FINAL: Canes Take Care Of Business Against Florida A&M 56-9

Advertisement
Just because they said it doesn't mean it's true.
Right but if Emory isn't hurt then how do you explain his absence? Just a weird situation.

Still great execution today for the most part which is great to see against a squad like FAMU. Our passing game is smooth as silk and looks almost effortless. The run game needs to get cranked up but I'm confident we will find our footing there.

Right but if Emory isn't hurt then how do you explain his absence? Just a weird situation.

Still great execution today for the most part which is great to see against a squad like FAMU. Our passing game is smooth as silk and looks almost effortless. The run game needs to get cranked up but I'm confident we will find our footing there.
Maybe he's not actually QB2?

Advertisement
I think they are just trying to preserve William’s redshirt. Puff is not the guy. Without Ward, our passing game would be hot garbage
I agree with this. Emory can play in 4 games but no need to waste him if Cam is healthy. They are continuing to defer those 4 games as long as they can. That makes sense.

Advertisement
Emory is an average QB with very average arm talent.

Despite the offseason hype train, there's absolutely nothing special about him that you can hang your hat on that he's a surefire #2.

Perhaps the thinking is he can eventually be a Ken Dorsey type- a cerebral QB who takes care of the ball and distributes it to the playmakers. The kid has the mentality you want to see (Clemson/FSU last season), he put his body on the line last year, by all accounts he has the respect of his teammates. I am not saying he’s Dorsey, just that someone with Emory’s attributes could still have a place on the roster.

Advertisement
Perhaps the thinking is he can eventually be a Ken Dorsey type- a cerebral QB who takes care of the ball and distributes it to the playmakers. The kid has the mentality you want to see (Clemson/FSU last season), he put his body on the line last year, by all accounts he has the respect of his teammates. I am not saying he’s Dorsey, just that someone with Emory’s attributes could still have a place on the roster.
He's a game manager at his very best.

His place on the roster is as a backup.

- Tyler Baron is a very elite defensive end. 2 games in a row he is mowing tackles down.

- Sam Brown has to improve for this offense to be elite

- So happy we got to see what all the film of Damien Martinez looked like hope he got more confidence moving forward

- The young freshman have a ton of potential but I find it interesting that Pruitt is the guy on ST as a true freshman who gets everyone lined up and verifies numbers - speaks to their trust in him

- I need to see the Bain/Baron combo man. NEED IT.

- Samson didn’t seem thrilled to be in with the backups. Watched him the whole fourth quarter so many plays he was blocking nobody in space and wasn’t too energetic on plays

- Crowd ended up pretty strong after it looked terrible at kick.
I noticed that about Samson as well. Seemed to be loafing it out there. Not a good sign, I hope we can keep him engaged.

Advertisement
He's a game manager at his very best.

His place on the roster is as a backup.

If the team has exceptional talent at every position, a game manager can still win a lot of games. I think it’s a comfort blanket for a OC to have a capable backup that he can trust to execute the offense exactly as called. Obviously you would want the natural arm talent of a kid like Ward, but at least if he’s unavailable, from an OCs perspective you might still have a chance with someone who can basically be the on-field cutout of the OC.

Stetson Bennett had less talent than Emory. I’m not saying you’re wrong but crazier things have happened.
5iT1IsP7DjzMs.gif

Advertisement
Back