Florida State (Game 3) 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
The Federman era should come to an end this weekend. Maybe see him in post season play if we absolutely need him. But he doesn’t have it, never has.

Advertisement
I disagree. It was a bad pitch to Robby Martin. He's a left handed batter who likes the ball down right in his wheelhouse. Miami should know that. In fact, most left handed batters like the ball down and in. You have to tie a left handed hitter up by pitching up and in and low and away. Exactly how FSU has pitched Toral all weekend.

Last edited:
We are on our way to b2b years of being swept at home by an arch rival while being ranked in top 5.

Advertisement
I don’t think I have ever seen a pitcher give up more 2 strike hits than Daniel Federman. This kid is tough to watch. Thank god he lost his ****y streak though, that was even more brutal to watch

For this team to reach their offensive potential,

Del Castillo needs to be a .350 / 14 HR type

Toral needs to be a .300 plus/ 20 HR type

LALa needs to be a .320 plus type

NONE OF THESE are happening right now.

Advertisement
How many automatic outs do we have in this lineup? Watching our approach this weekend makes my stomach hurt
That's been my boggest gripe. The team doesn't have right approach at the plate. Especially with 2 strikes. You have got have an approach of hitting the ball to the opposite field with 2 strikes and on all curveballs over the middle and outer plate. Our guys, for the most part, try to pull the ball outside of the Del Castillo brothers.

They have zero chance of putting the ball in play on outside pitches and curveballs because the the pull swings outside-in where the bat travel right over the top on outside pitches. It's why we see so many swing and misses. An inside-out approach keeps the bat on plane and the shouder and hips closed. It also allows you to see the ball a little longer.

It really bothers me the that the 2 strike approach is not emphasized and/or not executed. Gabby Sanchez talked about it at length in last night's game.

Advertisement
For this team to reach their offensive potential,

Del Castillo needs to be a .350 / 14 HR type

Toral needs to be a .300 plus/ 20 HR type

LALa needs to be a .320 plus type

NONE OF THESE are happening right now.
Also, outside of the Del Castillo brothers, the rest of the team has done nothing in this series.

I think McFarlane should get a shot as the third weekend guy. His stuff/potential seems to be the most comparable to Rosario and Mederos

Honestly after as bad as the first 2 games have gone on the mound, I would’ve switched things up let Palmquist start today try to get 3-4 innings of shutout ball, then went with other best relievers rest of the way try to scratch out a W.

We are going to go a whole 3 games, and our best pitcher won’t have thrown a meaningful pitch.

Advertisement
Back