FINAL: Canes Take Care Of Business Against Florida A&M 56-9

View as article
@E1k @MidnightCane @Memnon all lying to themselves pretending they were on the SB train.

Denial isn’t just a river in Africa. 🥰
Huh????

What SB train? I've always said he was a garbage game manager QB.

The point I'm making is, that's not what we should aspire to have. There's really only a handful of teams that are dominant enough to where they can win while having a Captain Checkdown QB & I don't think Miami is there, or will be there anytime soon.

The current roster as is right now with everyone 100% healthy, except just put Emory as the starter over Cam & how many games do you think we win this year?

Advertisement
Right? Makes little sense. I understand the RS rules but if Emory is the next man up, I want him to get as much game time as possible. Especially considering what happened last time he was out there.
I think what the staff is doing is as follows.

Keep Emory’s redshirt unless Cam has a long term injury. Then you burn the shirt and go for it with Emory as the starter.
Think of a scenario whereby Cam gets hurt late in the season. You can start Emory and maybe still not burn his redshirt if he doesn’t have to play 4 games.
Otherwise, let Poff play the mop up duty so that you don’t burn one of the four games Emory can play without redshirting. Keep Emory’s 4 games in the bag, but if it’s a longer term need then Emory is it.

I think the strategy makes perfect sense in today’s world of a much longer season increasing the odds you will need to play the backup QB for a few games, but maybe not 4 games.

Holy crap . I love seeing insane posts like this as I remember them from the 2000-2005 era too. Fans finding nitpicky nonsense that is truly nonsense to complain about. I couldnt find a flaw with any part of the offense if I tried minus 1 thing - Brown. He just hasn't shown great effort in the first 2 games. Beyond that We have an elite Qb ,the best RB room I have seen in Miami since the Gore/Mcgahee/Jackson one and we have the ACC's best WR duo and could be trio with Brown stepping up or Horton continuing to flash. Our D needs work in the secondary once you get to 2nd and 3rd team as well. But miami is an elite team this year for sure and any complaint is very minor.

And the insiders say Emory is 2nd string but they are saving his games in hopes he can redshirt. Poff will play in blow outs and after him possibly Judd. Emory only goes in if Cam gets hurt.
This is not nitpicking. These are things that will matter when we play better teams. This RB room is nowhere close to Gore etc.

As for Brown, we need one of these young guys to step up n start eating into his snaps. Been 2 games already and he's still hasn't showed any type of urgency.

Advertisement
I think as far as our QB room goes it’s the portal next year giving Luke a year to get used to the speed of CFB then hopefully he is ready to take over as a RS Freshman and we have him for the next 3 years ( hopefully meaning he’s good enough to go pro after 3 yrs) and by that time Mario has the QB room stacked with studs.

But somewhere along the line Mario needs to start lining up QB’s he’s recruiting and we aren’t relying on the portal every year going forward.

Advertisement
Back