hogtown hillbilly.
How I met my wife

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back