Expectations For Next Year With Or Without Kaaya?

Rosier, Weldon, or Perry. The only 3 I want taking snaps as a starter. The rest are JAGs. Gimmie an athletic qb for once

You know how many "athletic" guys are JAGs? It's interesting how you point out Rosier isn't a JAG. Considering he hasn't done anything since being at Miami.

He's been behind an NFL caliber QB, and he won the only game he started.

You proved my point. In addition, he didn't look that good vs. Duke last season. Average at best. It took a miraculous play, which he had nothing to do with, for him to "win" that game.

If Rosier is our starting QB next season, he won't be the one starting by the end of the season and that's no bueno for us.

Advertisement
Rosier, Weldon, or Perry. The only 3 I want taking snaps as a starter. The rest are JAGs. Gimmie an athletic qb for once

You know how many "athletic" guys are JAGs? It's interesting how you point out Rosier isn't a JAG. Considering he hasn't done anything since being at Miami.

You proved my point. In addition, he didn't look that good vs. Duke last season. Average at best. It took a miraculous play, which he had nothing to do with, for him to "win" that game.

If Rosier is our starting QB next season, he won't be the one starting by the end of the season and that's no bueno for us.

Didnt look good? We watched the same game? He made plays all game on the road at that

20/29, 272yds, 2TD/1INT. Not bad numbers at all. Only reason that game was close was because of all the bogus calls we were hit with anyway. I think the battle will be between Rosier and Allison. Defense will be the strength of this team so we can win with either one. OL is the biggest concern in my opinion, as both qb's will need a consistent running game to rely on.

People dogging Allison. SMH. He is the one QB on the roster (not counting Perry or Weldon) that would take Rosier's spot as the starter if Kaaya leaves.

Advertisement
The only way Rosier starts a game at QB at the University of Miami is if there is an injury to the starting QB.

FCS patsy
@ Arkansas State
Toledo
Notre Dame
Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Syracuse
@Duke
@UNC
@Pitt
@Florida State

Bolded are the games I think we might need Kaaya to win, assuming there's not a freshman savant on the roster.

I think we don't have an FCS patsy based upon how Washington was almost left off the schedule. I could see us coming to an agreement with another big school as we need two tough OOC games now. Washington just dropped Nevada off their schedule for next year. Not saying it's going to happen, but I hope Blake James inquires into a game with a big school.

With Kaaya we are preseason top 5 team and will make the playoffs and win the ACC . Without we are a top 15 preseason team but we have such a glut of talent around the QB that as long as Allison or Perry can manage the game we should still be the in the playoff talk and at worst win the Coastal and lose the ACCTG . And play in a big bowl. With no Kaaya that makes 2018 THE TITLE RUN .

LOL

you people need to calm down REAL fast

completely new O line

coley gone, njoku gone, brand new QB potentially, completely new secondary, special teams can be a joke as seen today..

The whole offense next year besides richards and herndon is one huge question mark

Advertisement
FCS patsy
@ Arkansas State
Toledo
Notre Dame
Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Syracuse
@Duke
@UNC
@Pitt
@Florida State

Bolded are the games I think we might need Kaaya to win, assuming there's not a freshman savant on the roster.

I think we don't have an FCS patsy based upon how Washington was almost left off the schedule. I could see us coming to an agreement with another big school as we need two tough OOC games now. Washington just dropped Nevada off their schedule for next year. Not saying it's going to happen, but I hope Blake James inquires into a game with a big school.

do not want an early game against washington with a freshman or new QB. reminds me too much of 2000.

With Kaaya we are preseason top 5 team and will make the playoffs and win the ACC . Without we are a top 15 preseason team but we have such a glut of talent around the QB that as long as Allison or Perry can manage the game we should still be the in the playoff talk and at worst win the Coastal and lose the ACCTG . And play in a big bowl. With no Kaaya that makes 2018 THE TITLE RUN .

LOL

you people need to calm down REAL fast

completely new O line

coley gone, njoku gone, brand new QB potentially, completely new secondary, special teams can be a joke as seen today..

The whole offense next year besides richards and herndon is one huge question mark

Running backs will be fine. Most important the defensive front 7 is going to be our best since 2004. We should be able to create many takeaways and force a bunch of short field scenarios. Plus, Badgley is a junior and is a great asset to have. We have a true playmaker at WR, a serviceable slot in Berrios, and we will need a few new guys to step up, which happens every year.

@Arkansas St
Toledo
Notre Dame
TBD (most likely a FAMU or Bethune Cookman type of team)
Georgia Tech
@Duke
@North Carolina
Virginia
Virginia Tech
@Pittsburgh
@FSU
Syracuse

With that slate of games (and this is in no particular order as the 2017 schedule has not been confirmed), I expect (on paper) a loss to FSU. That's about it. Say that Kaaya leaves and we have Perry or Allison or Rosier at QB; I think we can beat Va Tech at home. North Carolina could be tricky with Trubisky, but I still think we beat them even if he returns for his senior year. ACCCG is a must. 10-2 is more likely, 9-3 is possible, but 11-1 isn't fully out of the question with this ferocious defensive unit.

Advertisement
honestly we lose two more games without kaaya. idk our schedule but whoever steps in will not have same production.

was at the game last night and the fans around us were ing about kaaya the whole first quarter (somewhat deservedly so, he looked terrible) but then turned around and were all on kaayas jock when he was torching west Virginia for the last three quarters

We'll be better than this year but if you're basing all the optimism off the last 5 games the combine W-L (29-32)...

We did beat NC State (7-6), Pitt (8-5), West Virginia (10-3) which were above .500, but Virginia (2-10), & Duke (4-8) were well below...

We should all be Happy with the direction of the team but we lose a lot of experience with or without Kaaya and we're still not 2 deep at certain positions even with the upcoming Freshman class....

The optimism is Awesome for next year but to think we'll be a Top 10 team may be a bit Premature, let's just see how this plays out

honestly we lose two more games without kaaya. idk our schedule but whoever steps in will not have same production.

was at the game last night and the fans around us were ing about kaaya the whole first quarter (somewhat deservedly so, he looked terrible) but then turned around and were all on kaayas jock when he was torching west Virginia for the last three quarters

Whoever steps in for Kaaya will definitely not be as good as him in season 1, but that doesn't necessarily mean the offense will be worse. Richt showed a fair amount of rust from time to time with his play calling strategy and rhythm, and Kaaya pulled his trademark 1 or 2 quarter disappearing acts. If we get somebody that can avoid turnovers and make a few plays a game, our offense could be much smoother next year with a season of familiarity under everyone's belts.

That Defensive front 7 is CFP worthy, secondary tbd. If the offense can smooth out the hills and valleys, we'll be a 10+ win team next year.

Advertisement
Lets slow our roll a little bit. Last night was 1 game, and some of us are claiming we back. For one will be happy if we can even make the ACC Champ game. To me that is achievable if we continue to progress.

FCS patsy
@ Arkansas State
Toledo
Notre Dame
Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Syracuse
@Duke
@UNC
@Pitt
@Florida State

I thought Washington said they'd never play us again after 65-7?

The only way Rosier starts a game at QB at the University of Miami is if there is an injury to the starting QB.

This. I'll be that guy by saying that he should have never been offered to play at Miami. Did any other school in Div 1 even offer him? Either way, if none of the QB's on this roster can't beat him out next season, we are in serious trouble.

Advertisement
Back