Tears Gator Tears

the issue is theyre gonna have to test stringently the entire time even before the game bc they need to field a team that is virus free before our game as well. they just dont have that money. im pretty sure AAC will go conference only as well. itll end up being UAB if acc still proceeds. i think acc will cut the non conf game out since it was in there for the sec games and start 9/26

As stated, they will have to adhere to the ACC protocol, including the XX hrs before the game testing. Its expensive, but not THAT expensive when compared to the payout these teams get for going on the road in the Power-5. And if course it will be addressed in their deals.

But who knows? Maybe they will pare back as you said. The one thing we know is that nothing is going to go to plan.

Advertisement
As stated, they will have to adhere to the ACC protocol, including the XX hrs before the game testing. Its expensive, but not THAT expensive when compared to the payout these teams get for going on the road in the Power-5. And if course it will be addressed in their deals.

But who knows? Maybe they will pare back as you said. The one thing we know is that nothing is going to go to plan.

were about to see the b12 make their announcement and i doubt it will be any diff from the other conferences. acc will look dumb if their entire ***** folds bc theyre relying on some little sister of the poor for a meaningless 11th game

I am pretty sure that every non-ACC opponent has to adhere to the ACC protocol in order to be eligible. Which dovetails into your second point, as it will be expensive for these teams to comply. But they will be paid enough for there to be legit ROI.

Just like Miami needs a season this year to stay solvent, the smaller teams live and die by these payouts. It's a necessary lifeline. But I do understand your point. I would just say as much can go wrong playing Pitt as Temple, and if we really want to be honest, if playing a Temple team that complies with the ACC protocol is that dangerous, then we probably shouldn't be playing football at all these season. But we are, solely for money.
Cash moves everything around me...

I think like most things in 2020, you have to mitigate risk and hope for the best. I wouldn’t want to be making some of these decisions, as I’m not sure there is a perfect answer and there are plenty of people waiting to say I told you so, no matter what winds up happening.

I think like most things in 2020, you have to mitigate risk and hope for the best. I wouldn’t want to be making some of these decisions, as I’m not sure there is a perfect answer and there are plenty of people waiting to say I told you so, no matter what winds up happening.

Personally I don't think CFB will get through the season. I am wrong plenty, and often hope to be, especially in this case.

Advertisement
Gainesville after the tears dry up will be left with the largest salt deposit in North America.
E9CE6B6A-ED85-4341-8FC6-2DE965873D38.webp

tbh, itll be a miracle if even get through 4 games w the way baseball is going lol. college campuses plus travel for games. not a good combo. we saw with rutgers that it will be impossible to keep anyone inside and away from parties

Personally I don't think CFB will get through the season. I am wrong plenty, and often hope to be, especially in this case.
Agree 100%. 85 college students, without a union to force guys to act, or a paycheck to incentivize them to, and baseball lasting a week before running into a ****storm. I hope it fades away and is much to do about nothing.

I honestly don’t know. The extra game that the ACC has just seems superfluous and a bit silly. I think they did it to make the SEC look like they were the ones who didn’t want the 4 in state rivalry games, but I just don’t see the point of that extra exposure risk, inconsistencies in other conferences’ scheduling, not having the same testing procedures, for and the less flexibility if they need to rework the schedule.

It was two-fold. The SEC was delaying and the ACC wanted to look good/make the SEC look bad.

SEC ****ed around too long, ACC left an opening, and now the storyline is that the SEC balked.

One of the few chess moves I've seen the ACC make and which I admired.

Advertisement
It was two-fold. The SEC was delaying and the ACC wanted to look good/make the SEC look bad.

SEC ****ed around too long, ACC left an opening, and now the storyline is that the SEC balked.

now it will end up looking foolish when every major p5 goes 10 games lol and were sitting here trying to schedule william and mary

tbh, itll be a miracle if even get through 4 games w the way baseball is going lol. college campuses plus travel for games. not a good combo. we saw with rutgers that it will be impossible to keep anyone inside and away from parties

True. Hoops, hockey, and soccer have used a bubble concept. Has worked thus far.

Baseball did not. It has been a disaster thus far.

Don't expect much better for football. Now, we may still power through, but let's not pretend that baseball is a high-contact sport. It's probably the LEAST contact sport.

But here we are.

Agree 100%. 85 college students, without a union to force guys to act, or a paycheck to incentivize them to, and baseball lasting a week before running into a ****storm. I hope it fades away and is much to do about nothing.

NBA showing the way to protect your athletes is to keep it in a bubble and control everything. baseball didnt and its backfiring on them with the travel and hotels. harder to keep college kids in a bubble since theyre not paid employees like pros

I’ll give South Caroline’s president some props. They were the one school that voted no and wanted to preserve the rivalry game. Imagine somewhere between the 8th to 12th best team in the conference who was supposed to play Clemson was the only one that voted yes.

I think it was fine on the ACC’s part, it not a little transparent. I just hope it doesn’t bite the conference in the *** by forcing this game now against smaller conference teams.

Advertisement
now it will end up looking foolish when every major p5 goes 10 games lol and were sitting here trying to schedule william and mary

Nah, even that was a good PR move. "Trying to keep as many of our on-the-book games as we could."

Everything is cool, everything is fine.

ND would love to keep Navy. 4 other ACC schools would have loved to keep their in-state SEC rivalry games. Miami tried not to break another contract with a 2020 version of Arkansas State.

Probably won't work out, but we tried.

Nah, even that was a good PR move. "Trying to keep as many of our on-the-book games as we could."

Everything is cool, everything is fine.

ND would love to keep Navy. 4 other ACC schools would have loved to keep their in-state SEC rivalry games. Miami tried not to break another contract with a 2020 version of Arkansas State.

Probably won't work out, but we tried.

i think 6 acc teams had sec games this year. i do agree that at least they tried. best move now is just to say its cancelled. miami got out of the wagner deal and will likely get out of the temple one too

i think 6 acc teams had sec games this year. i do agree that at least they tried. best move now is just to say its cancelled. miami got out of the wagner deal and will likely get out of the temple one too

Oh, yeah, there were 2 other SEC-ACC games, I'm just saying the ones the fans care about are the rivalry games.

I liked the move, even if it doesn't amount to much.

Advertisement
Oh, yeah, there were 2 other SEC-ACC games, I'm just saying the ones the fans care about are the rivalry games.

I liked the move, even if it doesn't amount to much.

i agree. in theory, it made sense esp with so many cross conference games and you'd expect the SEC to care the least about a pandemic given their fanbase (tho this state is as dumb)

Advertisement
Back