Expectations For Next Year With Or Without Kaaya?

I know many are going to hate hearing this but Richt is going to need a couple of years to fix the QB (assuming Kaaya is gone) and OL positions. In addition, until Miami fixes the running game issues, I don't see us contending for anything that isn't the Coastal anytime soon. Need these recruits to come in asap.

Bama is in final 4 with true frosh QB. Kaaya leaving should not be an excuse for a step back. If Allison is going to be a player, he should be ready to go next season.

Advertisement
I know many are going to hate hearing this but Richt is going to need a couple of years to fix the QB (assuming Kaaya is gone) and OL positions. In addition, until Miami fixes the running game issues, I don't see us contending for anything that isn't the Coastal anytime soon. Need these recruits to come in asap.

Bama is in final 4 with true frosh QB. Kaaya leaving should not be an excuse for a step back. If Allison is going to be a player, he should be ready to go next season.

That can be said about any of the QBs except for Perry. All of them will be on campus in January so it should be an open competition between all 5 of them (Shirreffs, Rosier, Vinny, Allison, Weldon). Just can't see Perry being the guy unless he completely lights it up in the summer/fall.

That can be said about any of the QBs except for Perry. All of them will be on campus in January so it should be an open competition between all 5 of them (Shirreffs, Rosier, Vinny, Allison, Weldon). Just can't see Perry being the guy unless he completely lights it up in the summer/fall.

If Kaaya goes and Allison doesn't win the job, he's a bust and should transfer.

Worried about CB more than OL

Disagree with you on this one. CB will be fine with Young, Dean (assuming we land him), Redwine, and Bandy. If we can land another surprise on signing day and/or bring in another of these grad transfers like Colbert this year, that will be an even bigger bonus. OL is my main concern for next season.

Advertisement
If Kaaya does decide to go pro, I hope Richt can develop the next QB in line and bring back this program back to the "Quarterback U" days. With that being said I do think the defense will carry us next season and will dominate opponents. And with an improved offensive line the running game should still be solid with Walton and company.

Disagree with you on this one. CB will be fine with Young, Dean (assuming we land him), Redwine, and Bandy. If we can land another surprise on signing day and/or bring in another of these grad transfers like Colbert this year, that will be an even bigger bonus. OL is my main concern for next season.[/QUOTE

I agree on the OL part for sure. I just hope our CB's can come in and or build off of this year. Really wish we had Corn one more year

Advertisement
Allison is not going to be the starting QB next year. It will be Rosier.

I kind of feel this way also. Although not flashy, it's probably the safe pick with everything else coming back. Given that he's at least had playing experience, he may be the guy that gives us the best chance to get to 9 or 10 regular season wins next season. If Kaaya doesn't come back, I don't see us beating FSU or UNC but the other games should be winnable (or at least competitive) with virtually any of the QBs on campus.

Disagree with you on this one. CB will be fine with Young, Dean (assuming we land him), Redwine, and Bandy. If we can land another surprise on signing day and/or bring in another of these grad transfers like Colbert this year, that will be an even bigger bonus. OL is my main concern for next season.[/QUOTE

I agree on the OL part for sure. I just hope our CB's can come in and or build off of this year. Really wish we had Corn one more year

You and me both.

Advertisement
Rosier, Weldon, or Perry. The only 3 I want taking snaps as a starter. The rest are JAGs. Gimmie an athletic qb for once

Are you really comparing us to Bama? There is more to Football than just the QB position. Bama is loaded everywhere, which explains why a talented Freshman at QB is working out for them. Miami isn't loaded everywhere else. In fact, our OL is putrid. It's going to take years to rebuild our OL to anything remotely close to Bama. Not to mention, fixing our running game. If you can't run the football, you're ****ed in College Football.

Advertisement
OL needs vast improvement regardless of QB. Gotta stop the stupid penalties that get us behind schedule. The HC, OC & OL Coach need to have a discussion on our offensive identity. We seemed confused in October. 10-2 or better.

Go Canes!

Got Noles-Heels-Pitt on the road, which could end up as our toughest games/ lose's 9 & 3 or with a running game 10/2....

Rosier, Weldon, or Perry. The only 3 I want taking snaps as a starter. The rest are JAGs. Gimmie an athletic qb for once

You know how many "athletic" guys are JAGs? It's interesting how you point out Rosier isn't a JAG. Considering he hasn't done anything since being at Miami.

Last edited:

You know how many "athletic" guys are JAGs? It's interesting how you point out Rosier isn't a JAG. Considering he hasn't done anything since being at Miami.

He's been behind an NFL caliber QB, and he won the only game he started.

Advertisement
Back