FAU. That's cute.

Teams don't have other teams numbers FOREVER. Philosophies change, coaches change, and the results change. Are you suggesting that no matter what we do, we won't be able to beat Florida?

did i say it was forever? See now you are just trying to add things i never said,

You said there are teams that "always have your number". When I questioned the "always" part, you got mad and claimed that I don't watch sports if I don't believe that. If you didn't mean that sometimes there are teams that ALWAYS have your number, then you are agreeing with me that Miami should have addressed the issues that have made us Florida's little *****.

When you decide what you meant, let me know.

never said forever mane, there will always be years when you beat them but there are just teams no matter how talented you are you just cant seem to beat them its actually very common in sports

Advertisement
How about you Jagr?
Obviously, we don't know how the brackets are going to work out, but if we beat the Gator in the finals of our bracket then lose to Vandy in 3 in the Championship, is the year a disappointment?
I guess what I'm asking is what will it take for Morris to save face? All or nothing?

Losing in the finals? That would never be a disappointment. As much as these people made fun of me, being in the "final four" is a big deal. That means you made it to your bracket final and won at least two games. That is something we have not done since 2001.

For Morris to save face, or get me off his back, we have to compete in Omaha. Actually compete. Not fizzle out with a 1-2 finish like we have done in every appearance since 2001.

I agree.
As I said above, for me, it's the bracket finals.

never said forever mane, there will always be years when you beat them but there are just teams no matter how talented you are you just cant seem to beat them its actually very common in sports

But that doesn't exist with Miami baseball. There is no program out there that "has our number". Florida owns us right now because of **** poor program management for the last seven years, not because of some mythical vortex that prevents us from beating them.

Advertisement

But that doesn't exist with Miami baseball. There is no program out there that "has our number". Florida owns us right now because of **** poor program management for the last seven years, not because of some mythical vortex that prevents us from beating them.

It exists everywhere else but not miami baseball??? Thats what you are saying? and where is the mythical vortex thing coming from never said that either, you reaching now

Florida and FSU have colossal advantages over UM. Their tuition is $11,000 versus UM's $65,000.

If one increases scholarships to 20, UM would completely dominate and USC, Rice and Vanderbilt would become as dominant as LSU. That is a huge advantage. UF tells a kid that they need to borrow $5,500 per annum and we ask them to borrow $65,000. UM is masterful at maintaining its statistics and does a brilliant job explaining the merits of having to pay such a high tuition, but they remain at a marked disadvantage because they can only attain 1 of every 3 Abreu that emerges from Hialeah.

It exists everywhere else but not miami baseball??? Thats what you are saying? and where is the mythical vortex thing coming from never said that either, you reaching now

Quit being defensive and say what you need to say. Who is the team that "has our number", no matter how much talent we have?

Advertisement
Florida and FSU have colossal advantages over UM. Their tuition is $11,000 versus UM's $65,000.

If one increases scholarships to 20, UM would completely dominate and USC, Rice and Vanderbilt would become as dominant as LSU. That is a huge advantage. UF tells a kid that they need to borrow $5,500 per annum and we ask them to borrow $65,000. UM is masterful at maintaining its statistics and does a brilliant job explaining the merits of having to pay such a high tuition, but they remain at a marked disadvantage because they can only attain 1 of every 3 Abreu that emerges from Hialeah.

Vanderbilt costs $63,000 per year. The University of Tennessee costs $28,000. Vanderbilt has a championship, three CWS appearances, and 10 regional berths in 10 years. Tennessee has gone ten straight years without making the post-season.

The University of Texas has more money than Dubai. TCU costs $55,000 per year. TCU has become one of the most consistently successful programs in the country. Texas won't make a regional and is fighting Longwood for 130th place.

The difference is leadership, not cost of attendance.

We've blown this argument up before, so it's a sign of desperation that you would bring it up again.

Chimp - It is actually a complete lack of intelligence to believe that having to pay 5.5x more to play baseball at UM is not a marked disadvantage. That is simply asinine stupidity. I have been told that they lose 66% of what they would ideally like to recruit.

Vanderbilt's endowment is $4.5 billion to UM's $1.1 billion and they are able to award 3x the amount of academic scholarship aid that UM can.

Texas is a better program than UM. The problem is that they cannot fire Garrido. Texas has won 6x, has a minor league ball park and 75 years of tradition. It also costs $12,000 to attend Texas.

We win at a huge disadvantage. Regardless, you are not even a UM fan

Chimp - It is actually a complete lack of intelligence to believe that having to pay 5.5x more to play baseball at UM is not a marked disadvantage. That is simply asinine stupidity. I have been told that they lose 66% of what they would ideally like to recruit.

Vanderbilt's endowment is $4.5 billion to UM's $1.1 billion and they are able to award 3x the amount of academic scholarship aid that UM can.

Texas is a better program than UM. The problem is that they cannot fire Garrido. Texas has won 6x, has a minor league ball park and 75 years of tradition. It also costs $12,000 to attend Texas.

We win at a huge disadvantage. Regardless, you are not even a UM fan

Thank you for proving my point. It costs $12,000 to attend Texas. It costs $55,000 to attend TCU. But TCU is better because their head coach is better. You even provided additional evidence. The low cost of attendance is not an advantage for Texas the same way the low cost of attendance is not an advantage for Florida.

When we had Lazar Collazo and they had Jim McMahon, we were light years ahead of them, despite their much lower cost of attendance. When they got Sully and Jim Morris was flailing all by himself, all of a sudden the cost of attendance is a disadvantage? There's no way you really believe that with so much evidence showing you how absurd it is.

Serves me right for arguing with a primate.

One thing is certain. Tonight, I will root for the Hurricanes and you will root for the Cavaliers. The only indisputable piece of evidence is that you are obviously not a Hurricane fan.

Please ignore the rest of this post Chimp. This is for the adults on the Board. Morris at Texas wins 4-7 titles. Texas has the best facilities, better history, comparable athletes in its region and ideal tuition. Morris is still an elite coach, but he is no longer able to recruit at a high level. What separates him from Garrido is the fact that Morris brought back di Mare to "right the ship".

With the tuition handicap, the best we can hope for is Omaha every few years and making the tournament every year. Especially in this economic climate. They will always be able to have 2-3 stalwarts, but they now need to settle for great students and wealthy kids to supplement the roster. The NCAA needs to increase scholarships to at least 17, in order to balance the field. I was told that they had 6 players almost as good as Abreu the year that he and Collins committed. They could only offer 4 of them due to the tuition limits.

Advertisement

Quit being defensive and say what you need to say. Who is the team that "has our number", no matter how much talent we have?

Seems like you are the one being defensive with your problem of my statement

If you guys say that FAU is good enough to beat us, I'll back down on this one.

They've been 'good enough' to beat 5 of our World Series teams including 4 of the last 5.

So yes. Anybody who knows anything about college baseball understands that FAU is capable of beating us every now and then.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who said anything about being perfect?

We were 9-0 in midweek games before losing a 1-run game to FAU.

Of course that one loss was enough for you to start a thread to complain.

But somehow you're always confused when people think your standards are unreasonable.

The Chimp is not even a UM fan. Hopefully, we win tonight so that the primate disappears for a spell. I doubt that we sweep, so the primate may return for a bit.

Without DiMare, Jim Morris can barely compete in regionals. With DiMare, Jim Morris has the second best team in the country. But you can't figure out why people would question Jim Morris. Even the people who hate me are raising their eyebrows at that one.

When your claim is that Jim Morris has gotten lazy or forgotten how to win but then he's constantly tinkering with his coaching staff and constantly winning it makes you look silly.

My message is not that we should win every game.

But then why is that consistently your message?

We lose one midweek game to a ranked team and you throw a fit and say that we should be good enough to beat FAU.

You not only make no sense but you clearly lack any understanding of baseball in general.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back