Feldman on Manny Navarro Podcast

I've been saying the same for awhile. Big Joe sucks *** at recruiting, but he helps with the Polynesians. Off field would be much better. My only question (assuming what Feldman said is true) is why did Mario bring Joe and pay him so much and make him Assistant Head Coach of he sucks?
I suspect some of it is having a loyal familiar face in the room that has his back. I’ve been there and done that and did it in a way that no one suspected otherwise.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I find hard to believe that Mario NOW has issues with Big Joe. A guy that has been with him since 2018 and followed him to Miami.
Right? It doesn't make sense. Unless maybe someone like Alonzo or Steele was willing to give him that feedback that others weren't?

I find hard to believe that Mario NOW has issues with Big Joe. A guy that has been with him since 2018 and followed him to Miami.
Unless Feldman got bad (DIRECT SOURCED) intel which I highly doubt 😉. I‘ll assume this to be truth.

Hold on, am I seeing this right for Nussmeier as OC at UofM/UF??

2014 - Total O (112th)
2015 - Total O (111th)
2016 - Total O (116th)
2017 - Total O (109th)

WITF is this man’s name remotely being spoken out of The Hecht? What IN ThEe FOCk was The Cowboys thinking hiring this dude?? WHY Is Bruce Feldman BULLISH on this bull chit??! What r we talking about here??
God hates our University of Miami Hurricanes.

2014 - Total O (112th)
2015 - Total O (111th)
2016 - Total O (116th)
2017 - Total O (109th)

WITF is this man’s name remotely being spoken out of The Hecht? What IN ThEe FOCk was The Cowboys thinking hiring this dude?? WHY Is Bruce Feldman BULLISH on this bull chit??! What r we talking about here??
He was terrible for 4 consecutive years. Feldman had to be hitting the henny before jumping on that podcast.

Advertisement
Someone still on offense? I mean its not Mirabel, Field is a known recruiter and had a good TE haul, Kevin Smith missed on the big fish but pulled in nice recruits and seems to coach well, like who out of those 3 is the dead weight?
Field remember Mario was trying to replace him last year. If he would have got coley last year field would have likely been gone. And his TE recruiting has a lot to do with Mario. No Mario no skinner and Mario had the relationship with Williams going back to oregon

Advertisement
This was from 247 about a week ago

- One off-field analyst to keep an eye on if more shake-ups occur on the offensive side of the ball is Cody Woodiel, who assisted the tight end room in 2022. Woodiel is highly respected by coach Cristobal and if there is an opportunity to get him on the field this offseason (or next offseason), it will be explored. Woodiel has been on the road for Miami recently as he fills in for the departed Josh Gattis.

The annoying part still for me is that Mario portrays this very detailed coaching search that goes in depth… but it seems the red flags with Gattis should have been easily picked up on during the exhaustive search…

Flat out embarrassing
I mean Gattis did bang a recruits mom at Michigan surprised that wasn’t a red flag for Mario lol

2014 - Total O (112th)
2015 - Total O (111th)
2016 - Total O (116th)
2017 - Total O (109th)

Hope the Oc hire is out of left field a name we haven’t heard. Maybe a young up and comer that’s innovative

Advertisement
This is the reason why you don’t hire a HC who does not specialize in anything. Dude is lost out there trying to find people to work under him. Yeah, signing the DC from Marshal may be a good hire but it can also lead into an “I told you so” situation. Hire an offensive genius as a HC. Everything else will take care of itself.

Thought this was a pretty interesting podcast.

Some highlights for me:

- without naming names indicated there is a lot of dead weight on the staff. The board had always mentioned Addae but Feldman seemed to point to Salavea, Strong, and somebody still on offense. Sounds like Mario is hoping a lot of these guys leave on their own as they have big contracts.

- we knew this but Ponce and Gattis hated each other.

- Feldman thinks Guidry will be a better DC for us than Steele.

- Guidry has ties to Coach O from his Louisiana days (me speculating…wonder if he’ll be involved in some capacity).

- Feldman expects Jason Taylor to be bumped up to on field role.

- Nussmeier is still a possibility and not super optimistic on Candle🤮

I think I hit the major points, but may have missed some.

I heard this earlier today. Really enjoyed this interview. The one glaring note he said was how Steele defense against PYC was ranked 13th in the ACC vs Diaz a season ago who was 6th. Glad Bama picked up Steele.

This is the reason why you don’t hire a HC who does not specialize in anything. Dude is lost out there trying to find people to work under him. Yeah, signing the DC from Marshal may be a good hire but it can also lead into an “I told you so” situation. Hire an offensive genius as a HC. Everything else will take care of itself.

What does Dabo Swinney specialize in? or Ed Oregon? PJ Fleck?

Advertisement
Back