FAU. That's cute.

With Lazaro Collazo and Gino DiMare, Jim Morris has two national championships.

Without Lazaro Collazo or Gino DiMare, Jim Morris had the worst CWS-appearance stretch since 1963-1977 when Ron Fraser was building the program. That is an indisputable fact.

But you can't understand why anyone would question Jim Morris.

Advertisement
The wins are nice but end up not meaning a whole lot when Florida blows us out in the post-season. And the regular season losses magnify the issues that have existed since 2001. So I think my approach is justified.
We might not even see UF @G in the postseason this year. We have had some losses that were headscratchers (12-5 @Duke, 14-3 @VT, dropping 2 games to UF @G). Other than those, really, the FAU/Louisville losses both by 4-3 margins at The Light aren't terrible losses. Both ranked squads, and both where we didn't play our best baseball.

To me, your approach is justified on the headscratchers I mentioned, but not justified on 1-run games against ranked squads, no matter if they're FAU or Louisville.

If you guys say that FAU is good enough to beat us, I'll back down on this one.
Last night, they were, and by only 1 run. That's just reality. If we play FAU 10 times, that might be the 1 win they get, and they got it by a run when we played badly.

Look back at my posts. I'm as down on Morris' coaching style as much as anybody, and I think the lack of power arms could hurt us on down the line in the postseason. however, our offense and defense have both been well above average this year, and we're ranked #1 . I can complain about the arms and how I think Morris' style could hurt us later...but a 1-run loss to a ranked FAU squad isn't going to have me burning Morris in effigy like you are.

Even as anti-Morris as I am, I think you need to pump the breaks just a bit.

It was Charlotte, as in UNC-Charlotte, by the way. I don't think you should be banned for being annoying. Should we lose to FAU? Probably not, but they are ranked #17 . It's not like we lost to Barry. You always say these games mean nothing since the national title is won in June. You rip guys for getting excited when we win regular season games. How in the world does it make sense for you say anything when we lose? But, I'll continue to play along. Our national title team in '99 lost to FIU (twice), ECU, Iowa, and Elon. Our 2001 national title team lost to FIU, FAU, Rutgers (twice), ECU.

The wins are nice but end up not meaning a whole lot when Florida blows us out in the post-season. And the regular season losses magnify the issues that have existed since 2001. So I think my approach is justified.

If you guys say that FAU is good enough to beat us, I'll back down on this one.

I agree with you about Morris being past his prime, and that he should go, I'm just saying your argument or posts mean little when you're seemingly contradicting yourself, or being hypocritical by saying people shouldn't put stock in regular season wins, but then getting on the team for regular season losses.

No team is perfect in sports, all teams have a weakness in some form, and there is that one team that our weakness is there strength and they burn us on it

Who said anything about being perfect? There are no perfect teams, but there are teams that are built to win championships. If we have a weakness that is exploited by someone else, why don't we change what we're doing? That's been my whole point this whole time. We sit back and allow Jim Morris to continue with his "proven" style without accepting that his style hasn't won a championship or even had success in Omaha for 15 years.

Will you be happy if Mark Richt goes 15 years without making the FCS playoffs? And only makes a NYD bowl once in a 7 year period? Serious questions. Because that is exactly what we're going through with this baseball program.

Chill dude lol im just stating that no team is perfect, you preaching like we should be when we lose everytime, you kinda contradicting yourself in your argument, and about the whole adjustments there are some things you cant adjust to and there are teams that always have your number thats sports for ya, and for the record i actually want a coaching change

Chill dude lol im just stating that no team is perfect, you preaching like we should be when we lose everytime, you kinda contradicting yourself in your argument, and about the whole adjustments there are some things you cant adjust to and there are teams that always have your number thats sports for ya, and for the record i actually want a coaching change

My message is not that we should win every game. My message is that great coaches address the things in their program that cause them to come up short year after year. We haven't done that. Power arms win in college baseball in 2016. We continue to run soft tossing lefties out there.

There are not teams that "always have your number". We owned Florida at one time. They decided that they had enough, so they went out and made sure they got the right guy. Now they own us.

Advertisement
The standard is Omaha. Period. Omaha is baseball's true final four. Arguing against that is akin to ****ing into an industrial fan.

Fresno State and Oregon State both won twice in Omaha, and Florida had zero business losing to UVA last year. Inexplicable events occur every year, without question, in Omaha. Consequently, Omaha is the truest standard of all.

If Morris' 2016 team fails to get to Omaha, then these asinine posts from the chimp would be warranted. Until then, these posts typify the rantings of a college-baseball-ignoramus.

USC won 14 titles in the 60s and 70s. They rarely make the NCAA tournament and they have an endowment that is 4x Miami's, and they also reside in a region that is arguably as talented as UM's. Only a handful of private schools make the 64-tournament field every year. UM's tuition totals $65,000 per annum versus ~$11,000 for California universities and ~$9,280 for Florida schools. Texas has missed the NCAA tournament 5-times during the past 15-years. We have made the tournament 44-years in a row. How anyone can possibly argue against Morris is beyond me.... The team faltered for 6-years and he brought back Di Mare, so Morris obviously strives for excellence. UM is the second best team in the country right now after Florida.

I am not sure how a purported "fan" could possibly be displeased with the results of this season thus far.... If the team fails to get to Omaha, which I think is unfathomable at this moment in time, then there is some, miniscule sliver of reason to complain. Until then, the term "mental midget" undoubtedly applies!!!

If we are the second (or third, or fourth) best team in the country, there will be more than a sliver of reason to complain if we don't get to Omaha. Especially going in as the RPI #1 last year and exiting the way we did.
I don't think anyone can be disappointed with the season thus far, but I would be disappointed if Miami doesn't get to at least the finals in their bracket in Omaha.

How about you Jagr?
Obviously, we don't know how the brackets are going to work out, but if we beat the Gator in the finals of our bracket then lose to Vandy in 3 in the Championship, is the year a disappointment?
I guess what I'm asking is what will it take for Morris to save face? All or nothing?

My message is not that we should win every game. My message is that great coaches address the things in their program that cause them to come up short year after year. We haven't done that. Power arms win in college baseball in 2016. We continue to run soft tossing lefties out there.

There are not teams that "always have your number". We owned Florida at one time. They decided that they had enough, so they went out and made sure they got the right guy. Now they own us.

Man....dont you guys work?

Yes, Florida is our roadblock, but they need a little help figuring out this CWS thing themselves.

Dude if you dont think teams dont have other teams numbers then you dont watch sports im sorry, and again you change your tone on your argument, im not trying to argue with ya because i do somewhat agree with ya but you flip flop too much

Teams don't have other teams numbers FOREVER. Philosophies change, coaches change, and the results change. Are you suggesting that no matter what we do, we won't be able to beat Florida?

Advertisement
Congratulations, you've been happy this season 6 times. Wish we were as good as all those undefeated college baseball teams.

Guy obviously has development issues. My bet is Aspergers (sic). Guy is obviously not well and clearly exhibits diminished mental acumen. Probably functioning at 55%.

Advertisement
How about you Jagr?
Obviously, we don't know how the brackets are going to work out, but if we beat the Gator in the finals of our bracket then lose to Vandy in 3 in the Championship, is the year a disappointment?
I guess what I'm asking is what will it take for Morris to save face? All or nothing?

Losing in the finals? That would never be a disappointment. As much as these people made fun of me, being in the "final four" is a big deal. That means you made it to your bracket final and won at least two games. That is something we have not done since 2001.

For Morris to save face, or get me off his back, we have to compete in Omaha. Actually compete. Not fizzle out with a 1-2 finish like we have done in every appearance since 2001.

Virginia barely made the ACC tourney last year, was a 3 seed in regionals, got hot and won it. They beat UF in Omaha so I guess O'Sullivan needs to be fired. The year before that, Vandy won it all after losing 4 or 5 weekend series throughout the year. Got hot, won it all. They hear Virginia that year. I guess OConnor should have been fired that year. Baseball is weird. Fresno won it in 2008 as a 4 seed in regionals. Where in the world were you when we took series vs Louisville, UNC, and Clemson? Or did you just coincidentally show up when we lost to FAU in a midweek game? I'm not exactly a Jim Morris apologist but good grief man, we went to Omaha last year, are looking good for a national seed this season, and we are playing really good baseball. I know you are just being a tool on purpose and all but it's pretty annoying. We've lost a series. 1 series. Name a team who hasn't lost a series all year. Florida? They've lost 2. FSU? Just lost to Wake. Texas A&M? Swept by UF. Louisville? They've lost 3 series. Are we the best team in baseball this year? No. I've had coaches tell me that UF may be top 5 greatest ever after seeing them play in person. But who cares, we are a top 5 team right now and when was the last time the clear best team won it all? Certainly not recently. Give it up man.

Advertisement
Teams don't have other teams numbers FOREVER. Philosophies change, coaches change, and the results change. Are you suggesting that no matter what we do, we won't be able to beat Florida?

did i say it was forever? See now you are just trying to add things i never said,

Virginia barely made the ACC tourney last year, was a 3 seed in regionals, got hot and won it. They beat UF in Omaha so I guess O'Sullivan needs to be fired.

Fired for getting to the bracket finals? Weird.

The year before that, Vandy won it all after losing 4 or 5 weekend series throughout the year. Got hot, won it all. They hear Virginia that year. I guess OConnor should have been fired that year.

Fired for getting to the championship series? Again, that's just weird.

Where in the world were you when we took series vs Louisville, UNC, and Clemson? Or did you just coincidentally show up when we lost to FAU in a midweek game?

There is a search feature. You can see for yourself when and where I have posted.

I'm not exactly a Jim Morris apologist but good grief man, we went to Omaha last year, are looking good for a national seed this season, and we are playing really good baseball.

We have gone to Omaha once in the past seven years, so quit using last year as a crutch. And as I have so eloquently stated, "getting to Omaha" is an accomplishment for Dallas Baptist. Miami should be winning in Omaha.

We've lost a series. 1 series.

That's neat. And if we win the CWS, it will be a monumental and record setting season. But you and I both know that isn't going to happen.

did i say it was forever? See now you are just trying to add things i never said,

You said there are teams that "always have your number". When I questioned the "always" part, you got mad and claimed that I don't watch sports if I don't believe that. If you didn't mean that sometimes there are teams that ALWAYS have your number, then you are agreeing with me that Miami should have addressed the issues that have made us Florida's little *****.

When you decide what you meant, let me know.

Perfectly okay:

....then these asinine posts from the chimp would be warranted. Until then, these posts typify the rantings of a college-baseball-ignoramus.

Until then, the term "mental midget" undoubtedly applies!!!

But this guy should be banned:

We shouldn't lose to FAU

If it makes you feel any better I don't think any of those comments should get you banned.

In my humble opinion both of you have good points. Should we lose to Fau? Probably not. Remember in baseball it is all about series since they play so many games. Its why I dislike the MLB play in game. Has the game passed #3 by? I don't think so, but it might be closer than we think.

Advertisement
Back