FINAL: Canes Take Care Of Business Against Florida A&M 56-9

Advertisement
**** it.. I’ll say it.

Cam Ward is one of the best QB’s I’ve ever seen.

**** is just so easy with that OL. I’m sure It’ll get a lot more difficult going forward, but I trust what we’ve seen so far isnt a fluke.. he’s really H1M!!!
Manning
Elway
Brady
Mahomes
Marino
Montana
Favre
Brees
Young
Rodgers

Tebow
Young
Dorsey
Watson
Lawrence
Fields
Luck
Burrow
Newton

Was at the game and have a little criticism and should be coached while we are playing these lesser teams.

- Ball carriers need to practice how to read blocks and go behind their blockers. The blocker seal their man but continue to run towards the tackler.
- Martinez needs to shed some weight and run at 215lbs. He needs to be more agile and faster.
- Use either Lyle or CJ. Using Martinez and Fletcher makes no sense. We need to make them pay with our speedsters.
- We need to finish lesser teams quickly. FAM had most of their safeties up by the LOS, there's no reason why we shouldn't be throwing fades when those opportunities are there.

- One more thing: We need more speed on the field. It still looks slow to me (Lyle and CJ need to be on the field).

Is it safe to say Miami's next starting QB or at the very least 2nd string QB is not on the roster yet? I am sure Poff is a good kid but I don't think he needs to be in a Miami uniform.
Next years starter is from the portal and Mario knows the schedule will be tougher. We will find the best portal QB and pay for him. People laughed when I said this last year but it’s clear with the QBs either on the roster or coming in need time.

Advertisement
Next years starter is from the portal and Mario knows the schedule will be tougher. We will find the best portal QB and pay for him. People laughed when I said this last year but it’s clear with the QBs either on the roster or coming in need time.
Totally agree. While you don’t want to have to go portal hunting for a QB every year, I’m glad we got Cam because now we have proof of concept of turning a 3rd to 5th rounder into a first rounder.

Hopefully we can get a sophomore (assuming there’s not another Cam Ward) to stabilize the position for two years while our star high school qb recruit develops.

Love it! The culture has certainly changed. Impose your will, with the intent to curb stomp every mf team that steps on the field. There should never be a time to let off the gas. Destroy everything.

Advertisement
Jadais Richards is a horrendous tackler also. That hadn’t improved whatsoever from last season. I know they see it on tape so maybe once Damari is back you can limit Richard’s snaps because man he is just horrendous if it’s an open field tackle.

Was at the game and have a little criticism and should be coached while we are playing these lesser teams.

- Ball carriers need to practice how to read blocks and go behind their blockers. The blocker seal their man but continue to run towards the tackler.
- Martinez needs to shed some weight and run at 215lbs. He needs to be more agile and faster.
- Use either Lyle or CJ. Using Martinez and Fletcher makes no sense. We need to make them pay with our speedsters.
- We need to finish lesser teams quickly. FAM had most of their safeties up by the LOS, there's no reason why we shouldn't be throwing fades when those opportunities are there.

- One more thing: We need more speed on the field. It still looks slow to me (Lyle and CJ need to be on the field).
Don’t think the WRs have made a contested catch yet. Even though it’s only 2 games we see all over the country how teams WRs make contested catches.

Advertisement

Martinez looked pretty explosive on that 33 yard touchdown run. But agree that they need to work on reading their blocks a little better but I think that will come with time and is being a little nitpicky.

- Tyler Baron is a very elite defensive end. 2 games in a row he is mowing tackles down.

- Sam Brown has to improve for this offense to be elite

- So happy we got to see what all the film of Damien Martinez looked like hope he got more confidence moving forward

- The young freshman have a ton of potential but I find it interesting that Pruitt is the guy on ST as a true freshman who gets everyone lined up and verifies numbers - speaks to their trust in him

- I need to see the Bain/Baron combo man. NEED IT.

- Samson didn’t seem thrilled to be in with the backups. Watched him the whole fourth quarter so many plays he was blocking nobody in space and wasn’t too energetic on plays

- Crowd ended up pretty strong after it looked terrible at kick.
i sit behind the bench of the offense. he was not moving with any energy or enthusiasm while on the sideline

Advertisement

Holy crap . I love seeing insane posts like this as I remember them from the 2000-2005 era too. Fans finding nitpicky nonsense that is truly nonsense to complain about. I couldnt find a flaw with any part of the offense if I tried minus 1 thing - Brown. He just hasn't shown great effort in the first 2 games. Beyond that We have an elite Qb ,the best RB room I have seen in Miami since the Gore/Mcgahee/Jackson one and we have the ACC's best WR duo and could be trio with Brown stepping up or Horton continuing to flash. Our D needs work in the secondary once you get to 2nd and 3rd team as well. But miami is an elite team this year for sure and any complaint is very minor.

And the insiders say Emory is 2nd string but they are saving his games in hopes he can redshirt. Poff will play in blow outs and after him possibly Judd. Emory only goes in if Cam gets hurt.

Is it safe to say Miami's next starting QB or at the very least 2nd string QB is not on the roster yet? I am sure Poff is a good kid but I don't think he needs to be in a Miami uniform.
Puff looked lost out there. Maybe he needs more time.

Emory is an average QB with very average arm talent.

Despite the offseason hype train, there's absolutely nothing special about him that you can hang your hat on that he's a surefire #2.
I get that man I truly do but I'm not talking about Emory being a true #2 as it relates to all of college football. I'm not talking about Emory being a #2 next year. I'm talking about him being a #2 on this squad right now this year. I'm talking about Emory being the best backup to Cam Ward this season when the other options are Puff the magic bust and a true freshman Judd Anderson.

Also I didn't consider the Fall Camp info about Emory to be a hype train. I took it that he was the only backup who could somewhat consistently execute the offense and the only backup we have this year who could consistently put together drives. Who do you think is QB2?

Advertisement
Back