Feldman on Manny Navarro Podcast

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know some on CIS said some nice things about Rod Wright, but based on 2022 games and this recruiting cycle, at best he’s gotta be a net neutral kinda coach

If he was replaced tomorrow I don’t think it would matter to anyone
This is what I have been saying. But if insiders say he’s good I’m fine with him staying. Just haven’t heard anyone say anything positive or negative about hkm

I feel like the entire reason of having Salave’a is to get Polynesian kids, who generally don’t go somewhere they don’t have a coach… so idk bout sending him off. Obviously if he’s not doing what he’s here to do he’s expendable…

Big Joe also needs to land some DT's though. Horton was offered a significant NIL deal to flip to Miami and he was our only DT signee. the only player of significance to transfer away from the program this offseason came from his position group (Jackson).

Polyesian pipeline is great but his position group looks to be in awful shape longterm.

Advertisement
Big Joe needs to be off field. Addae needs to bounce.

Agreed. Joe may go back out west. Looking forward to see what the new DC does with his staff and what we end up doing in offense. Mario needs to let his coordinators pick their guys.

Yeaaaah, can’t argue w/ that. I think the Broyles Award blinded him to the red flags, like a girl with a pretty face, & a big *** will blind a man to dismiss how f’ing crazy she is (true story, life experience)
Are you implying there were sexual favors involved

Advertisement
I’m a big fan of Mario but I will violently seize leadership of the mope squad if he hires Nussmeier

My only thought that’ll keep me from jumping off the roof is the dude is a professional coach and we should at least be organized and efficient, but yeah man I’m with you. I’m not gonna be able to defend that one. But it ain’t gonna happen.

Yeaaaah, can’t argue w/ that. I think the Broyles Award blinded him to the red flags, like a girl with a pretty face, & a big *** will blind a man to dismiss how f’ing crazy she is (true story, life experience)
What specifically were the red flags that Mario missed with Gattis? Not saying I liked him but what was missed that was know by some CIS posters? Just curious

You guys may know something Mario and some of us didn't know so please forgive my ignorance and provide some insight.

Advertisement
Thought this was a pretty interesting podcast.

Some highlights for me:

- without naming names indicated there is a lot of dead weight on the staff. The board had always mentioned Addae but Feldman seemed to point to Salavea, Strong, and somebody still on offense. Sounds like Mario is hoping a lot of these guys leave on their own as they have big contracts.

- we knew this but Ponce and Gattis hated each other.

- Feldman thinks Guidry will be a better DC for us than Steele.

- Guidry has ties to Coach O from his Louisiana days (me speculating…wonder if he’ll be involved in some capacity).

- Feldman expects Jason Taylor to be bumped up to on field role.

- Nussmeier is still a possibility and not super optimistic on Candle🤮

I think I hit the major points, but may have missed some.

Salavae was handpicked by Big Manny for the staff and they have years of experience together.

Now he is dead weight?

C'mon now.

Advertisement
Back