2025 Elijah Melendez Commits to Canes! (Decommits 8/31)

(Disclaimer: I know nothing about LB's)

- Slow
- Uncoordinated feet
- Running gait looks cumbersome
- Doesn't have fluid lateral movement
- Would struggle as a Mike Backer; best suited on the Strong side as more of a rusher than a drop back LB
- North/South Downhill LB, would get washed routinely in pursuit on the backside
- Doesn't look like Miami caliber LB IMO

Reminds me of a Diaz era LB tbh.

Was not impressed by this take at all.

Advertisement
(Disclaimer: I know nothing about LB's)

- Slow
- Uncoordinated feet
- Running gait looks cumbersome
- Doesn't have fluid lateral movement
- Would struggle as a Mike Backer; best suited on the Strong side as more of a rusher than a drop back LB
- North/South Downhill LB, would get washed routinely in pursuit on the backside
- Doesn't look like Miami caliber LB IMO

Reminds me of a Diaz era LB tbh.

Was not impressed by this take at all.

So addition by subtraction? Sounds like Gabby's tweet that the parting of ways is mutual isn't rationalization.

Advertisement
Not sweating this. Keep playing like they did today and you’ll have whoever you want at LB.

So addition by subtraction? Sounds like Gabby's tweet that the parting of ways is mutual isn't rationalization.
It probably is a bit.

Kid said it's shutdown and continues to take visits. Notice Mario doesn't like to take commits when they aren't ready.

Kid is tryna get double pay n playing the crooting game..they just so happen had there eye on a guy and that guy showed out in Miami against a top team so seem to have that you looking we looking mentality which I truly like in recruiting.

Advertisement
Look, I know he’s on a visit and that could have prompted it, but also doing it to Miami coaches after a long relationship on the first day of their first game is a **** move on his part. I’m not worried about it impacting the team to be clear but it makes me think he’s a **** person on some level
It’s about the attn being on him. These kids want it all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid has talent. But if he has a Cormani McClain brain, we can do better. Our LB room is lights out right now. Nicholson and Guidry know what they're doing.
This is my thughts. Ability wise he’s my fav recruit. I think his sophomore tape it was? Was freaky looking! But I do want character guys who prioritize the right things.

I’ll never trust a kid that shaves his eyebrows
@Dwinstitles 👀👀👀 🇵🇷🇵🇷

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Back